Ledgestone Insurance Championships SuperTour $10,000+ Added

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:46 am

World Champion Sarah Hokom has confirmed she is playing and Don Smith will be coming as well! As stated, Devan Owens and Paige Pierce will be coming. I will officially add at least $500 cash to the Women's Purse and will add up to $1000 if we get a few more signed up for Pro Women.

I talked to Will Schusterick this morning and he is excited for the event!

Also, we will have about 20 extra players packs, which of course includes three awesome discs, a clipboard, towel, metal mini, shirt, and a few other small goodies. If anyone wants a players pack but can't play, I have a few extra for sale for $50. Feel free to email me at nate@ledgestonegrp.com if you are interested!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Check out the following link for an amazing disc we will be featuring at the tournament, courtesy of Eric McCabe:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

That's a Ti Wasp! We will have 20 of these bad boys for sale for $25 at the September SuperTour! The first ten people who email me at nate@ledgestonegrp.com can buy one of these and also the first ten people who show up at the Thursday Night Putting Competition/Players Party can purchase one (details on the party are forthcoming). This disc is amazing and comes straight from Eric McCabe.

Also, we still have a few players packs left for anyone interested in purchasing one who can't play in the event. $50 plus shipping will get you a players pack. Email me if you are interested! We get more additions to the players pack every day! Thanks to McDonald's for coming on board as a course sponsor!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Grimm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

14th/15th Friday/Saturday tournament? Yea, Olwein seems like a better option.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 am

14th/15th Friday/Saturday tournament? Yea, Olwein seems like a better option.

We understand the Friday/Saturday may not work out for everyone but we have raised over $25,000 for the series and the Sunday didn't work out for me. Should be fun!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 pm

We are pushing 110 registrations for this event. We have a limited number of spots and a limited number of players packs. As for the free discs in the players packs, I thought I would let everyone know what the discs are: you get a Dana Vicich Signed VP; your choice of a LAT Gold Line Flow, Havoc, or Pain; and your choice of a DGA Sparkle Hurricane, Tsunami, or Rogue. You have to sign up by August 31st to get the free LAT disc. The players packs now have a $115 value with no money coming out of the entry fee for the players packs. Also, we only have 5 Ti Wasps left and 5 Players Packs available to be bought for those that can't play. Email me at nate@ledgestonegrp.com if you are interested in buying a players pack for $50 or an Eric McCabe Ruby Red Ti Wasp for $25! Remember that we are adding $10,000 to the pro purse as well!

P.S. We will announce the details of the putting competition by Tuesday of this week!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Just as a note, we have a limited number of AM players packs for the A Tier. We have less than 65 spots left that will guarantee you a players pack that is now worth more than $115. If you sign up after the 65 remaining players packs are gone you will still be eligible for a players pack but it will be in the form of funny money, other goodies and a signed Dana Vicich VP. Advanced divisions would receive $45 of funny money and all other divisions would receive $35 of funny money so there is definitely some motivation to get signed up before they are all gone!

Also, Mikes Italian Feast will be providing lunch on Friday and Saturday that can be delivered to the course. Lunch will consist of a half torpedo sub, bag of chips and a drink. Lunch is $6 for one day or $10 for both days. You can email me to let me know if you would like me to reserve you one or you can register for it at the Thursday Night Putting Competition (final details forthcoming on Wednesday for the Putting Competition). You can also buy and register for the lunch or both lunches on the morning of the first round.

Quick update on the course order for the A Tier:

Its very likely the course order for Recreation and All Pros besides MPO will be changed around. This is necessitated from current pre-registration levels, compared to what we expected.

At this point in time I will just say that the course order for Men's Recreation, Women's Recreation, Pro Masters, Pro Grand Masters, and Womens Pro are likely to change. Most likely, all Pro Divisions will play two rounds at McNaughton and then one round at Morton, with all divisions playing one round from the shorts and one round from the longs except for Women (who would play two rounds from the Shorts). The Women's Recreation and Men's Recreation Divisions would then join the MA1 division and play Bradley, Morton and McNaughton.

EDIT: Pro Grand Masters would play McNaughton from the Longs as well.

Men's Pro and All Other Divisions would not be changed. A final decision on this will be made next week. This would not be a major change for most divisions, and even the divisions affected would only see one course change.

Also, check out the Ledgestone Insurance Series forum post to check out the final payouts for the series and the trophies. The following divisions will receive a payout and a trophy: MPO, MPM, MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4, MS1, FW1, FW2, and FW3. At least second place will be paid in all divisions except for MS1 and the three ladies divisions. Third place will also be paid in MA2 and MA3. The top pro is guaranteed $450 cash for winning the series!

