New Disc Golf Bag

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am

anybody seen these yet? Just saw one the other day, they look pretty solid for the price.
GDL17921

Postby Discgo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 am

talk to Trammel, he has one.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 am

GDL17921 wrote:anybody seen these yet? Just saw one the other day, they look pretty solid for the price.

THANKS STEVE! :roll:
GDL17921

Postby irban » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 am

I've said this before. Put some wheels on that thing and you're really talkin'.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby jnecessary » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 pm

The Peddler is pretty cool also, cheap enough I might take a shot on that for riding to the course in a bit more comfort.
jnecessary

Postby iowapat » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 pm

jnecessary wrote:The Peddler is pretty cool also, cheap enough I might take a shot on that for riding to the course in a bit more comfort.

Is the Grip not comfortable enough? Thinking about switching from my Karma to one...helps with the "old man back"
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

The only thing I can see about the Grip bag is its inability to stand up on its own on anything but level ground. Otherwise I really like that Grip bag too.
GDL17921

Postby brox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm

I did a whole lot of research on this and i have to say the best bag for your buck is the prodiscus. I am ordering one here in the next week. I highly recommend checking them out. Facebook from Finland.
brox

Postby jnecessary » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:26 am

iowapat wrote:
jnecessary wrote:The Peddler is pretty cool also, cheap enough I might take a shot on that for riding to the course in a bit more comfort.

Is the Grip not comfortable enough? Thinking about switching from my Karma to one...helps with the "old man back"

The Grip is an awesome bag. Only complaint for riding is I am too dumb to take half my crap out of it to make it comfortable on a bike so I end up riding with however much it weights fully loaded. Only complaints about the bag in general are a slight lack of storage space for a jacket (though if you have a pack-able enough layer it will fit) and that it does tip a bit on uneven ground. With that said, mine rarely falls over because you get a nack for which way to orient it on uneven surfaces and even when it tips, things don't spill out due to the way it is constructed.

I liked the idea of the Peddler because I can't take so much crap with me.
jnecessary

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

brox wrote:I did a whole lot of research on this and i have to say the best bag for your buck is the prodiscus. I am ordering one here in the next week. I highly recommend checking them out. Facebook from Finland.

I don't know how the one of the most expensive bag on the market ($250) is considered the best bang for your buck, but OK. My big problem with the backpack style bags, among other things, is the price. Unless you’re going with the Gateway Ozark bag (their large backpack) at $140 you’re going to pay $200 and above for either the Simian, Grip, Revo Dual Pack, Mystery Ranch or the ProDiscus.

One can get a comparable standard style bag with quad shocks from $130 to $165. Even the second largest bag on the market, the VooDoo Zulu (behind the Mystery Ranch bag) comes in under $200 (including quad shocks). I just can't justify that price for a bag I don't see much added benefit from other than where it rides. If you really find the rideability, and in turn sweating your back off worth, the extra cheddar then so be it. It’s not for me.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 am

Spent more on my DG bag than my Golf bag.... :?
SARG27044

Postby Potter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am

Single L wrote:
brox wrote:I did a whole lot of research on this and i have to say the best bag for your buck is the prodiscus. I am ordering one here in the next week. I highly recommend checking them out. Facebook from Finland.

I don't know how the one of the most expensive bag on the market ($250) is considered the best bang for your buck, but OK. My big problem with the backpack style bags, among other things, is the price. Unless you’re going with the Gateway Ozark bag (their large backpack) at $140 you’re going to pay $200 and above for either the Simian, Grip, Revo Dual Pack, Mystery Ranch or the ProDiscus.

One can get a comparable standard style bag with quad shocks from $130 to $165. Even the second largest bag on the market, the VooDoo Zulu (behind the Mystery Ranch bag) comes in under $200 (including quad shocks). I just can't justify that price for a bag I don't see much added benefit from other than where it rides. If you really find the rideability, and in turn sweating your back off worth, the extra cheddar then so be it. It’s not for me.

I got a Revo Dual pack off of DGCR this year for $120 and am loving it. My other bag w/quadshocks was killing my back and the backpack style bag really helps distribute the weight on your entire back. No more pain for this guy. The bonus is it holds anything you could ever want depending on how you set it up. If you just hold your discs in the bottom compartment you have the entire top compartment for a jacket, towels, BEER :D I usually have it stocked up with discs however bc i always carry too dang many. The side pouches are huge as well, which is where i store my drinks, towels, seeds etc. Every DGer is different though, and that's why there are such a variety of bags out there.
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 am

After using a backpack bag, I will never go back to one that uses quad shocks. I can put twice as much in em, and it feels like it weighs less. I view a DG bag kind of like a bed. You spend so much time doing it that you should invest in a nice, comfortable one.
SARG27044

Postby Grimm » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 am

SARG27044 wrote:I view a DG bag kind of like a bed. You spend so much time doing it that you should invest in a nice, comfortable one.

That's why I have mutliple beds spread throughout CR and IC.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 am

SARG27044 wrote:I view a DG bag kind of like a bed. You spend so much time doing it that you should invest in a nice, comfortable one.

Well that explains it. As little as I use my DG bag its investment value would rank alongside an air mattress or a cot.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to The Rest