NHL love anyone?

Sports related topics.

Postby Single L » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm kinda pissed my NHL Center Ice trial package ends today. I'd love to purchase the package, but really only flip it on in the evening after the kid goes to bed, so its not really worth the investment. Due to the lockout, the NHL should offer it free the entire season to gain what casual fans they had back. If I had it free the entire season I might be persuaded to purchase it next season.

Being that I typically watch in the later evening I'm becoming partial to the Canucks; love watching the play of the Sundin line. I used to be a big Luongo fan before his recent contract talks, its becoming annoying. I've also enjoyed watching the Sharks, they are top to bottom stacked. I know I know I sound like a bandwagon fan, but really I just like good solid hockey. I grew up a North Stars fan and followed them in Dallas until all the players I grew up with retired. I'm just an NHL fan now, I follow no participial team.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Single L wrote:I'm kinda pissed my NHL Center Ice trial package ends today. I'd love to purchase the package, but really only flip it on in the evening after the kid goes to bed, so its not really worth the investment. Due to the lockout, the NHL should offer it free the entire season to gain what casual fans they had back. If I had it free the entire season I might be persuaded to purchase it next season.

Being that I typically watch in the later evening I'm becoming partial to the Canucks; love watching the play of the Sundin line. I used to be a big Luongo fan before his recent contract talks, its becoming annoying. I've also enjoyed watching the Sharks, they are top to bottom stacked. I know I know I sound like a bandwagon fan, but really I just like good solid hockey. I grew up a North Stars fan and followed them in Dallas until all the players I grew up with retired. I'm just an NHL fan now, I follow no participial team.

Get a good anti spyware program and head on over to thefirstrow.eu Has all the sports you could possibly want, and in the day and age of the internet, there should be no "local" markets anymore. Thats my justification for using that but not torrents at least...
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:41 pm

a good popup blocker helps a ton too with firstrow
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm

edit: nevermind, the site i used to use isnt functional anymore
medicinal funk

Postby 10up » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 pm

"p2p4u (dot) net" will always link to the current incarnation of firstrow.

wiziwig (dot) tv is probably the best now though. Peruse the forums for VLC links. Those are the best. Full HD in a lot of cases.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Single L » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:59 am

All nice suggestions, but two sports that benefited the most from HD are golf and hockey. After watching both in HD I somewhat refuse to watch either in non-HD or online.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Detra319 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Single L wrote:All nice suggestions, but two sports that benefited the most from HD are golf and hockey. After watching both in HD I somewhat refuse to watch either in non-HD or online.

Then you are not looking at the right sites. Most of the time thefirstrow.eu has a HD feed. And if you are really worried about it, there are actual premium sites in Europe that have HD streaming, you just have to mask your IP, which is super super simple.

Just a suggestion.
Detra319

Postby 10up » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 pm

are you sure your sig line isn't a Rodney quote recycled by Kenton? I need verification on this.

Also, I don't watch hockey, but I'm internet tight with a few awesome streamers. Their streams are generally 720p if you have decent internet. If I ever see any hockey games starting to regularly show in HD I'll post them.

That being said; H265 Standard has been approved. I'd say in about 6 months or less an entire new generation of streaming is going to be possible. Full 1080p streams available and you won't need more than 200Kbps bandwidth. It'll be so awesome to be caught up to 2005 in this country finally!
10up

Postby Single L » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Not to sound like a internet prude or anything, but I'm not a fan of many of those shady sites and the sh!t you have to go through to watch the programming; IP masks, searching for hours for a quality stream, etc. Time is money to me and I want programming easily accessible without the catches. I'm gonna ditch the Dish and go with a ROKU soon. Then if I want the NHL or any other package I'll just pay for that channel/service during the season. I'll already be saving a ton by ditching the dish, so I'll take the paid convenience over the free headache.
Single L

Postby 10up » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm

it doesn't make you sound like an internet prude. It just makes you sound like the rest of the tired old people who will have to painstakingly be walked through every new thing by their annoyed children.

Streaming is the way of TV in the future. If any major TV event doesn't offer an internet simulcast they are considered behind the times ALREADY. Not to mention the likes of Netflix or Hulu. The future is now, and streaming is it.

I question your use of the tag "shady sites" too, and would enjoy a look at your internet history. Most of the streaming sites have a fairly legitimate (if not completely legal) business model based off of ad revenue. They actively support community growth and self-policing. They are aware a good portion of their user base is computer literate and, therefore, wouldn't support a site loading them down with Trojans or Viruses. That being said, an ad-block program is always recommended as Mike pointed out.

The bottom line is, if it's taking you "hours" to search for a quality stream you're obviously not very versed in what you're doing. Rather than figure it out and use it like people are telling you it can be used. You choose to pay money to people who are intentionally hobbling the market so they can squeeze every lil' ounce from their archaic business models.
10up

Postby 10up » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 pm

oh and as an aside, those people pushing the aforementioned archaic business models are the people who are pretty directly responsible for the NHL and the NFL lockouts. F­uck them.
10up

Postby Detra319 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 pm

10up wrote:oh and as an aside, those people pushing the aforementioned archaic business models are the people who are pretty directly responsible for the NHL and the NFL lockouts. F­uck them.

Thank you for this...and the post above it. Sounds like the conversation I have with my boss all the time when I am trying to convince him to be smart and utilize the internet. Just because you haven't heard of it or it uses alot of pop ups does not make it a shady site. Its a site. Use anti spyware. Next.
Detra319

Re: NHL love anyone?

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Sick game last night. Been a fun ride for the Hawks and game 1 set the tone for how this series is gonig to be. Hawks win it in 7. Wouldn't mind seeing Boston win either. Would be a great lift for the community. Stanley Cup is 1000 times better than the NBA.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Previous

Return to Sports