SKILL SHOT CHALLANGE

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

SKILL SHOT CHALLANGE

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:37 am

Image This is the flyer for the Skill Shot Challenge. All the money will go to The Cedar Rapids Metro YMCA's EDGE program. I would like to get some more baskets. Come on out and test your skills! It's only $5 a turn. You have to complete all 20 shots to qualify for the trophy. Just to clarify; Upside Down shots do not have to be thrown upside down. The disc just has to go upside down at some time in it's flight. Rollers have to roll at least half the distance to the target. I'm not going to nitpick over a few feet but there has to be an attempt to roll the disc halfway.
Last edited by ANTI-ANTI on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Re: YMCA SKILL SHOT CHALLANGE

Postby Grimm » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:46 am

sounds good.
Last edited by Grimm on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Skill Shot Challange

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 am

This is a copy of the Rules for the Skill Shot Challenge
This is the shot layout
This is the list of the shot you will have to make. People trying to win the trophy will have to complete all 20 shots in the EAGLE(GOLD) column
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Postby OttoAce » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Do you have to bring your own disc's to this? or are certin ones provided at each shot?
OttoAce

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm

There will be discs there you can use but I would bring my own discs. You are free to use whatever disc you want on whatever shot.

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 am

who this lenny lob guy? whoever he is he can shoot!

thanks fritzy for putting this on. the first one is always the hardest and i think we all touched on ways to make it run even smoother. i'm definately looking forward to doing this again next year. and it gives me some time to work on my 100 foot rollers and upside downers!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Skill Shot Challenge. It was the first time trying something like that and there were some kinks along the way. Next time we will do it in the middle of the summer so we have a little more daylight. I also set it up as a final exam for the EDGE class. That was why I numbered it just like Jay and Des set it up. Next time I will tailor it more towards the league players. I did like having it on an open field. I would like to have 2 set up next time and run both at the same time. Always looking for input on how it might run smoother! Thanks to Rimmy for helping out a ton this year. Maker for coming out and helping. Greco and Pike for stepping in and taking over the tape! You can measure in Feet or Meters but this is US soil so we only use one side of the tape KVN!

Final Standings

1. Pike = 685 points
2. Greco = 659
3. KVN =627
4. Tim Payton = 623
5. Utley = 617
6. Maker = 605
7. Apollo = 603
8. Kollin = 571
9. Ian = 549
10. Woody = 477

To Qualify for the Eagle(GOLD) status you have to card a score of 650 points of higher. Way to go Pike and Greco! Pike averaged a score of 34.25 points per throw. What was most impressive was that Pike was only out of the 25 ft. circle 4 times and made 2 out of the 4 putts. He only carded two tens! We raised $65 for the EDGE program. Thanks to the person who slipped me the $10! My goal was to raise enough to get another basket to bring our total to 6. Only made it half way. The YMCA loved the fact that I went out on my own and tried to raise my own money so they said they would match my $65 so we can get the basket! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Postby Grimm » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 pm

ANTI-ANTI wrote: Thanks to the person who slipped me the $10! My goal was to raise enough to get another basket to bring our total to 6. Only made it half way. The YMCA loved the fact that I went out on my own and tried to raise my own money so they said they would match my $65 so we can get the basket! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

Nice job Fritz. I had a blast and was freezing and not prepared for the shots at all. All in all it well ran we all had fun and got a total of $130 for the Y after they match it. Step in the right direction.

Nice tape work KVN. :lol:
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 am

ANTI-ANTI wrote:Thanks to everyone who came out to the Skill Shot Challenge. It was the first time trying something like that and there were some kinks along the way. Next time we will do it in the middle of the summer so we have a little more daylight. I also set it up as a final exam for the EDGE class. That was why I numbered it just like Jay and Des set it up. Next time I will tailor it more towards the league players. I did like having it on an open field. I would like to have 2 set up next time and run both at the same time. Always looking for input on how it might run smoother! Thanks to Rimmy for helping out a ton this year. Maker for coming out and helping. Greco and Pike for stepping in and taking over the tape! You can measure in Feet or Meters but this is US soil so we only use one side of the tape KVN!

Final Standings

1. Pike = 685 points bushwhacker
2. Greco = 659 bushwhacker
3. KVN =627 bushwhacker
4. Tim Payton = 623 bushwhacker
5. Utley = 617 bushwhacker
6. Maker = 605 bushwhacker
7. Apollo = 603
8. Kollin = 571 bushwhacker
9. Ian = 549 bushwhacker
10. Woody = 477 bushwhacker

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

90 percent isn't bad? just goes to show that Bushwhackers isn't meant for everyone. but if you do play, you're a part of something special.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids