Putting Practice

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 am

medicinal funk wrote:*does stylin' and profilin' strut while walking to basket to retrieve made putt*
I remember my first 20ft bogey save...
SARG27044

Postby Grimm » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:32 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:*does stylin' and profilin' strut while walking to basket to retrieve made putt*
I remember my first 20ft bogey save...

I haven't had one of those.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby RelentlessLefty » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm

If I am allowed to get this thread back on track.....
I have been practicing putting more and more. My putting has always been more towards the below average to poor IMO. I push putt and i only straddle putt only when necessary and practice both. I read somewhere that nikko try's to have the same approach every time he putts. So i have been working on this in my practice. The question i have is(for the putting "masters" is) when putting what do you walk through in your head.
so far this is what i am thinking every time i step up to putt, what am i missing what do i need to cut out?
#1 step up to the putt, look at surroundings, wind
#2 visualize how i want the disc to travel out of my hand
#3 make sure the nose is up on my disc(i struggle with this more than i should)
#4 focus on a link
#5 follow through

also other than put/pig and the other ace/birdie/par/bogey game, what other games do you play to work on with putting. Right now I go out mark 15' and 20' putt 50 to 100 times, record and look at my average.

Thanks, i respect any and all opinions and look forward to any response.
RelentlessLefty

Postby JBOCK » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 pm

RelentlessLefty wrote:
also other than put/pig and the other ace/birdie/par/bogey game, what other games do you play to work on with putting. Right now I go out mark 15' and 20' putt 50 to 100 times, record and look at my average.

Thanks, i respect any and all opinions and look forward to any response.

On my iPhone I got an app called Driven 1025 and its a putting based game of 36 putts ranging from 15-35ft. It has pretty easy rules and a score card that will keep stats and avgs.

http://www.discgolfbasketstore.com/content/1025.pdf

Here's a link to the printable version if you don't have a smart phone. Check it out.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby RelentlessLefty » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks, I will be attempting this today!
RelentlessLefty

Postby RelentlessLefty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Played with the 1025 app you posted about, I showed it to another player in the area. I really enjoy this app currently thanks for sharing.
RelentlessLefty

Postby JBOCK » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 pm

RelentlessLefty wrote:Played with the 1025 app you posted about, I showed it to another player in the area. I really enjoy this app currently thanks for sharing.
always willing to help a fellow lefty 8)
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Previous

Return to Putting Technique