Camden League 1:00/$5.00-Random Draw

Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island and surrounding area leagues

Moderator: Sniper26

Camden League 1:00/$5.00-Random Draw

Postby Daddy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:02 pm

I will run this league from now on.

Sunday, 1:00pm, $5.00, random draw doubles...

$1.00 ctp

$1.00 ace fund

$3.00 payout

More later......Caker.
Daddy

Postby Daddy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:07 pm

I will be out at Camden park early on this sunday(11:00)...

There is a serios problem on hole #6, it is swamped out. I think that if we get a few (10) guys with large spoons, we could get a trench dug that will flow into the creek between #6 and #7.....

Please let me know if you can show up....
Daddy

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Instead of an ace fund, I read some places do a birdie fund.

YOu select 6 holes at random, if they are all birdied by one team the team takes the pot..if not, it rolls over to the next week.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Daddy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:44 pm

That is a possibility, it sounds good. Lets get some feed back.
Daddy

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks for joining the league board
Sniper26

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:14 pm

caker- I am not trying to piss you off, but isnt the whole idea of the league committee to decide as a group when leagues will take place? Just saying "0I will run a sunday leauge" sorta defeats that purpose?

if not then just ignore me
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Orange Guy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:28 am

Daddy wrote:There is a serios problem on hole #6, it is swamped out. I think that if we get a few (10) guys with large spoons, we could get a trench dug that will flow into the creek between #6 and #7.....

I agree, a trench from between 15/16 to the creek would take care of that problem, but should we ask before we start digging? Ideally, a little rock-lined trench would standup over time and keep the fairway dry.

As it is now, it's clogging the course with divas who don't want to get their panties muddy.

If the city's cool with us digging, I'll be out there with a shovel.
Orange Guy

Postby Daddy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:07 am

flyinplastic23 wrote:caker- I am not trying to piss you off, but isnt the whole idea of the league committee to decide as a group when leagues will take place? Just saying "0I will run a sunday leauge" sorta defeats that purpose?

if not then just ignore me

I see how it is already getting change without the vote of the people so...
I am doing this with or without the clubs support. This is the one league that people from out of town can count on being playered on this day at this time....this is a league that has been here longer than you have wanted to play disc golf. If there is a problem, then we can take it up at the meeting tonite.....I have some gasoline I am going to throw on the fire anyway.

For all of you fence stratteling mo-fo's out there....pick a side soon, or go start your own club, cause poo is getting slung this eve.
Daddy

Postby Daddy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:14 am

rogue pilot wrote:
Daddy wrote:There is a serios problem on hole #6, it is swamped out. I think that if we get a few (10) guys with large spoons, we could get a trench dug that will flow into the creek between #6 and #7.....

I agree, a trench from between 15/16 to the creek would take care of that problem, but should we ask before we start digging? Ideally, a little rock-lined trench would standup over time and keep the fairway dry.

As it is now, it's clogging the course with divas who don't want to get their panties muddy.

If the city's cool with us digging, I'll be out there with a shovel.

well, I don't have a clue what the city thinks...but they caused the mess. It will not be fixed anytime soon....The trench will need to be dugg starting at the creek between 6/7 and finishing at the creek between14/15....this is just a temporary fix until the city does a better job....

this trench will be very small. just enough to get the water out of the fairway to help it dry up. If something is not done soon the erossion problem is going to get way worse!!!!

thr creek between 6/7 could use alittle help as well to get the stagnent water moving.

If you would like to help out, come on out to Camden at 11:00 sunday(all of you in town that is)
Daddy

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:19 am

Daddy wrote: If there is a problem, then we can take it up at the meeting tonite

There is NO meeting tonight. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday the 17th. At which time we will be voting on the 6 Ward Representative positions and the Chairperson.

Pat (or anyone, for that matter), please don't dig in the park without talking to someone from the city first.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:19 am

This is about as gay as it gets. If the club or "league committee" is going to have to approve every "league" then call it a $5 random dubs mini. Problem solved. I'm not talking to anyone specifically, but don't be jumping Pat's case because he and some others want to play on Sunday for $5. The committees should be about organizing set dates, running fun leagues, not about policing others that want to have minis not set on the club set days. Geez, give somebody some power and all of a sudden they can tell you when you can and when you can't play for $5. Priorities, peeps, priorities.....
GDL17921

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:40 am

i am not jumping cakers case, but shouldnt we give the new committee a chance to discuss this before people just start leagues. I dont think the committee has even met yet?!

from what I understood the point of the committee was not to police but instead try to make the leagues in our area complimentary to one another. Will 2 leagues at milan get the attendence that only one would get? Also from what i remember of some of the arguments, is that there were too many leagues... and none of them got outstanding attendance(outside of Milan on tuesdays) So i thought the committee was going to try to solve some of these concerns.

I am not saying anyone is right or wrong, just trying to encourage people to work together! Thats the whole point of the club since late august. I dont want to see all of that effort wasted, by people wanting to throw "gasoline on the fire"

jeez jay!

flyinplastic23

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:51 am

If Pat wants to have a $5 mini on Sundays, it's none of your or the club's business, unless you want to play. That's how I feel about it, nothing will change that. It's retarded that he can't post something like that on here without you getting on here to tell him that the "league committee" blah blah blah. This ain't some city gov't you're running here. You guys should be facilitating CLUB BUSINESS, not complicating a $5 cash game on Sundays. Look at the big picture.
GDL17921

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:56 am

youre right. i dont give a crap. and I dont have any power.. I have my own opinions too, just like everyone else.

nothing i say is law, its just my opinion.

flyinplastic23

Postby Daddy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:40 pm

I stated this earlier... The sunday league was here before any of us were playing the sport. If any of the old timers or out of towners come to town to play our courses, this is the day we have been publicizing for ### years. The league date was changed without any sort of talk or discussion.

I want it to continue without an "outside club" running it.
Daddy

Next

Return to Quad City