shaver

Postby Crager » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 pm

[quote="AO"]is in really rough condition. Around the baskets and some fairways are brutally muddy. Try your best to walk off the paths and on the leaves.[/quote/]

Get a hold of the parks dept. AO. They have in the past dumped wood chips off by 13's basket then we distributed.
I used to talk to Dave Smith, don't know if he has retired or not.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 pm

wood chips are easey to get, finding more than 2 people to spread them out is not...
Abe Froman

Postby Crager » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 am

Abe Froman wrote:wood chips are easey to get, finding more than 2 people to spread them out is not...

I know Adam, if the ones that play there alot would just realize how much nicer it is with chips around baskets and muddy areas there would be a little bit more ambition . Makes a huge difference at Wildcat where there is chips.
Doesn't take a whole lot , a truck, a tarp , 3-4 guys and ambition .
We had some boy scouts helping us years ago at Shaver spreading the chips. At on time hole 4 was all chips around the basket and half way down the hill. We kept dumping chips on tarps dragging them down the hill.
Crager

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:47 am

I could probably score you all the wood chips you want. However, they're in Coralville, and while I can load you up no problem, I have no truck, trailer, or unloading help to offer.
The wood chips aren't pretty little squares, they're simply from all the branches we remove from customers yards, and there's more than you would need. Ever.
Woodchips would help out Shaver plenty, and I applaud anyone willing to give something back to the sport they love, helping make a good course great.
Buzzz Killington

Postby Crager » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:I could probably score you all the wood chips you want. However, they're in Coralville, and while I can load you up no problem, I have no truck, trailer, or unloading help to offer.
The wood chips aren't pretty little squares, they're simply from all the branches we remove from customers yards, and there's more than you would need. Ever.
Woodchips would help out Shaver plenty, and I applaud anyone willing to give something back to the sport they love, helping make a good course great.

CR Parks Dept. has all the chips we want , all we have to do is ask.
Crager

Postby AO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Crager wrote:
Buzzz Killington wrote:I could probably score you all the wood chips you want. However, they're in Coralville, and while I can load you up no problem, I have no truck, trailer, or unloading help to offer.

CR Parks Dept. has all the chips we want , all we have to do is ask.

I just spoke to them. They will be dropping some off. They also said the city may be storing woodchips for the city there. Daniel didn't say exactly where though.
AO

Postby Detra319 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 pm

I bet you can guess where :P
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby AO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:27 am

Pads are completely cleared and dry, trash is emptied and today we're going to get the ice off the stairs around 130 if anyone is interested.
AO

Postby dev7557 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:06 pm

i have a ice chipper and a couple shovels were we going to meet
dev7557

Postby AO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

We are getting together at noon tomorrow to clear the tee pads for Saturday's tournament. I will get the salt but bring shovels if you can help. I have 3 shovels. Meet at the shop and thanks to anyone who can help out.
AO

Previous

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park