GBO 2013

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Re: GBO 2013

Postby irban » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am

Was it surrounded by water? My inderstanding is that if there is water all the way around a rock, it doesn't matter if other rocks are touching it that eventually lead to land. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sarg, are you saying since the guy picked it up, it is automatically safe? What rule would that be? Courtesy or something?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 am

SARG27044 wrote:He picked up your disc? It would be safe then. If you would have ran over and marked it safe before the other people could look, it would be ob.

Thats the thing, i didnt get a chance to mark it, literally anything that didnt make the island drops out of sight, so when he said he saw it, i ran over there to look at it. I was staring at it and was 99% sure a ruling would have went in my favor. The other two guys in my group were a ways away, so the guy that saw the disc just says "its surrounded, sorry", and picks it out of the water. I had no idea what to do. I wish I would have known, i know someone will know the correct ruling.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby The Donator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am

irban wrote:Sarg, are you saying since the guy picked it up, it is automatically safe? What rule would that be? Courtesy or something?

Close.
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am

Yes and No.... If you run up to check your lie before the others can see it, I could call it OB. So wouldnt the opposite be true too? That guy should have in no way touched another players disc, unless its clearly ob. Im trying to find this in the rules but it keeps getting harder to do with the changes. I know the player gets the benefit of the doubt. If the group is divided on the call, they need to call over an official, or call it safe. He could have been DQ'd for cheating if you wanna go that route IMO.
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am

SARG27044 wrote:Yes and No.... If you run up to check your lie before the others can see it, I could call it OB. So wouldnt the opposite be true too? That guy should have in no way touched another players disc, unless its clearly ob. Im trying to find this in the rules but it keeps getting harder to do with the changes. I know the player gets the benefit of the doubt. If the group is divided on the call, they need to call over an official, or call it safe. He could have been DQ'd for cheating if you wanna go that route IMO.

I assumed it was OB so i went to go to the drop zone and he said he saw it. The water right off shore is deep, so unless you are throwing a Dragon, your fucked. I didnt care to look because i assumed it was gone, but he saw it first so i ran over, and then the following events occurred... Where is Clue and Kenton lol
The Donator

Postby The Donator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am

irban wrote:Was it surrounded by water? My inderstanding is that if there is water all the way around a rock, it doesn't matter if other rocks are touching it that eventually lead to land. Maybe I'm wrong.

It was half submerged, the other dry half of the disc was touching a dry rock, that was touching other dry rocks leading up to the island.
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:43 am

wtf are they the only guys that know how to read a rules book? It's still a gent's game, where you can call the penalty on yourself. If you were 99% sure it was out, why would you be looking for a more favorable ruling? The only way you could say it has to be in is if the guy picked it up before anybody else saw it. He probably should've waited for an agreement from you or somebody verbally that it was out before he grabbed it, but you stated yourself that you thought it was out. I'm assuming you just hadn't verbalized it yet. The other part of that rule Tyler's talking about is that if you would've gone down there and marked it and called it in before anybody else got to see it, you would (should)be ruled out.

Last edited by GDL17921 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 am

I think he is saying he thought it was safe. Im just trying to find the exact wording on this issue....The wording changes for rules every time I go and look :roll:
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:52 am

oh yeah you're right, I mis-read Lindsley's post - my bad. Well Lindsley, your option at that point would've been to speak up and refute that guys "ruling", especially since he didn't give the rest of the group a chance to make a group consensus, (which would've worked in your advantage, I assure you) then play a provisional, and take it up with Rusco.
GDL17921

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 am

way more complicated that it should've been. Take a lesson from the 14 year old Guan at the Masters that got slow play called on him when he was on the 35 hole and about a stroke away from missing the cut. I'd venture to say that that kid handled that situation better than 99% of disc golfers that get rules called on them.....which is sad.
GDL17921

Postby The Donator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:02 pm

GDL17921 wrote:oh yeah you're right, I mis-read Lindsley's post - my bad. Well Lindsley, your option at that point would've been to speak up and refute that guys "ruling", especially since he didn't give the rest of the group a chance to make a group consensus, (which would've worked in your advantage, I assure you) then play a provisional, and take it up with Rusco.

Yeah i was 99% sure it was in. And it was hole 18, so if our group couldnt come to a consensus, Rusco was on top of the hill a few hundred feet away (as well as the TD and another guy that was also making rules decision on another situation i had on another hole), and cass, presler and joe, but the guy picked it up so quick i didnt know what to do, so i got bent over and took it up the ass.
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 pm

could have saved all this talk with a better drive sssssss jk
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:could have saved all this talk with a better drive sssssss jk

ssssssssssslmfao :lol:
GDL17921

Postby The Donator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Cute guys and i agree :lol: . Waiting for Clue of K to weigh in. The ruling that should have happened has not been addressed yet. I already took a 3+ stroke penalty for that so you laugh all you want, i just want to know if anyone knows the correct ruling. Calring?
The Donator

Postby irban » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 pm

804.03 Interference

804.04- F for the "if you had marked your disc" comment from Tyler.

I found it by looking at the FAQ. You're right it is tough to find....

QA 44: Another Player Touched My Possibly OB Disc
Q:My throw landed next to an OB creek. It's hard to tell whether the disc is in the creek or not since the edge of the creek comes up into some mud and grass. Another player went up to my disc and pushed it down to see if there's water underneath. Is my disc now automatically in-bounds because another player touched it?

A:No. Note that the interference and position rules are written in terms of a disc being moved rather than merely touched. The other player did not change the location of your disc. In fact, a disc must sometimes be manipulated in order to determine whose it is. If you move your possibly OB disc, it is automatically OB. But there is no corresponding rule that makes it in-bounds if someone else moves it. If that happens, you restore your disc to its approximate position. Applicable Rules: 804.04 Out-of-Bounds; 804.03 Interference.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments