Keep It Clean

Keep It Clean

Postby nugs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Have picked up a huge amount of trash off the course. Bottles, cans. butts, wrappers. Spread the word to use the trashcans.Was looking like a shithole. We have to police ourselves. If people are too lazy to carry a bottle to the next tee box, they should not be on the course!!! Spread the word. Thanks.
nugs

Postby tufluk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 am

I've walked Prospect the week before the Iron Lion Open the last 2 years to make the park look nice for the tourney. It takes less time to walk and pick the place up than it does to play a round.
tufluk

Postby nugs » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 pm

It takes less time if you DO NOT go into the creek or deep in the brush to pick up bottles, cans, wrappers and pick up cigarette butts, which I have done. And it depends on what you call clean. It is still not perfect but far and away better than it was.
nugs

Postby tufluk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 am

Only a crazy guy in the disc golf world would think I did a half-assed job of picking up litter.
Or anything else.
I stick by my original statement: " It takes less time to walk and pick the place up than it does to play a round.
If one would wonder why there are no cockleburrs along the left side of holes 8 & 9 at Prospect, it is because I have sprayed them w/ 2,4 D the last couple of years.
Did not want to cut them down by hand. Again.

Just discovered that "nugs" is my little brother. He and I do not speak. Did not know this when I made original response. I will not respond to his posts again!
tufluk

Postby nugs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:34 am

Guess my brother is "offended" when he hears the truth but is more offended when it comes from his brother. The truth is the truth. Does he think he is the personal savior of keeping Prospect clean???? If so, he has not been doing his job.

Here is your "pat on the back" for spraying the 2,4 D. Guess you needed that...

Was just informing the community how the courses look and a couple "worker guys" got offended. Sniper was really nice about it...

Maybe my brother should have just said "thanks for the info". But that is not my brother...

You should see " the other side" of him!!!!
nugs

Postby KePP » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:08 am

I vote for Gene
KePP

Postby nugs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey Kepp, that is the problem with this country. People ignore the facts and are minions.. Too bad. Enjoy you ignorant bliss!!!! :lol:
nugs

Postby Sprague » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:40 am

Nugs, everyone appreciates volunteers...nobody appreciates being a volunteer and then being told "you need to do more" btw I saw trash at Prospect today, could you get on that for us?

Your "information" is fine, your attitude towards other volunteers is not.

There is nothing wrong with spreading the word, but acting like we're Gene worshippers is just ignorant - he's a man of action and we respect that.

I vote Gene as well.
Sprague

Postby nugs » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:43 am

Sprague, there was no attitude in my original message. I only got one when I got the shitty response from my brother. He just insulted someone who came forward to help...prospect is 98 percent cleaner than it was.
Spin it any way that makes you guys feel better.
Didn't mean to make you guys cry. :(
Maybe you guys need to smoke some herb to mellow you guys out. Strung way too tight. :)

You guys crack me up :)
nugs

Postby Sprague » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:17 am

Yoy can spin it...I said your right.

The rest of your posts are worthless.
Sprague

Postby irban » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:46 am

What works best is if most players pick up everything they see whiile they're playing. When you throw into the shule and find something, or spot a can in the woods while waiting to tee off, it gets picked up the same as the fairway. That way we don't need as much effort from the super volunteers like Tuf. Or better yet, they have more time for course improvement.

I know not everyone will do this, and of course many will litter. But if you get a healthy number carrying a small trash bag on their rounds, it is amazing the affect it has.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby nugs » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:21 am

Great post Irban. Very positive and to the point.. Never thought of carrying small trash bag in my bag. Will start doing this from now on. Thanks
nugs

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Doesn't have to be a small bag, Kepp carries a garbage/body bag every time he plays.
Sniper26

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Yup, I was most impressed by Kepp. I try to do that when playing Middle's back nine. I don't do it all the time but I do it some times. I need to do it again. Thanks for bringing this back up.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Return to Quad Cities (Moline, IL) - Prospect Park