Tern

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Re: Tern

Postby Discgo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:33 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:
Discgo wrote:
crazykrug wrote:Ask Beery, I know he was throwing one a couple weeks ago.

Ask Beery about this pic. :mrgreen:

Did he trip on his skirt or something? A tern on hole 7 at GV?!

You noticed that he didn't lay up for the duece, right?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby AO » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm sold on the Tern. I've seen Sprague, McBeth and Clue throw it. Incredibly straight high speed driver with a lot of glide. Very nice disc.
AO

Postby irban » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 pm

AO wrote:I'm sold on the Tern. I've seen Sprague, McBeth and Clue throw it. Incredibly straight high speed driver with a lot of glide. Very nice disc.

Are they using it for putt and approach like Beery? :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Single L » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:
Discgo wrote:
crazykrug wrote:Ask Beery, I know he was throwing one a couple weeks ago.

Ask Beery about this pic. :mrgreen:

Did he trip on his skirt or something? A tern on hole 7 at GV?!

I was thinking the same thing Joe ....... WTF
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 am

AO wrote:I'm sold on the Tern. I've seen Sprague, McBeth and Clue throw it. Incredibly straight high speed driver with a lot of glide. Very nice disc.

Other than a giant turnover when I have plenty of room I have no idea how to use it. I heard about Sprague's shot on 3. My problem is that I keep thinking it's less stable than it actually is. Gonna try one in star plastic.
Clue

Postby irban » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

irban wrote:

Are they using it for putt and approach like Beery? :P

I don't know what I'm talking about. I use a driver on that hole all the time too. Had a couple of aces there as well. Maybe you guys who aren't acing it should take note.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 am

Clue wrote:

Other than a giant turnover when I have plenty of room I have no idea how to use it. I heard about Sprague's shot on 3. My problem is that I keep thinking it's less stable than it actually is. Gonna try one in star plastic.

Exactly what i think of it too. Havent been able to throw the same shot twice with it, most inconsistent driver ive ever thrown.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:03 am

The Donator wrote:
Clue wrote:

Exactly what i think of it too. Havent been able to throw the same shot twice with it, most inconsistent driver ive ever thrown.

yeah, cuz you're the most consistent archer. It's always the arrow. :roll:

what clue is saying is a "trust the disc" issue - which is him, not the disc.
GDL17921

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 am

GDL17921 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
Clue wrote:Other than a giant turnover when I have plenty of room I have no idea how to use it. I heard about Sprague's shot on 3. My problem is that I keep thinking it's less stable than it actually is. Gonna try one in star plastic.

yeah, cuz you're the most consistent archer. It's always the arrow. :roll:

what clue is saying is a "trust the disc" issue - which is him, not the disc.

Lol... :roll:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Sprague » Mon May 06, 2013 1:57 pm

I've been killing the Tern! Won a $100 skin on the 400ft uphill hole at Standing Rocks (almost over drove it). What I noticed is that it seems to lift during the s 2nd half of the flight. I am not having trouble controlling them (but the archer is starting to play better).
Sprague

Postby Clue » Tue May 07, 2013 1:11 am

Sprague wrote:I've been killing the Tern! Won a $100 skin on the 400ft uphill hole at Standing Rocks (almost over drove it). What I noticed is that it seems to lift during the s 2nd half of the flight. I am not having trouble controlling them (but the archer is starting to play better).

I'm far from giving up on it. I only have one and it's a touch more stable than I want. I've seen the late life you're talking about, and Steffen swears by them, but even he was surprised at how stable mine is. On another note, I was consistently blowing 100ft past Fausch out at Pickard with a 165 Blizzard Boss. Fausch might have to wait 3 weeks before he hits the dollar menu again...
Clue

Postby iowapat » Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 am

Clue wrote:I'm far from giving up on it. I only have one and it's a touch more stable than I want. I've seen the late life you're talking about, and Steffen swears by them, but even he was surprised at how stable mine is. On another note, I was consistently blowing 100ft past Fausch out at Pickard with a 165 Blizzard Boss. Fausch might have to wait 3 weeks before he hits the dollar menu again...

I know that the proto-star stamped ones had the high speed turn of -4 and the production runs were -2...I've thrown both and there is a noticeable difference
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby GDL17921 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 am

Sprague wrote:I've been killing the Tern! Won a $100 skin on the 400ft uphill hole at Standing Rocks (almost over drove it). What I noticed is that it seems to lift during the s 2nd half of the flight. I am not having trouble controlling them (but the archer is starting to play better).

Did you throw it over the canopy and park it? I heard Drummond parked that hole going over everything a couple years ago. I know exactly which one you're talking about.
GDL17921

Postby Sprague » Tue May 07, 2013 10:16 am

This was the second hole. Played up to the top of the sled hill near top lift building.
Sprague

Postby Cruzer51857 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:53 am

Sold on the tern! This is the disc ive been looking for. Fast with hella glide and they seem to pop up a little during it's flight for some extra D.
171g Champion :mrgreen:
MDGC
Cruzer51857

PreviousNext

Return to Innova