Camden 1 cleanup

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Nugs, as the league director and liason to the city I will fully support you being the one to grab the bull by the horns and run with this one. The Cam 2 guys do not have to lift a finger on Cam 1 if they don't feel like it. There are 6 guys that have given thousands of hours at C2 and I believe that picking up trash is a waste of their time. Very few can do what they do year in and year out, a less willing to. They have all bought a great assortment of tools out of their own pockets and never ask for a dime. It takes no tools and no skill to pick up trash, just someone with some motivation and respect for the course they love. On top of the good feeling you get when your done, the karma is fantastic. A week after I spent 4 hours picking up at C1 after Camden Chaos in 2008 I won a kick ass basket in the raffle at Geneseo.

I'm not trying to get down on you, I saw what you did for Prospect and that's awesome. People like me, the "C2 Crew", and countless others have busted their ass for years working on the courses and bitching that people don't help or people litter on the course. Those people that still do it have realized that it is a never ending battle. Fight the good fight my friend and educate the chuckers.
Sniper26

Postby tufluk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:05 am

Just discovered that "nugs" is my little brother. He and I do not speak. Did not know this when I made original response. I will not respond to his posts again!

The remark about scottydubs was totally out of line, and totally in character.

A young girl was trudging along a mountain path, trying to reach her grandmother's house. It was bitter cold, and the wind cut like a knife. When she was within sight of her destination, she heard a rustle at her feet.
Looking down, she saw a snake. Before she could move, the snake spoke to her. He said, "I am about to die. It is too cold for me up here, and I am freezing. There is no food in these mountains, and I am starving. Please put me under your coat and take me with you."
"No," replied the girl. "I know your kind. You are a rattlesnake. If I pick you up, you will bite me, and your bite is poisonous."
"No, no," said the snake. "If you help me, you will be my best friend. I will treat you differently."
The little girl sat down on a rock for a moment to rest and think things over. She looked at the beautiful markings on the snake and had to admit that it was the most beautiful snake she had ever seen.
Suddenly, she said, "I believe you. I will save you. All living things deserve to be treated with kindness."
The little girl reached over, put the snake gently under her coat and proceeded toward her grandmother's house.
Within a moment, she felt a sharp pain in her side. The snake had bitten her.
"How could you do this to me?" she cried. "You promised that you would not bite me, and I trusted you!"
"You knew what I was when you picked me up," hissed the snake as he slithered away
tufluk

Postby nugs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 am

Camden 2 is a good course and i enjoy playing it. But the neglect on Camden 1 is evident. I am not a hard core disc golfer. If you guys do not want to hear the truth about camden 1 it is ok by me. I play there about 2 times a year. If cleaning it is beneath the 6 guys, so be it...

As to my brother, Most of you do not know "the other side"!!

Not trying to be mean, but as the Cam 2 crew will tell you, Gene doesn't have to try to be mean, it's his nature. :lol:
nugs

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 am

nothing better than a troll that

a] tells others to clean up his course that he plays twice a year
b] insults others that support the locals that give more than you have a clue about
b] brings family matters to a public forum

you're trolling the wrong community nugs, your brother has EARNED more respect in this community than you ever will. Maybe you should try giving a little, instead of expecting so much. What did you think, you'd get on here and tell us to jump, and we'd say how high? Get real. Or is it as I suspect, you're just trolling for responses.....Either way, you can't win here.
GDL17921

Postby nugs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:55 am

nugs wrote:
Camden One has trash all over. Picked some up the other day when I was there. Needs a clean up day in my opinion. Too much for just one guy. May be being neglected with all the work on "the other side"! Not sure.

Tufluk wrote:
I'm sure. Shocked

5 or 6 guys busting azz on Cam 2 EVERY week, improving the course, has absolutely NOTHING to do with litter on Camden 1. Exclamation
The "other side" is usually pretty clean. Does one suppose that those playing Cam 2 don't litter? Not likely. Those same dolts who cut, burn, and improve on Cam 2 are also CONSTANTLY picking up the usual assortment of beer, water, and gatorade containers. Without much whining.
As far as picking up litter being "too much for just one guy", Question . I guess that would depend on the guy. A ten spot sez, I could have Cam 1 course litter free in less than 3 hours!!! (Not to say that it wouldn't need it again in a week.)
"Cept I'm kinda busy on the "other side".

Not trying to be mean, but as the Cam 2 crew will tell you, Gene doesn't have to try to be mean, it's his nature. Laughing

My brother wrote this before he knew it was me. And nobody knew who I was until he told you all. All he and others had to say was thanks for the information. But you all besides sniper had to get "offended". If you want to pretend camden 1 is clean, so be it.
nugs

Postby KePP » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:31 am

GDL17921 wrote:nothing better than a troll that

a] tells others to clean up his course that he plays twice a year
b] insults others that support the locals that give more than you have a clue about
b] brings family matters to a public forum

you're trolling the wrong community nugs, your brother has EARNED more respect in this community than you ever will. Maybe you should try giving a little, instead of expecting so much. What did you think, you'd get on here and tell us to jump, and we'd say how high? Get real. Or is it as I suspect, you're just trolling for responses.....Either way, you can't win here.

^ Well put.

nugs wrote:All he and others had to say was thanks for the information ... If you want to pretend camden 1 is clean, so be it.

Holy discovery, why haven't we submitted this to Nobel? Public parks that are busy with kids get lots of litter. Finally! Somebody who plays there twice a year providing such enlightenment. It's too bud nugs gives nuggets a bad name.

