Iowa Rep for 2013 USDGC (Performance Flight)

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby Swisher Streets » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Hes asking who is interested, not for input on how to pick someone. :wink:
Swisher Streets

Postby Clue » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Like_Water wrote:
Ferch wrote:Every dger in Iowa has a chance for that spot.

Not true. It's 100% up to the SC.

And I think you have to be rated 875 or higher...
Clue

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

if the qualifier is doom and nobody knows it beforehand, its all doug's fault... regardless.
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Abe Froman wrote:if the qualifier is doom and nobody knows it beforehand, its all doug's fault... regardless.

I don't think it should be Legion alone; it is still early in the season sh!t happens in the next 4-5 months following that.

Clue, it's all your decision. But it wouldn't be bad to either pick the best player that didn't qualify or pick tournaments throughout the state with a minimum of X amount played and do the ratings thing.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Like_Water » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

With 4 A-tiers and Legion all happening before July, it shouldn't be too tough to set up a fair qualifier. If that's what the SC wants to do. If he wants to use it himself, I wouldn't blame him.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Grimm wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Clue, it's all your decision. But it wouldn't be bad to either pick the best player that didn't qualify or pick tournaments throughout the state with a minimum of X amount played and do the ratings thing.

Second idea is great...first....no way.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 pm

In my experience 90% of the opinions come from players who never plan on going. And another 75% of the players who fully intend on going don't. I'd really appreciate it if you're serious about either being considered or want a qualifier to let me know what you think should be done and why.

Odds are it's not going to LOD. I like that tournament for a lot of reasons, but I need to change it up.
Clue

Postby Clue » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Like_Water wrote:If he wants to use it himself, I wouldn't blame him.

I'll wait for my last term in office to pull that trick, right after I hand out pardons!
Clue

Postby laubdog93 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 am

I think that it should be based of of how well you do throughout the season, use the A-Tiers to narrow down the possible people, and then see how they have done at the other tournaments to make the final decision.
laubdog93

Postby Ferch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:28 am

Like_Water wrote:

Right... There in lies a chance, lol...
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby Ferch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 am

Like_Water wrote:

Right... There in lies a chance, lol...
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 am

:idea: how about a series separate from the iowa tour to accumulate points somehow? This is something you could do to perhaps promote some tournaments that need the numbers to be successful - aka the A-Tiers. This year is a unique opportunity in that we have 4 A-Tiers right here in IA in a relatively short period of time. They're early enough that it could work as a nice USDGC Q-Series or something along those lines. Plus it would be a great way to encourage ams to play more than one or two of these events if they're trying for the USDGC spot they'll need to play them all. With Cedar Rapids being the last one, the finale would be in Cedar Rapids.

Q-Series -
Rumble
Old Fort
Challenge
Cedar Rapids

x number of points for playing, x number of points for number of people you beat or tie. The assumption would be that this is for MA1 (advanced players)
GDL17921

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 am

Good idea Wood. Makes sense to me.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Discgo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 am

GDL17921 wrote::idea: how about a series separate from the iowa tour to accumulate points somehow? This is something you could do to perhaps promote some tournaments that need the numbers to be successful - aka the A-Tiers. This year is a unique opportunity in that we have 4 A-Tiers right here in IA in a relatively short period of time. They're early enough that it could work as a nice USDGC Q-Series or something along those lines. Plus it would be a great way to encourage ams to play more than one or two of these events if they're trying for the USDGC spot they'll need to play them all. With Cedar Rapids being the last one, the finale would be in Cedar Rapids.

Q-Series -
Rumble
Old Fort
Challenge
Cedar Rapids

x number of points for playing, x number of points for number of people you beat or tie. The assumption would be that this is for MA1 (advanced players)
You can't play them all if you help run one of them. This format will discourage volunteers from helping if they want a chance at the USDGC Qualifier
Discgo

Postby AO » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:Good idea Wood. Makes sense to me.

yes. 4 A tiers in a short period of time is unique and good for IA dg.
AO

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator