Weekend Dubs

Moderator: Cydisc

Weekend Dubs

Postby 1semenking » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am

Just so you all now, the weekend doubles will be played at stable run this sunday at noon. The entry fee is a disc of champion or better plastic. All players will receive a disc for payout.
1semenking

Postby irban » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 am

Anyone know how deep the snow is? Just want to know if I should drag my cart around, or bite the bag bullet.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby 1semenking » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:39 am

irban wrote:Anyone know how deep the snow is? Just want to know if I should drag my cart around, or bite the bag bullet.

I will give you an update tonight on the snow depth. As of now the cart should stay home but that could all change by the end of the day!!! :)
1semenking

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:44 pm

irban wrote:Anyone know how deep the snow is? Just want to know if I should drag my cart around, or bite the bag bullet.
you dont have extra set of tires nobbies or studded tires ? sssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby irban » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:45 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:

Skis are what I need really. Traction would help on my feet though. :)
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby 1semenking » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 am

irban wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:

Skis are what I need really. Traction would help on my feet though. :)

Yes it will!!! I don't think the cart will be any fun if you bring it. The course is still 95% snow covered. The problem is that the snow has been trampled from play during these last few nice days and now no fairways are smooth. Expect random direction skips and slick conditions on the fairways. If the pads weren't clean I would wear Yak Trax. If you don't mind wearing them on the concrete, then I would recommend bringing them. And if you do bring the bag, you should only need a few discs if we are playing the short course.
1semenking

Postby The Donator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 pm

95% snow covered? Any chance of a change of venue? Ewing shorts?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Beerman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 pm

The Donator wrote:95% snow covered? Any chance of a change of venue? Ewing shorts?

Andyou call yourself a bushwhacker.

Its to late for a venue change.
Beerman

Postby 1semenking » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Beerman wrote:
The Donator wrote:95% snow covered? Any chance of a change of venue? Ewing shorts?

The snow that remains is very thin and sparce in areas. Only two spots that I think can eat a disc and its hard to get there. With the cold temps, nothing will be able to dig in. You may be able to get the cart around Irban?!
1semenking

Postby irban » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 am

1semenking wrote:
Beerman wrote:

The snow that remains is very thin and sparce in areas. Only two spots that I think can eat a disc and its hard to get there. With the cold temps, nothing will be able to dig in. You may be able to get the cart around Irban?!

Yeah, usually this is the best time to play on snow. Cold enough that you don't sink in to whatever snow is left. The only thing is ice, but you have to have some challenge.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby The Donator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 am

Beerman wrote:

Yeah yeah that was pretty weak....ill still go for my 4-peat today tho lol.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Beerman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out to play today as well as the ames crew for clearing tees and a special thanks to tim for keeping us updatd on the course conditions.

I have started a thread for future weekend events as everyone is welcome to join us.

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8798
Beerman

Postby 1semenking » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Heading to weekend dubs in Newton tomorrow!!! Be nice if we could take a car full of golfers. Let me know.
1semenking

Return to Ames Club