2013 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

2013 Bushwhackers

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:22 pm

only our 14th year of league. are we established yet? anyone got any new good ideas for this year?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Discgo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:only our 14th year of league. are we established yet? anyone got any new good ideas for this year?
don't lose to Des Moines again :lol:
Discgo

Postby Grimm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:29 pm

quarter a stroke and double or nothing in the year end tourny? Unless I get married and move away before then. Or just that quarter disc I'm suprised you didn't buy.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby AO » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm in this year. Working on getting new job though so hopefully it'll work out. Duncan you in?
AO

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Grimm wrote:Or just that quarter disc I'm suprised you didn't buy

what disc? that wager sounds good, hopefully i won't squander it away this time.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I can't find it now. It was a disc with a quarter dye job.
Grimm

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Grimm wrote:I can't find it now. It was a disc with a quarter dye job.

i can replicate. give me a disc and ill make it happen. i can even change the wording on the coin text showing some bw stuff or greco vs. "the wobble" moniker or something of that nature. dye fades over time but your wobble never will....
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

AO wrote:Duncan you in?

this would be sweet, our first transfer from dsm. it'll be interesting to see his average and handicap difference

he'd also be the first to play the whackoff on a winning dsm team and the winning 2013 sutliff team
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 pm

what if we were to have an ace lottery. we'll draw a number from 1-18 and if someone aces that hole they'll get free BW dues for life, along with all the other goodies.

also, i know DSM uses handicaps from the previous 3 weeks, not a total season handicap like we do. this helps keep people honest when it's hard to change your handicap the more rounds you play.

this would encourage me to use a course handicap for each round of the tournament. i know doug, who won by the way, didn't like using our season handi's at jones when we only played there once during the season. it obviously worked out in the end?
3x state champ runner up

Postby Beerman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:
also, i know DSM uses handicaps from the previous 6 weeks, not a total season handicap like we do.
Beerman

Postby The Donator » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:56 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:i know doug, who won by the way, didn't like using our season handi's at jones when we only played there once during the season. it obviously worked out in the end?

Sounds strangely familiar...did Doug play that round though?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Nohr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Our end of the year shennagins handicap should be based off of maybe hiawathia rounds only?

I like our season long handicaps. Course handicaps would make my brain hurt.

edit: i don't think any round at jones counted towards our handicap
Nohr

Postby Grimm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Making my head spin too. Wait, that may not be the posts.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:36 am

Emails with our 2013 rules and schedules have been sent out to everyone on last years email list. Just a couple of rule tweaks were made so please read through them so at draft night we spend more time having a good time rather than explaining rules.

A couple of unwritten changes we're going to make are with our weekly ctp prizes and bag tag drawings. If you win the weekly ctp instead of getting your choice of a disc your name will be put into a drawing to be held at the end of year party. There will be five drawings with a grand prize drawing worth $100. Since not everyone was able to be present for the bag tag drawing before league we'll hand out prizes at the year end party for pre determined tag numbers that won't be made public to avoid people hoarding those numbers, kind of like Conrad and the #1 tag last year.

We have the shelter reserved already for our party so that's ready to rock!

If you're thinking you want to play bushwhacker league here are some bullet points you should know. We play for fun, the camaraderie, the love of the game, and friendly competition respectively. We pick teams by random draw in hopes it helps introduce people who otherwise might not play together. It's an 18 week schedule that requires your participation. You have a partner that relies on you to be there.

If you haven't been invited to play, we encourage subs to show up and play. For $2.00 a week we keep your score and establish a handicap for you. Showing up each week is the easiest way to get involved. We've run a successful league now for 14 years, we're not perfect; but having fun, enjoying the game, and seeing your friends is what it's all about.

Greco
Last edited by 3x state champ runner up on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
3x state champ runner up

Postby medicinal funk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:37 am

can't wait
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Next

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids