Cedar Rapids Monday Night Temp Course League

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Cedar Rapids Monday Night Temp Course League

Postby Detra319 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:36 pm

We're going to put together a 4 week monday night league playing a temp course at some of the lesser used parks in Cedar Rapids.

First week we are going to be at Shawnee Park.
Signup 5-530, tee off quickly after that. 100% payout. Probably going to be 9 holes with 2 tee pads to make it 18, might be 6 with 3 teepads for each. We are still debating the fine details, but you get the gist of it.

We will post a little more as we go, hope to see you monday night!
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Haha didnt post entry. $5 gets you in. $1 of that goes to ace fund which will be paid out every week with a throw off if no one hits it during the round.
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Ok so I learned a few things this sunday that are making me change my mind. I apologize for any scheduling issues that I have created as I did not realize that Fritzys skill shot challenge is Monday night this week.

So I am going to start this next monday instead. We are still going to be at Shawnee park, signup from 5-530 and teeoff asap after that.

Format is singles, we are planning on having 6 baskets with 3 teepads for 3 rounds of 6 to make 18.
I would not mind getting some firm committments on some more solid baskets for us if we have to. We have 6, but none are really the super solid nice ones. Mostly single chainers and skillshots. So if you happen to want to confirm that I can borrow your basket(s), PM me and we will figure this out.

This is going to be a pretty low key event. I want people to please remember that we are doing this in parks where it would be cool to potentially have a permanent course, so make sure to be respectful and smart. There is the potential for outside interference (aka popos) since we dont technically have permission and who knows what neighbors might do. So on that note, lets try to pick up all of our trash and present a good image to the public. This should be tons of fun, I just wanted to try something that no one else has really done since I started playing leagues.

Hopefully see you at the YMCA tomorrow night and then Shawnee park the next week!

PS for directions to Shawnee: [url]http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=shawnee+park+cedar+rapids+ia&fb=1&gl=us&hq=shawnee+park+cedar+rapids+ia&hnear=shawnee+park+cedar+rapids+ia&cid=0,0,8335992352310026185&sa=X&ei=9JFWUPjZCuPVyQGUkYDgDQ&ved=0CGkQ_BIwAw
[/url]

from hwy 30: Take edgewood rd exit and follow north (right) to F ave nw and go east (right).

From the interstate: Take 1st st exit, and either go right and then immediately take a u turn on 1st. Follow the road left after the U turn, this will turn into F ave. Follow all the way to 19th st nw and go north (right).

If southbound on I380, just take the first street exit and go straight forever until you hit 19th st nw, and go north (right).

Go north up the hill to the park on the right at the top.
Detra319

Postby Conrad 37988 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 pm

I have class on Monday. Otherwise I'd be there with a basket or two.

Hope it works out for you Adam.
Conrad 37988

Postby Detra319 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:59 pm

A group of us went out there today with some baskets and set the course up for ourselves to throw some. There are going to be some funnnn shots out there for sure. Lots of crazy elevation and a good mix of shots to play with. Looks like it will work better to use 9 baskets instead of 6 so we are going to use that plan instead.

This should be fun guys, hopefully other people are as stoked to do this as I am :P
Detra319

Postby brox » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 pm

This might be worth going to sleep earlier, I might be groggy but Ill be up enough to putting the stomping on.
brox

Postby Detra319 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Still would not mind some extra baskets if anyone has any. We are going with a skillshot and a couple single chainers atm, so more baskets would not hurt at all.
Detra319

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Now that class is over you can use my portable DGA basket? Let me know and I'll bring it to dubs on Sunday.
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Postby Detra319 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:40 pm

ANTI-ANTI wrote:Now that class is over you can use my portable DGA basket? Let me know and I'll bring it to dubs on Sunday.

That would be sweet Fritz, thanks man. I will be there on sunday so just bring it with ya.
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night! Got 4 baskets today at sunday dubs so we are rdi to rock!
Detra319

Postby Twan E Z » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 pm

This is coming from someone who pretty much has hated disc golf for the past couple months and didn't hit a single putt tonight.

Tonight was the most fun I've had disc golfing in a long time.

Thanks for doing this.
Twan E Z

Postby Detra319 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Twan E Z wrote:This is coming from someone who pretty much has hated disc golf for the past couple months and didn't hit a single putt tonight.

Tonight was the most fun I've had disc golfing in a long time.

Thanks for doing this.

Thanks Moody, I really appreciate it. Thanks to the 9 other peeps who showed up with me to throw what I thought was a pretty fun course. We had good response from the locals, and I saw alot of smiles on peoples' faces. This was my first shot at designing a course, so I hope I didn't let anyone down.

We had a local approach us on hole 8 and tell us that he thought we should put a permanent course in here all the time, the park would be perfect. Thats good stuff to hear for sure! Another guy met us on hole 11 and wanted to know when they put a course in :twisted: :twisted:

Saw some sick shots :shock: , saw some crappy spitouts :evil: Hopefully we can have more of the same next week. I dunno if we will have daylight to do 4 weeks of this, so we might try a Sat/Sun morning if we run out.
Scores went like this:

KVN - 44
Dank - 45
Mumma/Spang - 47
Farnsworth - 50
Adam K - 51
Moody - 52
Dan L - 54
Aaron - 56
Andy - 62

Thanks again to everyone who came out. Next week we will be at Ellis Park. Havent decided where we will start, but somewhere up in the hilly part of the park. Thanks a ton to Aaron and Muuma and Andy for helping me set everything up, and thanks for the second group for carrying in the last 4 baskets for me! See you next week, this one will be BA trust me.
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks for the fun this week guys, that course was interesting. Sorry that the party of peeps threw everything off and the flow wasnt as good as last week.

I didnt get the second scorecard so I dont know all the scores, but I know it went

KVN/Moody -47
Dan Kern - 48
Spang/Drew - 49
Adam K - 50
Andy D - 55
Mumma - 56
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 am

Sorry for no updates on this...my son had to go to Florida for treatment and I chose to go along with him. I potentially wont be back for 6 weeks if eeverything keeps going how it is, so unfortunately we are done with this.

I will definitely be doing one more week of this sometime when I get back, but on either a sunday or saturday morning. I definitely plan to revive this next year earlier so we can play with some daylight. I know I had tons of fun even with all the effort of setting up the course and scouting it out, and from the reactions of the people I played with they also definitely enjoyed it, so thats a recipe for v2!

Thanks again to all the peeps who came out, see you in a month or so! Keep missing those aces at shaver :P
Detra319

Postby robizm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 pm

hope your lil guy does well
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Next

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids