Burr Oak Savanna opening

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: Burr Oak Savanna opening

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

Burr oak savanna wrote:Yes season pass will $75. Still trying to figure out how to track it.

Sleepy Hollow opened a pay to play last Summer in Des Moines. They simply photocopied my driver's license and used the picture off of it to create a small card that they laminated. I had to show it each time I played - where a daily player would pay, and then we would both get the day pass tags (paper wrist bands, which they would have us attach to our disc golf bags to indicate that we had checked in that day.

I agree, if your day pass is only going to be $3, you might want to think about pricing the season pass a little more competitively. That way, when guys come up from CR, you'll collect more from them. As stated, an out of towner (which most players will be) would have to get 25 rounds in there to make it worth that price. Sleepy Hollow charged $20 for the year, which I thought was a bit cheap - but darn near everybody paid the $20, rather than paying each time, so it generated some capital pretty quickly. I think he could've done $30 and had close to the same results.

For a course like this, where it's not in a metropolitan area, a high season pass price will deter people from purchasing it. I would suggest a pricing point somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 or 3x a month at the daily rate, somewhere between $25 and $40, and I think you would sell a lot of season passes. The advantage of selling the season passes too, is that people feel more inclined to come back, as they have paid to do so. If you have other items for sale - discs, drinks, bait for fishing, etc. people are going to buy that stuff, so you want them coming back.

Just my two cents - I hope that the venture is successful. I usually drive through Shellsburg on the way to Wildcat Bluff, so I'll definately be checking you out this year.
GDL17921

Postby Burr oak savanna » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:32 pm

The biggest problem for me is that I'm competing with state'county'or city parks. All money spent is mine.I would just as soon not sell yearly pass. Then if you want to come 15 times a year pay daily and everbody's happy. I have a job and won't be there all the time. If you register just when you come daily I know whos there. Season passes are for locals that want to use my property for recreation weekly. Thanks for the input.
Burr oak savanna

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh, that makes total sense - you're going to be more like J&B Rolling Hills in Lamoni then. I don't even know if Bob down there has a season pass rate. It's his private land and he's rarely there when we go play. He's charged $5/day for as long as I can remember - you might consider that. We'll pay it.
GDL17921

Postby The Donator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 pm

GDL17921 wrote:Oh, that makes total sense - you're going to be more like J&B Rolling Hills in Lamoni then. I don't even know if Bob down there has a season pass rate. It's his private land and he's rarely there when we go play. He's charged $5/day for as long as I can remember - you might consider that. We'll pay it.

For sure, not sure where this $75 figure came from but holy shit. Locals wont even pay that. Bob down in Lamoni has it right, like jay said.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Burr oak savanna » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 pm

It sounds like I'm cheaper then bob. Play the course then you can decide
Burr oak savanna

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm

do what u wish its your course . there will be alot of nay sayers on here just ignore them . were happy to have another course in iowa period .
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Like_Water » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 am

Burr oak savanna wrote:It sounds like I'm cheaper then bob. Play the course then you can decide

If the course is something special, $5 all day. People will make the effort to get out of town and play something unique. Especially in the summer when the city courses fill up. Why am I asking you to charge me more money? :lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby diskey river » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 am

I live in Iowa City, $75 is the most expensive ptp option for a season I have ever heard of. I play about 3-4 rounds a week on average and travel a lot to play. No matter how awesome this course turned out, you are going to have a very low turn out with those prices especially with the best course in the state is so close for free.

Check on the model Vallarta AST uses in Madison, WI. Its $8 for a day, and $45 for a yearly pass. The day pass should be the ridiculous number promoting a ton of people to pay for your season pass.

Plus, you have to go waaaay out of your way to get to Lamoni. NO ONE is gonna drive to CR just to play your course all day and then drive back home.
diskey river

Postby The Donator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:do what u wish its your course . there will be alot of nay sayers on here just ignore them . were happy to have another course in iowa period .

Lol of course we are glad to have another course. Are you going to pay the $75 then? Ignoring what seems to be a popular opinion seems to be the only "nay saying" i see on this thread.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 am

Burr oak savanna wrote:I would just as soon not sell yearly pass. Then if you want to come 15 times a year pay daily and everbody's happy. I have a job and won't be there all the time. If you register just when you come daily I know whos there. Season passes are for locals that want to use my property for recreation weekly. Thanks for the input.

you guys should read and try to comprehend what he said above before you post. From what I understand, he doesn't really want to sell yearly passes - and is pricing them so you won't buy 'em. He's not going to be there all the time, and daily payers gives him a better idea of who and how many people are there on a daily basis - which sounds like is what he wants.

What's popular opinion worth when it's YOUR property? exactly.....nothing. The only opinion that matters is the guy that's forking over the money to pay for the course and the property taxes every year.
GDL17921

Postby Burr oak savanna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks you get it
Burr oak savanna

Postby AO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 am

I'd like to get there soon and play it. The course opening April 1st?
AO

Postby geoffreylaw » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Burr oak savanna wrote:I would just as soon not sell yearly pass. Then if you want to come 15 times a year pay daily and everbody's happy. I have a job and won't be there all the time. If you register just when you come daily I know whos there. Season passes are for locals that want to use my property for recreation weekly. Thanks for the input.

you guys should read and try to comprehend what he said above before you post. From what I understand, he doesn't really want to sell yearly passes - and is pricing them so you won't buy 'em. He's not going to be there all the time, and daily payers gives him a better idea of who and how many people are there on a daily basis - which sounds like is what he wants.

What's popular opinion worth when it's YOUR property? exactly.....nothing. The only opinion that matters is the guy that's forking over the money to pay for the course and the property taxes every year.

Finally. Someone with some damn sense is posting. I was reading through this thread and thought the same thing.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 pm

The Donator wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:do what u wish its your course . there will be alot of nay sayers on here just ignore them . were happy to have another course in iowa period .

Lol of course we are glad to have another course. Are you going to pay the $75 then? Ignoring what seems to be a popular opinion seems to be the only "nay saying" i see on this thread.
no im not paying the 75 so u sir just shut ur fvckn mouth
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Burr oak savanna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 pm

O.k. would you pay $3
Burr oak savanna

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff