Manti Te'o' made up story of dead girlfriend

Sports related topics.

Postby irban » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Steve Benen@stevebenen

Karl Rove insists the Manti Te'o story may yet be real, urges Notre Dame not to make any hasty calls
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 am

i feel bad for him.

can't imagine how embarrassed he is right now. doesn't sound like it was t'eo that "made her up". she was a character created by someone in a catfish scheme (who, we are now finding out, has used the SAME GIRL on different people in the past in similar "pranks")

too bad we're focusing our energy on mocking this kid instead of tearing apart scumbag lance armstrong who bankrupted people and ruined lives on his way to protecting his career based on lies and being a huge douchebag.

i guess its a lot easier to take cheap shots at people
medicinal funk

Postby MDR_3000 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 am

medicinal funk wrote:i feel bad for him.

can't imagine how embarrassed he is right now. doesn't sound like it was t'eo that "made her up". she was a character created by someone in a catfish scheme (who, we are now finding out, has used the SAME GIRL on different people in the past in similar "pranks")

too bad we're focusing our energy on mocking this kid instead of tearing apart scumbag lance armstrong who bankrupted people and ruined lives on his way to protecting his career based on lies and being a huge douchebag.

#1 linebacker in the country and he's not trying to beat cheeks? it's his own fault.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 am

MDR_3000 wrote:

#1 linebacker in the country and he's not trying to beat cheeks? it's his own fault.
true dat
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 am

MDR_3000 wrote:

he's the kind of person who's idea of foreplay involves reading scripture with her and his parents. think tim tebow except more private. when he realized something was horribly amiss, he got scared and started lying about it (probably due to how embarrassing the whole situation is)
medicinal funk

Postby Grimm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Still dumb...I can't argue with Lance, he is a ball for lying about it. In his defense 99.9% of everyone were doping during that time. If it all came out bike racing would make MLB look simple.
It's just nobody cared.

Manti and his parents said they met her??? WTF
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Grimm wrote:Still dumb...I can't argue with Lance, he is a ball for lying about it. In his defense 99.9% of everyone were doping during that time. If it all came out bike racing would make MLB look simple.
It's just nobody cared.

it doesn't matter that everyone else was doping, lance sued people who called him a liar and ruined lives to protect his lies
medicinal funk

Postby Grimm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:05 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
Grimm wrote:Still dumb...I can't argue with Lance, he is a ball for lying about it. In his defense 99.9% of everyone were doping during that time. If it all came out bike racing would make MLB look simple.
It's just nobody cared.

it doesn't matter that everyone else was doping, lance sued people who called him a liar and ruined lives to protect his lies

Did he win against those he sued? (I don't know) Pretty sure those people earned millions while doping with him.

Now let's get back to this non-existent girlfriend. Has me cracking up still
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Cydisc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Grimm wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:
It's just nobody cared.

Did he win against those he sued? (I don't know) Pretty sure those people earned millions while doping with him.

Now let's get back to this non-existent girlfriend. Has me cracking up still

How much do you suppose a domestique earns?
Cydisc

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Grimm wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:
It's just nobody cared.

he sued his colleagues, his friends, and journalists who accused him of doping
medicinal funk

Postby 10up » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm

That should be the worst thing imo

Like... severe perjury and misuse of the court system. Screw everybody's bs civil financial cases. Those advertisers, sponsors, publishers, and whoever else got everything they paid for. Right down to the last penny in the end.

Let him keep his money and put him in jail. He isn't a bad millionaire with all the charities he's funded and started, and he's still going to hate himself.. the money might make it worse.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby medicinal funk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 pm

medicinal funk

Postby Detra319 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 pm

10up wrote:That should be the worst thing imo

Like... severe perjury and misuse of the court system. Screw everybody's bs civil financial cases. Those advertisers, sponsors, publishers, and whoever else got everything they paid for. Right down to the last penny in the end.

Let him keep his money and put him in jail. He isn't a bad millionaire with all the charities he's funded and started, and he's still going to hate himself.. the money might make it worse.

Uhm yeah he can and will be sued. Alot. And then some more after that.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby 10up » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 am

Uhm yeah I just said I don't care if he's sued, throw them out. File criminal charges. But not for doping, for perjury and misusing the court.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 am

It was my understanding that the statute of limitations ran out on his perjury charges that were filed, which is why he came clean.
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Sports