Ledgestone Insurance Championships SuperTour $10,000+ Added

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby peyton » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 am

I like playing both courses but finishing at 12:30pm on Saturday and still not having the payouts posted was crazy. Then refusing to pay anyone early so we could leave. I waited till 2pm and then took off. Adam was staying and picked up my money just after 6pm. Nothing like spending an afternoon not playing and waiting 5 plus hours for your payout.
peyton

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 am

don't say I didn't warn ya Doug
GDL17921

Postby AO » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 am

I enjoyed this tournament. Lot's of updates, good courses, $, prizes, CTPs, player's party, water on the course, big field and overall it was run well. I do agree with Doug about the payouts. Done at 11:50am and left the park at dark. If people want to check out...there should be no issue with that. Family, dogs, house, etc to take care of.

Good job, Nate. Please do not take this as griping. Just ideas from guys who TD too and play 20some tournaments a year. And also..#9 and #17 at Morton were fantastic! Very tough but fair. Usually new holes have some kind of Dikembe in the way.
AO

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 am

Good job, Nate. Please do not take this as griping. Just ideas from guys who TD too and play 20some tournaments a year. And also..#9 and #17 at Morton were fantastic! Very tough but fair. Usually new holes have some kind of Dikembe in the way.

Thanks Adam. Honestly we thought about this a lot. We really wanted people to stay for the final 9 so we could show the community how much support disc golf has. We got a lot of funding from local organizations like the Convention Bureau and Village of Morton and we didn't want people getting their payouts and running away. If someone really needed to leave we did give them their payout. However, please understand that since we had to write checks for the the open payout, the exact payouts per person weren't even known until 1:30 (because of ties, we had to figure out the amounts going to whom).

As for the payouts not being posted, we do apologize for that. They ended up being posted at 1PM. With that in mind, the top four payouts for the top divisions had been posted online a week earlier.

Thanks for the support guys. We appreciate it!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm

PDGA site has been updated with the payouts:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/79707/1261685311
Ledgestone Insurance

Previous

Return to National Tournaments