League Committee

Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island and surrounding area leagues

Moderator: Sniper26

League Committee

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:28 pm

I would like start getting an idea of who would like to run leagues this year, so we can get a committee going and try to host a meeting in the next few weeks. Please reply if you would like to be on the committee or are wanting to host a league. You don't have to run a league to be on the committee.

As of right now we have:

Tuesdays: Camden
Fridays: Glow at Camden (every other week)
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby RonRazz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:46 pm

I would like to see some thing on wednesday night my only night off from school. But I can't run it because I am unsure of my summer class schedule yet. I can't think of what was on wednesdays last year, was there even anything?
RonRazz
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:38 pm
Location: Davenport, IA

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:51 pm

I would like to have the club meetings on Wednesday nights so we don't run into the attendance problems we had before.
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby Daddy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:49 pm

The meetings are on tuesday due to the fact that most people involved in the club politics have jobs and can only make it on that day.

Club meetings are a priority....one of the main reasons that the last run of the QCDGC did not work. lack of involvement. Then maximum involvement, then everyone backs out because they have there own things to do with there own agenda.

Club "officials" have to keep things selfless as much as possible.
Daddy
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: jeep

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:11 pm

but at the same time when we moved them to tuesday it was because it worked better for the winter. it can be moved back if it is beneficial to the club. Leagues are beneficial! we can figure it out.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm
Location: Quad Cities

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:43 pm

WOW imagine that, Caker trying to stir the pot once again, any publicity is good publicity right Pat?
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby Daddy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:59 am

Publicity? Move the meetings to whenever you want....Move leagues whenever you want....
Daddy
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: jeep

Postby DVS1 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Sniper26 wrote:I would like to have the club meetings on Wednesday nights so we don't run into the attendance problems we had before.

Please remember bushwacker's is starting up soon, which means Chase, MDR, Hein, and Balk will never be able to attend meetings if they're on Wednesdays.
DVS1
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Q.C., in my basement, sorting the club's plastic

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:59 pm

DVS1 wrote:
Sniper26 wrote:I would like to have the club meetings on Wednesday nights so we don't run into the attendance problems we had before.

Please remember bushwacker's is starting up soon, which means Chase, MDR, Hein, and Balk will never be able to attend meetings if they're on Wednesdays.



I wont be doing Bushwackers this year, but I think Tuesdays do work for MORE people than Paul. Attendance for the meeting is much more important than Camden League, this year is no different than last year.
( Thanks though, Dan. Good looking out, Yo. :wink: )
Last edited by Chase20460 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:06 pm

Sniper26 wrote:WOW imagine that, Caker trying to stir the pot once again, any publicity is good publicity right Pat?




Pat makes a very viable point, one that doesnt have anything to do with stirring the pot.

At this time, building a solid government for the club and the people that wish to be involved is way more important than running a league that has NOTHING to do with the club.

Personally, I feel that if your up for or am seeking a position with the club and arent concerned enough to postpone leagues, you may be overshooting your commitment level. The people that support you there should be supporting you in your quest to represent the club. At the very least, they should be well informed they are invited to attend any meeting and show support for whats being decided for their benefit.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 pm

I have always gone out and started leagues on the nights of meetings then came to the meeting if there was anything major on the docket. About 90% of the people that play in the Tuesday league don't want to have anything to do with politics and are just out to throw some discs and have a good time. I will always be at the Tuesday meeting if that is when the representative in charge of that months meeting decides to hold it and will encourage everyone else to do the same, but there is still going to be a large number of people that will not care about it and want to play leagues.
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby Daddy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:33 am

then if you are a club official out running a club league, then all non-club members should have a $1 taken from them. Like the past. I will be doing the same at the sunday league.
Daddy
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: jeep

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 am

Daddy wrote:then if you are a club official out running a club league, then all non-club members should have a $1 taken from them. Like the past. I will be doing the same at the sunday league.


I thought your league didn't have anything to do with the club, Pat. What are you taking money out for?

I don't know how money was handled in prior leagues as far as non-members were concerned, but I don't recall that being brought up recently. Maybe instead of telling people what they should do, you should discuss it with them first.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
Lou Siffer
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Davenport, IA

Postby Daddy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

Lou wrote:
Daddy wrote:then if you are a club official out running a club league, then all non-club members should have a $1 taken from them. Like the past. I will be doing the same at the sunday league.


I thought your league didn't have anything to do with the club, Pat. What are you taking money out for?

I don't know how money was handled in prior leagues as far as non-members were concerned, but I don't recall that being brought up recently. Maybe instead of telling people what they should do, you should discuss it with them first.


Do "you" want to get in a pissing match with me, Lou'siffer?

Why did you change your name on the site? Politics?

And I do believe I said "with' or 'without" the club.

I vote for disbanning the club. Better.
Daddy
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: jeep

Postby flyinplastic23 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:01 am

everyone take a deep breath. count to 10, and get in the drivers seat.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm
Location: Quad Cities

Next

Return to Quad City

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron