Wildcat Bluff in DGCR top 50

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm

gflap wrote:Congrats to the Crew once again for moving up to #34 from #48 on DGCR!

We moved up thanks to some good 2012 reviews, for the most part. If you look in the DGCR thread at the tab for courses with more than 10 reviews in 2012, we were #4 :shock: A couple reviews are holding us back from being higher but, as you see stated on DGCR all the time, the reviews are only peoples opinions and everybody's got one good or bad. I think there are only a handful of people on there that are good at subjectivity, trusted reviewers with quite a few courses played under their belts. Also, there is a lot of homeboy bias which is why none of the crew decided to ever review the course.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby AO » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am

I've never really gotten into DGCreview much but decided to check it out earlier this week. Seems to have some dbags that post on it. There are definitely a lot homers and gomers that post. Probably won't go back to the site and I prefer IAdg
AO

Postby The Donator » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm

AO wrote:I've never really gotten into DGCreview much but decided to check it out earlier this week. Seems to have some dbags that post on it. There are definitely a lot homers and gomers that post. Probably won't go back to the site and I prefer IAdg

Absolutely. I try and read through threads every couple months that might seem interesting, because a lot of people i know use the site, and my i literally get dumber every time...almost kind of sad.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby AO » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Does the PDGA recognize the top 50 courses? Even though I'm not a huge fan or DGCR it's still pretty cool Wildcat is rated so high. Can't wait to make day trips to the area...one round at the cat and another at Burr Oak.
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am

I don't know of any affiliation between the two and am not sure the PDGA would recognize DGCR. I think the PDGA would want to control the review process by having PDGA "certified" reviewers only or something like that. I am not signed up or do not post on DGCR but like to check out the reviews of courses I've played and to see what kind of improvements people would like to see at Wildcat. I am interested to see what Burr Oak is all about. Let us know once you've walked the course with the owner.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Re:

Postby brox » Tue May 28, 2013 4:24 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
gflap wrote:Congrats to the Crew once again for moving up to #34 from #48 on DGCR!

We moved up thanks to some good 2012 reviews, for the most part. If you look in the DGCR thread at the tab for courses with more than 10 reviews in 2012, we were #4 :shock: A couple reviews are holding us back from being higher but, as you see stated on DGCR all the time, the reviews are only peoples opinions and everybody's got one good or bad. I think there are only a handful of people on there that are good at subjectivity, trusted reviewers with quite a few courses played under their belts. Also, there is a lot of homeboy bias which is why none of the crew decided to ever review the course.

I agree with the douche remarks it seems clicky, however on this link Ive played and reviewed 5 out of the top 10 (not in 2012), the private colorado courses are very cool and i tend to agree with the reviews but again when the requirement is 10 comments you and a couple buddies could sway it.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/topcourse ... 2_rvwd.php
brox

Re: Wildcat Bluff in DGCR top 50

Postby Grimm » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 pm

50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Previous

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff