Wow, very impressive course, great job

Wow, very impressive course, great job

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 pm

I finally got a chance to play this course this past weekend. Very impressive, tough yet fair, they didn't try and create difficulty with stupid greens or nonexistent fairways like I have seen done way to many times. There seems to be a reasonable line on every hole with some nice variety of shots, lengths , and elevation. I loved the paver Tee pads, they seem to offer a nice stable and grippy pad. The course was super clean, especially after playing legion the night before which is an absolute dump.

Outstanding job by the Bluff Crew on this course, the amount of work to install and maintain this course must be huge, and anyone in the area who hasn't played it yet is really missing out.

Also the camping area is cheap and nice, can't wait to camp and play there again in the future.

Great job by all involved.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
User avatar
Bradbalk
Site Admin
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:45 pm
Location: Clinton, IA

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the course - The WBCrew
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
User avatar
Budhyzer 17696
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 am
Location: Wildcat Bluff (When not in CR)

Postby alcstradamus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am

I agree with Brad, extremely tough yet perfectly fair. The only hole I thought was too flukey was #18. I thought another row of trees needed cut down, however this would probably end up making the hole a bit too generic to be worthy as a finisher for a championship level course so I understand why it is the way it is.

I thought 17 was the gem of the course, even better than 8. Possibly the best hole I have played to date, it is going to be a sad day in the disc golf world if that fallen tree across the fairway ever tumbles all the way to the ground.

I actually liked the short tee on 8 better than the long tee, and not just because I suck.

Can't wait to play it again when I am more mentally prepared. Made too many poor choices trying to be a hero. Next time I will stick to mid-ranges off the tee more often.
alcstradamus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Davenport

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 am

alcstradamus wrote:I thought 17 was the gem of the course, even better than 8. Possibly the best hole I have played to date, it is going to be a sad day in the disc golf world if that fallen tree across the fairway ever tumbles all the way to the ground.


And some people wanted it cut down right away. I'm glad I left it. Thanks for the great comments!
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:
alcstradamus wrote:I thought 17 was the gem of the course, even better than 8. Possibly the best hole I have played to date, it is going to be a sad day in the disc golf world if that fallen tree across the fairway ever tumbles all the way to the ground.


And some people wanted it cut down right away. I'm glad I left it.

Some people still do.....cough....Doug :P
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
User avatar
Budhyzer 17696
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 am
Location: Wildcat Bluff (When not in CR)

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:
alcstradamus wrote:I thought 17 was the gem of the course, even better than 8. Possibly the best hole I have played to date, it is going to be a sad day in the disc golf world if that fallen tree across the fairway ever tumbles all the way to the ground.


And some people wanted it cut down right away. I'm glad I left it.

Some people still do.....cough....Doug :P


cough....Jay :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby IHearChains » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:
alcstradamus wrote:I thought 17 was the gem of the course, even better than 8. Possibly the best hole I have played to date, it is going to be a sad day in the disc golf world if that fallen tree across the fairway ever tumbles all the way to the ground.


And some people wanted it cut down right away. I'm glad I left it. Thanks for the great comments!


If I had a vote, it would be to keep it. See you guys at the tourney! Cheers!
IHearChains
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Iowa City

Postby peyton » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 am

It doesn't bother me, it's the people that steal my disc after it turns the corner. Steve, if your going to be at the course Saturday could you bring those discs. I will stop by after I get done hunting and pay you for them and the tournament. Thanks
peyton
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:20 am

Postby alcstradamus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Kind of surprises me that there is even debate about the tree. I thought it was brilliant.

Do some people think it is flukey? Seems to me like it is quite fair. Plenty of room for a low laser or a high anny. And it is visually stunning. Seemed to be the most memorable feature of the entire course.
alcstradamus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:27 pm
Location: Davenport

Postby Nohr » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm

alcstradamus wrote:Kind of surprises me that there is even debate about the tree. I thought it was brilliant.

Do some people think it is flukey? Seems to me like it is quite fair. Plenty of room for a low laser or a high anny. And it is visually stunning. Seemed to be the most memorable feature of the entire course.


That tree was an unitended course change after a storm came through. I prefer the hole without that tree there but to each their own. It was/always will be a good hole.
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby strokersix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 pm

I think there should be a small bulls-eye attached to the tree.
strokersix
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:58 am
Location: Rock Island


Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests