Golf.....

Sports related topics.

Postby grodney » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am

How the f is the golf not on TV right now?
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby Carter45145 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:54 pm

grodney wrote:How the f is the golf not on TV right now?
Because the golf channel is showing the European Tour and LPGA! :roll: Yep, makes sense.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Decatur,IL

Postby grodney » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Ha, I only looked at the guide -- didn't actually tune to it. I bet they started coverage way early because they moved the tee times earlier. Cripes.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby grodney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm

This page:
http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/a ... board.html
doesn't show how many holes have been played for the matches in progress?

Really? Unless I'm missing something, that is HORRIBLE. I mean I can't even imagine the budget for putting together a website for something like this, and they can't even provide the most basic of information?
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby Grimm » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:44 pm

grodney wrote:This page:
http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/a ... board.html
doesn't show how many holes have been played for the matches in progress?

Really? Unless I'm missing something, that is HORRIBLE. I mean I can't even imagine the budget for putting together a website for something like this, and they can't even provide the most basic of information?


You have to click on the players name. But yea, it should say 4 up through 7. Seems like a waste to click on each player.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby grodney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 am

No Tiger. No Rory. No Phil. I'll be watching more NASCAR this weekend than golf.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby Like_Water » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 am

grodney wrote:No Tiger. No Rory. No Phil. I'll be watching more NASCAR this weekend than golf.


Not a golf fan? :lol:

Is Pastrana racing?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby grodney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am

Like_Water wrote:
grodney wrote:No Tiger. No Rory. No Phil. I'll be watching more NASCAR this weekend than golf.


Not a golf fan? :lol:

Is Pastrana racing?


Pastrana's in the Nationwide race on Saturday.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby grodney » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 am

Oh Rory, you should have just said your dog ate your homework.

"
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — Maybe it's time to worry.

World No. 1 Rory McIlroy walked off the golf course Friday and withdrew from the Honda Classic after hitting his second shot into the water on the par-5 18th hole.

The defending champion, who started on the 10th hole, was 7 over after making a double-bogey on the 11th, a bogey on the 13th, a triple on the 16th and a bogey on the 17th.

McIlroy walked straight to his car and left the Champion Course at PGA National.

"I sincerely apologize to The Honda Classic and PGA Tour for my sudden withdrawal," McIlroy said in a statement, released by the Tour. "I have been suffering with a sore wisdom tooth, which is due to come out in the near future. It began bothering me again last night, so I relieved it with Advil. It was very painful again this morning, and I was simply unable to concentrate. It was really bothering me and had begun to affect my playing partners."

But McIlroy did not mention that when he spoke to reporters in the parking lot as he walked to his car.

"There's not really say much I can say, guys," he said. "I'm not in a good place mentally, you know?"

Asked if anything was wrong physically, McIlroy answered, "No." Asked about his swing getting stuck, he said, "Yeah, I really don't know what's going on."
"
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby The Donator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 pm

grodney wrote:Oh Rory, you should have just said your dog ate your homework.

"
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — Maybe it's time to worry.

World No. 1 Rory McIlroy walked off the golf course Friday and withdrew from the Honda Classic after hitting his second shot into the water on the par-5 18th hole.

The defending champion, who started on the 10th hole, was 7 over after making a double-bogey on the 11th, a bogey on the 13th, a triple on the 16th and a bogey on the 17th.

McIlroy walked straight to his car and left the Champion Course at PGA National.

"I sincerely apologize to The Honda Classic and PGA Tour for my sudden withdrawal," McIlroy said in a statement, released by the Tour. "I have been suffering with a sore wisdom tooth, which is due to come out in the near future. It began bothering me again last night, so I relieved it with Advil. It was very painful again this morning, and I was simply unable to concentrate. It was really bothering me and had begun to affect my playing partners."

But McIlroy did not mention that when he spoke to reporters in the parking lot as he walked to his car.

"There's not really say much I can say, guys," he said. "I'm not in a good place mentally, you know?"

Asked if anything was wrong physically, McIlroy answered, "No." Asked about his swing getting stuck, he said, "Yeah, I really don't know what's going on."
"

Does anybody really like this child? He's been doing this since arrived on the scene. Win the tourney, or withdraw like a bitch. Nothing new here.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Clue » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 pm

It's funny, if there were 50 popular players we'd be criticizing 100 different things every week. All 4 number 1s were out by round 2 last week. Schwartzel and Adam Scott get booted in round 1 and nobody says a word. McIlroy just played his 4th and 4.5th competitive rounds of the year! Dude will be fine...

I believe there's something to grinding it out and always finishing, but I'm not opposed to anyone quitting ever. There's no real substantative value to finishing, however there probably is some quantifiable downside to continuing to play poorly.

I wouldn't be surprised if initially he just didn't want to make an excuse, but then after calming down didn't think it would sound that bad. I'm as big of a fan as any and I certainly don't care.
Clue
 
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby The Donator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I hope/assume you are watching Thurs/Fri coverage like me. Rory is taking on the Tiger mentality, being a bitch. There is absolutely no reason Rory (and Tiger) should have missed the cut at Abu Dhabi, then losing his first round match against his friend Shane Lowry. I almost wish i were playing fantasy golf this year to see everyone but me pick him to win. Sneds will win the cup again this year. Boom.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby grodney » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 am

The Donator wrote:He's been doing this since arrived on the scene. Win the tourney, or withdraw like a bitch. Nothing new here.


I don't know about that. He doesn't have a WD in his last 2 years, or 47 events:
http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com ... s=548.1608
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby The Donator » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:06 pm

grodney wrote:
The Donator wrote:He's been doing this since arrived on the scene. Win the tourney, or withdraw like a bitch. Nothing new here.


I don't know about that. He doesn't have a WD in his last 2 years, or 47 events:
http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com ... s=548.1608

Maybe not withdraw from the tourney due to a middle of the round "toothache", but he definately (i spelled that wrong) does tank regularly if hes not winning, just like Tiger. Again, neither should have missed the cut in Dubai, there is no such thing as rust when you are that good, playing against complete nobodys.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Clue » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 am

The Donator wrote:
grodney wrote:
The Donator wrote:He's been doing this since arrived on the scene. Win the tourney, or withdraw like a bitch. Nothing new here.


I don't know about that. He doesn't have a WD in his last 2 years, or 47 events:
http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com ... s=548.1608

Maybe not withdraw from the tourney due to a middle of the round "toothache", but he definately (i spelled that wrong) does tank regularly if hes not winning, just like Tiger. Again, neither should have missed the cut in Dubai, there is no such thing as rust when you are that good, playing against complete nobodys.

If that's the case then what happened to you at the BSD?!?

http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/39584 J/S
Clue
 
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests