Sponsor shake ups

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Sponsor shake ups

Postby AO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Team members leaving sponsors for new ones...

Cale, Devan, McCabe, Pierce, McBeth, Willi, Wysocki, Convers, Chris Smith, and Ulibari.

Prodiscus, Legacy, Journey Post and DD
AO

Postby AO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 am

Gurthie now too

Sponsors must be offering something good. Wonder if they'll pay them yearly?? Who's back with their original sponsor in less than 3 years?
AO

Postby The Donator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 am

If they arent making 6 figures or more a year, who cares. Small time drama at its finest.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby The Donator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

And nice Chris Smith reference lol
The Donator

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 am

silly dum dums.

Most of them will be done with this joint operation after next year.

Nikko is out in his own world......
lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby Like_Water » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 am

It's not DD. And they aren't saying who until Jan 1.

Nike?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:37 am

Rumor has it, PDGA HOF member Lavone Wolfe out of Alabama is launching said disc company that is to debut January 1st.

If this rumor is true...not much of a game changer. And somewhat surprised people would jump ship from their major sponsors just like that.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby diskey river » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am

i did read that Will S was offered a sponsorship from Nike &/or New Balance .... that would b a game changer
diskey river

Postby Like_Water » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am

diskey river wrote:i did read that Will S was offered a sponsorship from Nike &/or New Balance .... that would b a game changer

And he would be the only one besides McBeth that would make sense for.

I heard a few years ago Nike looked at making discs...maybe the time is right now. It's got to be big for them to leave "fantastic" sponsors for something unproven...unless it's proven somewhere else already.
Like_Water

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 am

Whatever. New Balance. LOL.

None of this matters for disc golf. It matters for the players themselves, but thats it.

..That being said, there is no money in this game, if you can make it, go for it. Most of the people involved in this talk wont ever win a World Championship anyways, and they know it, so they better get treated like one while they still can.

If it were a major company, like Nike, it just opens the door to more outsourced manufactoring. I dont think that is much to be proud of..
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby The Donator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:54 am

Chase20460 wrote:Whatever. New Balance. LOL.

None of this matters for disc golf. It matters for the players themselves, but thats it.

..That being said, there is no money in this game, if you can make it, go for it. Most of the people involved in this talk wont ever win a World Championship anyways, and they know it, so they better get treated like one while they still can.

If it were a major company, like Nike, it just opens the door to more outsourced manufactoring. I dont think that is much to be proud of..

You just locked up the best post of 2012 right there. Still lol'ing @ New Balance...
The Donator

Postby AO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Seems like a really lame version of "The Decision"
AO

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 pm

lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby Like_Water » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure why guys want things to change. DG model is perfect as is.
Like_Water

Postby Detra319 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:10 pm

I wanna see what this explosion of disc companies has done to Innova's bottom line. Too bad they are privately held and don't release results.

Has nothing to do with this "huge" project that Nikko and Arroyo have been working on? And major players in the sport would be good, if nothing else they will clean out the bottom end of the market that is more like mystics then disc sellers. Listen to some of the more ruthless disc sellers sell a disc to a beginner and the newb walks away knowing less than when they started.

And...the fact that everyone keeps saying that pros won't make it. Uhm, I lived off 15k a year for like 3 years out of high school and they were the best 3 years of my life. If I would have been doing that same thing while travelling, it would have been even better. Easy to say someone with a house payment and a car payment and all those other fun bills thinks that its not "viable" but whatever. I don't care about Nikko's or Will's or McBeth's home life. All I care is that they show up and throw discs. Anyways, I think the perspective that this sport is not viable for pros is just plain wrong. There are not as MANY as people want, but there aren't as many people who can consistently play that kind of golf and are willing to take the effort of travelling.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Next

Return to Stuff