2013 Team Iron Lion

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

2013 Team Iron Lion

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

The Team Gear has been put on hold. Right now, we are focusing all energy and money on the Rumble.

In the 7+ years we have been in business, I feel this is the best chance we have been given to showcase the Quad City Disc Golf scene which has been so good to Us. Its not about running a big Iron Lion event, its about showing off what we have here in many forms. People will get to play our golf, check out our town and build another lasting impression of the QCs. For those of you that want the biggest events here, this is a huge step and we need your help and support. This is where my focus is, this is where our money is going ( or has gone..) and because of this, it will be another month or so until I can get to doing the Team Gear.

I understand people will be playing events soon, if not already, and I will do my best to get the gear ready asap. Most of you werent in your first season, so if your old gear isnt good enough for you to wear, dont. But if thats the case, maybe dont expect new stuff either. If you have offers from other people that you feel is a better fit for you, take advantage of them. Some people just dont seem to be working out, either because Disc Golf isnt as important or you dont feel like this is worth it to you.

I dont know of anytime my loyalty has been called into question, and I respect and appreciate the people that wear our brand and I will get you taken care of, sooner rather than later.

In other Team news...expect changes. Thanks for your patience or for your service in the past.

For some of you, remember one thing, your part of the Team for as long as you choose to be. While you may not be getting free stuff anymore, there is a reason you got what you have... and the door is always open. As always Thank You.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 pm

congrats on seven years you guys . seven more to come
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks Buddy. Much Appreciated.

Chase20460

Postby iowapat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Not a team member, but I prefer to support my local brick and mortar disc sellers

Here's to (at least) another 7 years
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby discdude08 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 pm

No worries Chase. I am right there with you.... I beleive this is a huge opportunity for the QC disc golf scene and rightfully so it should be number one. We have a prime shot at showing not only our courses and talent but also displaying what QC disc golf is all about and thats the quality of people we have here. The team will understand and support you and the shop and the local dg community. If they dont then they should reconsider their place on the team.

As far as gear goes take your time we all have team gear already and can swing it if we dont. There nothing that says we cant go out and get out own shirts made or better yet work with you and Denny to get it done at our exspense..... free gear is nice but that isnt what being on the team is all about. It a luxury that youve spoiled us with. It is greatly appreciated. Worth the wait!

If need be you can always fall back on members to get the team/teams organized for this year to take some of the stress of your plate. Dont hesitate to ask. We have your back!
Team Iron Lion 36134
discdude08

Re: 2013 Team Iron Lion

Postby allonzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 pm

I wasn't part of the team last year, but I too am willing to get gear at my own expense just to be able to support Iron Lion. I'm not looking for product support of any kind, I simply want the honor of being a part of the team.

Phil Smith - 43729
allonzy

Postby Chase20460 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Nobody buys Team gear, thats part of the team package and is about it, besides discounts. If they want something special or want more than the next person they buy it. While there are a few more extras for the top team players, everyone is basically on the same page. The top team may get an extra shirt or something, but those are 20+ sanctioned event players, with another 10 unsanctioned, playing on the highest level at some of the largest events disc golf offers. We feel they earn everything they are given.

We make 3 items that 3 players make extra money off of, but thats more of a tribute to what they have done in our gear or for our business than anything else. Believe me, I wish we were doing that for more members. Its one of the few things the store can do to help and I am happy to do it.

Since the gear is going out late there seems to be alot of interest in being on the Team this year. I tell everyone the same thing..doesnt matter who you are or what you have done, you start on the scout team. What you do with that is up to you. Scout team isnt geared out, they are usually given leftovers. Sometimes even hand me downs, as I dont like Team stuff going to anyone that isnt on the Team, period. Nowadays to get onto the scout team you need to be noticed by Jess or myself, or be recommended by an existing member. Skill level actually has less do to with it than people believe. Tournament Schedule and Integrity to the game/scene/IL are big factors.

At the same time, disc golf has been blowing up since I started the Team and not everyone can be rewarded with team spots for a season of good deeds or good play. It makes it harder to get in the loop. It also makes it harder for existing members who want to be less active. A huge percentage of the Team is not superstar golfers, they are just guys out there grinding away in our gear. I have a huge respect for that, as I am one of them, and I see even more on the course at every event. Guys trying to do it better or make it happen, wearing our stuff. Im very appreciative, and humbled.

I have something appealing for everyone soon I think, just have been busy with this month..

Chase20460

Postby Sniper26 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 pm

As one of the "old guys" that doesn't play as much anymore it really means a lot that Iron Lion still recognizes people such as myself. Thanks for everything you guys have have done for me, the sport, and so many others.
Sniper26

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply