Information about the Iowa Tour.

Moderator: shane

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:25 pm

ssss graceland wins
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Grimm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:ssss graceland wins

Put your ???$ in. I may be playing advanced :shock: but it's the same course and I can't throw 350' so you got that going for you
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Detra319 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:then just dont play it or buy one and quit criticizing it problem solved or run your own iowa tour

And how does that help anyone? Sorry if my criticism hit a bit too close to home, sheesh.

I will go back to Clue's argument...just because I didnt make the cheeseburger doesn't mean I can't complain about how its made. You still haven't actually given a reason to play on the iowa tour, am I right?
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:12 am

there is no home for it to hit too close cause i dont care about that much just thought you were beating it up lil hard all good . got to defend my boy proflight js nothing personal my bad
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:13 am

Grimm wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:ssss graceland wins

Put your ???$ in. I may be playing advanced :shock: but it's the same course and I can't throw 350' so you got that going for you
graceland wins meaning it whooped me today .
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:52 am

Detra319 wrote:Ok says the top 2 guys on tour. Thanks for saying you got paid out, crazy. I am saying the Iowa tour has shown me 0 marketing and 0 reason to spend 20 on a tag the last 2 years. I understand there were lots of people in the tournies 2 years ago when there were fewer tournies. In the meantime, the product is the same as 2 years ago but the market has changed. What is the Iowa tour doing to keep up?
You say this like the IA tour is a business...Marketing, really? Shane goes out and gets dozens of sponsors, on his time, and offers at least one prize worth over your 20$ in every event. 0 reasons? The "top 2 guys on tour" already gave you a few reasons, you chose to not listen...If you don't want a chance to win prizes and end of year payouts, don't join.
SARG27044

Postby Like_Water » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 am

Somebody call the whaaaaaambulance. Life just isn't fair.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Detra319 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Your defense of your beloved Iowa Tour totally is encouraging other people who read this thread to join it for sure...

Obviously there are payouts. What are the payouts? How does the point system work? And by marketing I mean how the hell does it work other than I am supposed to hand money to someone and expect them to maybe hand me money back later in the year?

Btw, I don't have anything against Shane. I don't understand why I have to keep saying that I'm not attacking the person, I'm questioning a product. Sorry if I analyze and want things to be better, and I'm also not afraid to ask questions that get me yelled at...
Detra319

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

just stop u dont need answers .
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Clue » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:10 am

Perception is reality, and in this case I think the perception is justified but I also think the reality is far stronger than what is being perceived. In short, I think Shane has done a great job in getting it going but maybe hasn't done the best job of continuing to promote it. But I don't think anyone got shorted. There was really good value there. Maybe not everyone understood it, got enough out of it, or played well enough to take advantage, but I don't think anyone got mislead.

I don't know what the future is, or whether Shane is even going to keep doing it, but I would encourage any of you to come up with ideas that would help. As I've taken on more responsibility it's become a lot more clear that we're not lacking ideas, we lack on people to follow through. Anyone could step up to *promote* the Iowa Tour, it doesn't all have to fall on Shane. In fact, if someone wanted to step up and take it over it's likely that could happen.
Clue

Postby Carter45145 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 am

snelling1 wrote:First year buying a tag and prob the last wasn't even on the points list till I said something then I'm only on there for one tournament and made it to a few more than one
I think part of the problem is that there are multiple people selling tags and the person keeping points doesn't always get informed on who bought them. I don't see why it's really a problem that you had to say something.

Detra319 wrote:Obviously there are payouts. What are the payouts? How does the point system work? And by marketing I mean how the hell does it work other than I am supposed to hand money to someone and expect them to maybe hand me money back later in the year?
If you plan on playing multilpe Iowa Tour events then it's a good deal. I still haven't figured out how points work but I do know that if you play good you get a lot of points, if you get the most points you win. I got a basket and a free tag for 2013. No complaints here! :lol:
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby claring » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

Clue wrote:Perception is reality, and in this case I think the perception is justified but I also think the reality is far stronger than what is being perceived. In short, I think Claring/Shane has done a great job in getting it going but maybe hasn't done the best job of continuing to promote it. But I don't think anyone got shorted. There was really good value there. Maybe not everyone understood it, got enough out of it, or played well enough to take advantage, but I don't think anyone got mislead.

I don't know what the future is, or whether Shane is even going to keep doing it, but I would encourage any of you to come up with ideas that would help. As I've taken on more responsibility it's become a lot more clear that we're not lacking ideas, we lack on people to follow through. Anyone could step up to *promote* the Iowa Tour, it doesn't all have to fall on Shane. In fact, if someone wanted to step up and take it over it's likely that could happen.

A little birdie told me that Kurt Conrad is taking it over starting next year

I know Shane has been dealing with health issues this past year and has not put as much into it as previous years. I know there is a lot more work done behind the scenes that not very many people realize.
I would like to thank Shane for picking up where I left off a few years ago as he has done an outstanding job with it. I also would like to welcome Kurt to the reigns and hope he can continue to improve on the tour.

Not sure about the am payouts but I know the pro's got paid for top 1/3 and the ams may have been top 1/2.

On a side note due to gas prices, number of available tourneys closer to home and the economy players (or should I say "DSM players") don't travel as much as they use to.
claring

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 am

last I checked the points system was available here for those of you that can read
GDL17921

Postby Detra319 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:just stop u dont need answers .

If I stopped, you would win! :twisted:
Detra319

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 am

Here's a few bullet points on what joining the Iowa Tour gets you.
  1. CTP at every tour stop with a value of at least $30
  2. Various dg related prizes to be handed out at the last tour stop
  3. Lowest tag per available division will win 1 of the 5 prizes
  4. Something to make a casual round a little more competitive
  5. Tracking of stats for IT tournaments(I understand that this is subjective for some)

Now, the below rant could go in a different thread, but it does somewhat relate to the Iowa Tour in the fact that attendance for the IT seems be fairly low. So I am going to post it here.

I will say that I think the over abundance of tournaments has really hampered the Iowa Tour in the past. I am guessing if it is ran again next year, it will have the same issues with numbers. Now, I will say this and it is with all due respect, as I am friends with most of these guys(Not to mention they are giving of their own time and money for the sport we all love). But in my opinion the real issue is all the vendor ran tournaments. We don't need to have 14-16 tournaments in the IC/CR area. We don't need 8-10 tournaments in the QC area. I haven't seen the full tourney list for DSM yet, so I can't comment on those right now. With vendors coming out of the woodwork, are we looking at the fact that vendor ran tournaments are the culprit in the watered down competition we are seeing at local tournaments?

A few stats about old versus new. In my opinion, old was a whole lot more fun. These are straight from the pdga site.
  1. Attendance for this years DSM Open was 88 and a pro purse of $840.
  2. Attendance for the 2003 DSM Open was 205 and a pro purse of $1,875.
  3. Attendance for the 2012 Rumble was 73 and a purse of $1,525.
  4. Attendance for the 2006 Rumble was 120 and a purse of $3,680.
  5. Attendance for the 2012Graceland Open was 79 and a purse of $1,370.
  6. Attendance for the 2004 Graceland Open was 109 and a purse of $1,704.
  7. In 2003, we had 16 sanctioned tournaments total in the state of Iowa. In 2012 we had 39.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tour