P.S. We have 4 players packs for sale for those that aren't playing and still want a players pack and have 4 Ti Wasps left, so feel free to email me at nate@ledgestonegrp.com if you want one!

P.S.S. We will officially be adding $1000 to the Pro Women's purse...let's see some more Pro Women signed up!
Last edited by Ledgestone Insurance on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Carter45145 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 am

Anyone from Central Iowa planning of going to this? Sucks it's on a friday :roll:
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby discdude08 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Carter45145 wrote:Anyone from Central Iowa planning of going to this? Sucks it's on a friday :roll:

Carter drive to the QC thurs night crash here and ride with me Friday morn to Peoria! I planon going for sure.
Team Iron Lion 36134
discdude08

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Carter drive to the QC thurs night crash here and ride with me Friday morn to Peoria! I planon going for sure.

It's going to be a fun time! AM players pack continues to grow....Paragon will be adding some stuff as well. Friday night is the players party. We look forward to having some Iowa people! My girlfriend is from Iowa and will be there selling raffle tickets!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Carter45145 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 am

discdude08 wrote:Carter drive to the QC thurs night crash here and ride with me Friday morn to Peoria! I planon going for sure.
I'm going to try and get friday off from work and go from there.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby discdude08 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:47 am

Carter45145 wrote:
discdude08 wrote:Carter drive to the QC thurs night crash here and ride with me Friday morn to Peoria! I planon going for sure.
I'm going to try and get friday off from work and go from there.

Let me know what you want to do. I am going for sure. You can crash with me and ride down for the weekend together.
Team Iron Lion 36134
discdude08

Postby peyton » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Why would the Grand masters and open Women play the shorts both rounds? If you say time is an issue, both NT's I went to this year the open pros were the issue not the grand masters or women.
peyton

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Why would the Grand masters and open Women play the shorts both rounds? If you say time is an issue, both NT's I went to this year the open pros were the issue not the grand masters or women.

The longs at McNaughton are pretty brutal. The decision wasn't really made because of time but because of the desire of the players I talked with. They wanted shorts both rounds so that's what I gave them!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:08 pm

As promised, here is the information for the Putting Competition/Party on Thursday night. This is in addition to the Players Party on Friday Night at Goodfellas! The Putting Competition is sponsored by ABC Discs!

When: Thursday September 13th (day before the tournament begins)
Where: Parking lot of Ledgestone Insurance in Washington, IL - the address is 1142 Peoria Street and its right on the main drag. There's a big electronic sign out front and its hard to miss!
Time: The competition and fun will take place from 4PM to 8PM
Format: Everyone will get two putts from 20 feet, two putts from 30 feet, and two putts from 40 feet. You get 1 point for each putt made from 20 feet, 2 points for each putt made from 30 feet, and 3 points for each putt made from 40 feet.
Divisions: We will have three divisions - Pro Men, AM Men, and Women
Prizes: There will be prizes for the winners of each division!
Cost: The putting competition is free for the first try! You can have another shot at the putting competition for $3, with the proceeds going towards the series.

The putting competition won't be the only thing going on at this Thursday Night Shindig. The other special activities:
-We will be selling LIS stamped merchandise for near cost. For example, we will have Champion/Z plastic on sale for $11 and Star/ESP plastic on sale for $12, with deals on all types of LIS stamped discs. This will be a one time offer for anyone to come buy cheap discs!
-Gail Nettles will be baking her wonderful homemade chocolate chip cookies and those will be given away as well!
-Players will be able to pick up their players packs!
-Pairings for the first round will be posted
-Devan Owens and Paige Pierce will be hanging out and signing autographs
-We will have the Ruby Red Eric McCabe Ti Wasps available to the first ten people that show up and want to purchase one for $25
-We will also have a limited number of special Flyboy Aviation Gummy Rocs for sale for $25. Here is a link to a picture of the Gummy Roc:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Flyboy Aviation is the number one rated course in the world and these discs are only able to be purchased through the course owner himself (and the course is private) or through our tournament series. If you would like to get an Eric McCabe Ti Wasp or a Flyboy Gummy Roc just shoot me an email at nate@ledgestonegrp.com

Don't miss this fun event!

P.S. The SuperTour is rapidly filling - get signed up today!
Last edited by Ledgestone Insurance on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby robizm » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 pm

I like how you talked to yourself in the facebook Wasp picture :o
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

PreviousNext

Return to National Tournaments