The Only Other "Real" Hobby

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby The Donator » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 pm

People are paying $30-90+ for a beer? JFC....YFC.....
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby iowapat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 am

AO wrote:Only 2 days from an entire afternoon of all kinds of Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts at Reds.

In...

AO wrote:Yesterday tried to buy and take home a bottle of Toppling Goliath's Naughty Temple at Parlor City. For a modest $30 bomber :roll: they told me "no" and I had to stay at the bar and drink it because people were selling it online for 3xs the value. Lame...I'm not trying to make a profit off beer. Just wanted to taste what all the hype is about.

You had to stay there to drink the Temple? Daaaaaaaaamn...how was that drive? Still sitting on a couple if you want one for home enjoyment
If you're gonna sell chicken, I pray to hell you're cooking it right
iowapat

Postby 1semenking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

So you must have got one from Pat to post on FB huh Adam??? If not, the bar that requires shoes to be taken off is way to classy for this guy!! :o
1semenking

Postby AO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 pm

iowapat wrote:
AO wrote:Only 2 days from an entire afternoon of all kinds of Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts at Reds.

In...

AO wrote:Yesterday tried to buy and take home a bottle of Toppling Goliath's Naughty Temple at Parlor City. For a modest $30 bomber :roll: they told me "no" and I had to stay at the bar and drink it because people were selling it online for 3xs the value. Lame...I'm not trying to make a profit off beer. Just wanted to taste what all the hype is about.

You had to stay there to drink the Temple? Daaaaaaaaamn...how was that drive? Still sitting on a couple if you want one for home enjoyment

Nope..I went back in yesterday and the owner sold me one as she trusted I wouldn't sell it online and saw a photo of my beer cellar. I think I'm going to wait till this summer to drink it though. Probably after my first win of the year.
AO

Postby 1semenking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 pm

AO wrote:
iowapat wrote:

In...

Nope..I went back in yesterday and the owner sold me one as she trusted I wouldn't sell it online and saw a photo of my beer cellar. I think I'm going to wait till this summer to drink it though. Probably after my first win of the year.

I highly doubt that it will take you until summer to drink it!!
1semenking

Postby AO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Well...clients using methamphetamine and kid being removed from their home has thrown me a curveball for the day. Bummed I can't go to GIBCS day at Reds.
AO

Postby Discgo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 pm

AO wrote:Well...clients using methamphetamine and kid being removed from their home has thrown me a curveball for the day. Bummed I can't go to GIBCS day at Reds.
If they are using meth can't you just reschedule for tonight? They probably won't be sleeping...
Discgo

Postby 1semenking » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Discgo wrote:
AO wrote:Well...clients using methamphetamine and kid being removed from their home has thrown me a curveball for the day. Bummed I can't go to GIBCS day at Reds.
If they are using meth can't you just reschedule for tonight? They probably won't be sleeping...

Or can't you be happy that your working on saving a kid from those surroundings??? Nah!!!! I'd rather have BEER
1semenking

Postby Discgo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:59 pm

1semenking wrote:
Discgo wrote:

Or can't you be happy that your working on saving a kid from those surroundings??? Nah!!!! I'd rather have BEER
go make a pig :D
Discgo

Postby iowapat » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:29 am

May have been a good thing...those $9 3oz pours really added up...
If you're gonna sell chicken, I pray to hell you're cooking it right
iowapat

Postby AO » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:22 pm

iowapat wrote:

ooohh! Bet it was good though. Parlor City still has a bunch of the special batch brews on tap.
AO

Postby The Donator » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:01 pm

iowapat wrote:

Wow, $90 beers and $9 for three ounces of......beer. Blow aint even that good
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby 1semenking » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 am

The Donator wrote:
iowapat wrote:

Wow, $90 beers and $9 for three ounces of......beer. Blow aint even that good

I can't feel my face!!
1semenking

Postby jnecessary » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Red's has $6 growler fills on Green Flash until Thursday, worddd.

Whoops, that is next Monday-Thursday.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:44 pm

jnecessary wrote:Red's has $6 growler fills on Green Flash until Thursday, worddd.

Whoops, that is next Monday-Thursday.

Is that Reds in North Liberty?
IHearChains

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff