New Disc Golf Bag

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Postby AO » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 am

Having a nice bag is important but if I have the choice I'm going with a cart every time. Course pending obviously. Although I've found that they are pretty versatile as well. I've been pulling my rigged one for most of the 2nd half of the season but I'm buying the GGGT cart tomorrow and looking to make a few changes to it.
AO

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 am

If you want a backpack bag, just go to cabelas. Total cost for mine was $60(Including pvc internal frame). And it works for fishing too.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby jnecessary » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:17 pm

AO wrote:Having a nice bag is important but if I have the choice I'm going with a cart every time. Course pending obviously. Although I've found that they are pretty versatile as well. I've been pulling my rigged one for most of the 2nd half of the season but I'm buying the GGGT cart tomorrow and looking to make a few changes to it.

This actually. I would trade my grip for a GGGT cart and look for a cheaper bag to strap to it in a heartbeat if anyone is interested :)
jnecessary

Postby AO » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 pm

jnecessary wrote:
AO wrote:Having a nice bag is important but if I have the choice I'm going with a cart every time. Course pending obviously. Although I've found that they are pretty versatile as well. I've been pulling my rigged one for most of the 2nd half of the season but I'm buying the GGGT cart tomorrow and looking to make a few changes to it.

This actually. I would trade my grip for a GGGT cart and look for a cheaper bag to strap to it in a heartbeat if anyone is interested :)

The lame part....Grip bag costs the same. GGGT seems like the smarter buy.
AO

Postby brox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Single L wrote:
brox wrote:I did a whole lot of research on this and i have to say the best bag for your buck is the prodiscus. I am ordering one here in the next week. I highly recommend checking them out. Facebook from Finland.

I don't know how the one of the most expensive bag on the market ($250) is considered the best bang for your buck, but OK. My big problem with the backpack style bags, among other things, is the price. Unless you’re going with the Gateway Ozark bag (their large backpack) at $140 you’re going to pay $200 and above for either the Simian, Grip, Revo Dual Pack, Mystery Ranch or the ProDiscus.

One can get a comparable standard style bag with quad shocks from $130 to $165. Even the second largest bag on the market, the VooDoo Zulu (behind the Mystery Ranch bag) comes in under $200 (including quad shocks). I just can't justify that price for a bag I don't see much added benefit from other than where it rides. If you really find the rideability, and in turn sweating your back off worth, the extra cheddar then so be it. It’s not for me.

My opinion is the same as the mattress reply. If used for multiple times a week for a couple years that's low cost investment. I also tend to ride a bicycle everywhere therefore the backpack design and functionality works a lot better for me. So go ahead and spend $135 for a bag that will work for a year or two. My last one traveled the united states and something i get that much use out of I am glad to invest more.
brox

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:00 am

Prodiscus is knock off Grip bag. Enjoy.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby AO » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Greco showed me this and I thought it was a great idea so I just ordered it for my GGGT cart. Cheap($27 with ship) and having an umbrella over my head without holding it will be nice. It's universal as well and can adjust to different size handles for whatever umbrella.

http://www.golfdiscount.com/bagboy-umbr ... &mr:match=
AO

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 pm

I think Santa may bring me a cart though, right Jessica?

Chase20460

Postby tufluk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:27 pm

If you get a cart now, what will you do when you get old? A chauffeur? Lobby the PDGA to allow atlatls? :lol:

I know, this from the guy who loves golf carts.
tufluk

Postby brox » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Prodiscus is knock off Grip bag. Enjoy.

Which makes a great bag. Considering grip and pro are right around the same price. Talking to owner Kaj, and seeing pictures, it seems they are made a little better. Not to mention the color choices that grip doesnt currently offer.

So, same bag, same price, different color options? I choose Pro, then.

Also in regards to quad-shock/china pos bag for $150 or backpack from grip/pro for $200? If I am worried about $50 over a 3-5 year investment, I am already f.uc.ked.
brox

Postby really » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:If you want a backpack bag, just go to cabelas. Total cost for mine was $60(Including pvc internal frame). And it works for fishing too.

best disc bag ever
DGA
really

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I heard different about the construction of thier product. I wish you the best with it.

I will say this..if it is an any way conected to the people that make Lat 64 bags, it is probably made better than I was told. Those are very solid.

Chase20460

Postby Like_Water » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 am

I made a cart once, but found it tedious and a bit cumbersome to assemble and disassemble everytime I play a round. It’s much easier grabbing the bag from the trunk and going to hole 1.

I have 3 disc golf bags. Gateway backpack, Revo Backpack, and GRIP.

All of them have held up with the Gateway being the oldest. I don't think disc golf bags are going to wear out. That's not an issue IMO.

Functionality is what I look for. This is also a big reason for the backpack style, it just fits better. I'm very pleased with the GRIP bag and it is superior to the other two in regards to functionality. I would have a hard time paying $200 for a bag when my other two aren't worn out, luckily I became a product tester earlier this season. :)

The side pockets, which at first glance seem to be an after thought, really are designed well for storing a rolled up jacket or fleece. The drink holders are tapered, again doesn’t seem like much but after fighting to fit a big nalgene in a Carolina bag you’ll notice how much easier it is getting your drink put away. Zippers are solid, plenty of storage, and the Rain fly has come in very handy this year. Hands down the best bag I’ve ever used.

I have no vested interest in selling you a bag, unlike an owner of a company in another country. If I had to choose the original GRIP or a similar model, I’m picking the original that’s from a Merican’ company. :)
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 am

Like_Water wrote: Merican’ :)

Albert said to tell you that looks too much like Mexican :lol:
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Like_Water wrote: Merican’ :)

Albert said to tell you that looks too much like Mexican :lol:
Tell him the Alamo is still ours
SARG27044