smithville lake

Des Moines area leagues

Moderator: Single L

Postby Like_Water » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 am

I've never met a disc golf course I didn't like.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby JBOCK » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 am

Like_Water wrote:I've never met a disc golf course I didn't like.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Smithville

Postby DLCdisc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am

Like_Water wrote:I've never met a disc golf course I didn't like.

I agree. Only have played one course ever that I didn't care for. I haven't gotten through all three courses down there, but I didn't dislike either of the two that I saw.

The white basket course could see getting boring. The blue basket course I thought was pretty good. I didn't get to play the gold basket course. My only complaint at the time was signage (tee signs and navigation). I am glad to hear tat they have named the courses and I am sure it has improved over the raw course that I saw.

This is fifteen minutes down the road from my in-laws house. The choice between going and playing a course that maybe isn't the best and sitting on the couch watching hours of Ice Road Truckers or something like that with my father-in-law.......HMMMM Smithville here I come.
DLCdisc

Postby JBOCK » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Played the gold (woodhenge) and white(?) courses today... Grandview-ish with water on 3-5 holes per course...Wish I had time (and lower back) to play the blue.. Its a fun complex and would definitely be more challenging in the summer. Ive played a good portion of the KC area courses and would only put Rosedale and Waterworks ahead of this place. Grab the fishing polls, boat and some buddies for a good camping trip not too far away this summer...and call me 8)
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Previous

Return to Des Moines