14th Annual Capital City Challenge 10/6/2012

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

14th Annual Capital City Challenge 10/6/2012

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:20 pm

Springfield, Illinois Longest running disc golf event. This will be a PDGA sanctioned C Tier event for Pros and a B Tier event for AMS.

Pre Registration deadline Sept 28th (this will guarantee a Paragon sweatshirt for players pack) – anyone signing up after this date will get a $10 credit towards merchandise.

Open - $70
Advanced - $55
Intermediate - $45
Recreation and Novice - $35
$10 discount if you are a PDGA member – ace fund and 50/50 fund is $5

We will be playing the South and North courses at Lincoln Park.

Day of Registration will have added $5 fee.

Check in 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Players meeting 9:30

Tee off 10 A.M.

Lunch break for 1 Hour after last card comes in.

We will have a CTP hole set up Thanks to DGA before the first round and during Lunch. All proceeds to this will go to Mini o'beirne Crisis Nursery. $5 for 5 throws. Throw as many times as you want. The catch is you will be throwing one of DGA's Discs the Undertow. The winner will win the Mach Light Basket. Other CTP's will be available on the course.

More information at http://paragondiscgolf.com/?page_id=32 – you can pre-register at this link as well

If you are interested in sponsorship for the tournament please email paragondiscgolf@gmail.com

Payout for AMS will be in Ledgestone Bucks with merchandise for sale from Plastic Addicts.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Like_Water » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 pm

$70 c-tier? Holy smokes!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Maybe if you won more you wouldnt have to worry about the money, Zing.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 am

It's $60, he's taking the PDGA's advice by listing it $10 higher for non-members, and then listing the $10 "discount" for members below.

Funny how he follows those guidelines, but then ignores the Tour Standards document where it says "TD's are strongly urged not to exceed the values listed in the tables". (It's $50 for C-tiers) - maybe he figured nobody would notice.
GDL17921

Postby jnecessary » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 am

Any good reason why this Ledgestone guy gets some flack for every single thing he posts on here?

He took the PDGA advice on one topic, didn't on another. It is a suggestion, or an urging, not a rule.

This happens so often with his posts that I actually click on them just to see who bitches about his tournaments first on here. Dunno who he is, never played one of his tournaments but just thought I'd point out what seems so obvious.
jnecessary

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 am

jnecessary wrote:Any good reason why this Ledgestone guy gets some flack for every single thing he posts on here?

He took the PDGA advice on one topic, didn't on another. It is a suggestion, or an urging, not a rule.

This happens so often with his posts that I actually click on them just to see who bitches about his tournaments first on here. Dunno who he is, never played one of his tournaments but just thought I'd point out what seems so obvious.
\

$70 for a ctier seems a little outrageous. But, as usual, Im wrong. It's a $60 c tier.
Like_Water

Postby Detra319 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 am

jnecessary wrote:Any good reason why this Ledgestone guy gets some flack for every single thing he posts on here?

LIS = Dana?
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 am

Like_Water wrote:

\

$70 for a ctier seems a little outrageous. But, as usual, Im wrong. It's a $60 c tier.

nope - it's an amateur named Nate Heinhold
GDL17921

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 am

Actually, I am just posting the tournament for Miles Parkhill, who runs Paragon Disc Golf. Its his tournament and he asked me to post it on the local forums. I was just copying and pasting the information.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Ledgestone Insurance wrote:Actually, I am just posting the tournament for Miles Parkhill, who runs Paragon Disc Golf. Its his tournament and he asked me to post it on the local forums. I was just copying and pasting the information.

In all sincerity, thanks for posting your tournaments here. I hope to make one sometime in the future.
Like_Water

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:21 pm

In all sincerity, thanks for posting your tournaments here. I hope to make one sometime in the future.

No problem - Miles does a great job and hosts a good tournament. $60 is a little steep for a C Tier for Pros but I guess it would make it a higher payout. [/code]
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 pm

great guess :lol:
GDL17921

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:03 pm

GDL17921 wrote:great guess :lol:

:lol: :lol:
discgolfduval

Postby schlabach » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:54 pm

I like LIS tournaments. Actually wish there was one this weekend so I wouldn't have to drive 2.5 hours to Des Moines for the closest tournament. The negativity is a bummer but whatever it is what it is. I understand the other side of it too.
schlabach

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 pm

I like LIS tournaments. Actually wish there was one this weekend so I wouldn't have to drive 2.5 hours to Des Moines for the closest tournament. The negativity is a bummer but whatever it is what it is. I understand the other side of it too.

Thanks Matt - we are actually helping with an event in Decatur this weekend, the 2nd Annual Soy City Challenge. We had 90 people last year. Its a fun, 22 hole design on an old ball golf course.
Ledgestone Insurance

Next

Return to National Tournaments