Try tying a garbage bag to your disc golf bag. You can pick up five punks worth of trash... more if others on your card join in.
KePP

Postby nugs » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:48 pm

You guys make me laugh so hard... While I can appreciate your loyalty to my brother, facts are the facts. Walked Camden 2 the week before and could not find trash anywhere. Great job.
I should say I walked camden 1 also. Didnt actually play. Our nephew was playing. Even If I only play there 2x a year, should It not be clean???? What if the mayor of milan walked through???

Is this the way you want my brother to respond to someone he does not know who is trying to mention it to whoever handles that stuff??? Fricken Rude. If so, shame on you..

Tufluk wrote:
I'm sure. Shocked

5 or 6 guys busting azz on Cam 2 EVERY week, improving the course, has absolutely NOTHING to do with litter on Camden 1. Exclamation
The "other side" is usually pretty clean. Does one suppose that those playing Cam 2 don't litter? Not likely. Those same dolts who cut, burn, and improve on Cam 2 are also CONSTANTLY picking up the usual assortment of beer, water, and gatorade containers. Without much whining.
As far as picking up litter being "too much for just one guy", Question . I guess that would depend on the guy. A ten spot sez, I could have Cam 1 course litter free in less than 3 hours!!! (Not to say that it wouldn't need it again in a week.)
"Cept I'm kinda busy on the "other side".

Not trying to be mean, but as the Cam 2 crew will tell you, Gene doesn't have to try to be mean, it's his nature. Laughing

If the "work crew" got insulted that is on them. In my original message I never mentioned any names. Spin it any way you want...

I know all the stuff my brother does for the course and am proud of him for it. Not knocking him or anybody else for the work they do. Was just stating a fact. You could eat off Camden 2 its so clean. Camden 1 is not!

My brother said who I was not me. Distort the facts if you want. The posts on the forum show that I am right, even if you guys do not like it!!
So YOUR A, B, And C are shot in the butt, what's next???

The sad part is that all you followers do not have the guts to stand up and say "Nugs" is right. I can respect what sniper said and how he said it. Loyalty is great, having "stars in your eyes" makes you a minion!

That is something I will never be!

Will have my brother order you guys to clean Camden 1. Sure you will follow them and it will get cleaned up!!!

Feel free to keep me laughing...

:lol:
Last edited by nugs on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nugs

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:07 pm

everybody get a room :lol: :lol:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Sprague » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:05 am

Nugs your right.

It's a mess, and when the Mayor of Milan witnesses the trash he can take it up with the parks department...not a bunch of guys who volunteer their own time - the way they see fit.

Thanks for volunteering to help clean it up though. A little advice - post on here when your going to be there and then ask for volunteers to join you. Then after 8000hrs of your volunteer time, I'll get on here and gripe that you haven't cleaned up Big Island too.

Please let me know any other work that needs done around Milan - I'll put it on our priority list and see where it fits in.
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:24 am

To answer your main point "the guys who handle this sort of thing" are called volunteers - look it up.

And I am part of the crew, we're a TEAM and WE work as a TEAM - Gene has shown nothing but respect to me and our crew - so thanks for your kind words about C2, but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave our crew (and their personal time) out of the discussion. Maybe ask yourself how you can remedy the problem, instead of telling other people to do more.
Sprague

Postby nugs » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:07 am

Hey Sprague, I was trying to remedy the problem. (read my first post to the thread!!)
Camden One has trash all over. Picked some up the other day when I was there. Needs a clean up day in my opinion. Too much for just one guy. May be being neglected with all the work on "the other side"! Not sure.
Never mentioned anyone specific.
Then read the rest of them.

People not from Milan or who are rec players do not know who is in charge of cleanup at Camden 1 --- is it the city of Milan or volunteers??? I didn't know and my brother is on your crew! And I will call the city of Milan on Monday morning.

I do my part to pick stuff up. I just usually do not announce it to everyone. Or come to volunteer days. Only mentioned it to show I am doing my part. (at prospect mostly)

Read it again,
Said I wasn't sure.

Hope you guys do not have twin daughters. One will look her Sunday best, while the other will be sitting there with a shitty diaper!

Spin it any way you want, Camden 1 looks like a dump... I really don't care one way or the other.
You guys who run the leagues and volunteer are the ones who look bad when its a dump. Not me. Nobody sees my picture on the website for Camden 2. :lol:

Do have to give you credit for sticking up for each other. Even facts cannot get in the way. Nobody ever said you had to like the truth, you just have to deal with it...

Just like students on the conveyor belt -- Pink Floyd " The Wall"

Do have to give you guys 2 thumbs up for entertainment value. People never cease to amaze me...

:lol:
“There are none so blind as those, that will not see”
nugs

Postby Sprague » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 am

You can spin it...I said your right.

The rest of your posts are worthless, now go about your business.
Sprague

Postby nugs » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:26 am

Sprague, All for going about my business... If you guys organize a work day at Camden 1 I will show up for it.. More people will show if you ask rather than a guy(me) that nobody knows... Thanks
nugs

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:27 pm

We have asked for years. There are always new flash in the pan people that want to help, but only last a few work nights before they realize it is really hard and thankless work. Unfortunatly, your brother is the chief on top of the volunteer totem pole, and his worth to disc golf is un-measurable. Please feel free to do your part as a responsible park user and know that being the unsung hero does not go unnoticed by others that respect the sanctity of disc golf.
Sniper26

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:32 am

Sniper26 wrote: being the unsung hero does not go unnoticed by others that respect the sanctity of disc golf.

this. I don't even live there anymore, and Gene's one of my hero's. Why? Because I've been playing at Camden Park since the baskets went in the ground in 2000. I know what it takes to volunteer your time in place of playing a round with your buddies. And I also know what it feels like to be appreciated for doing so. It's rewarding. Sprague is also a hero, he used to live here, I used to live there. All of us that pay attention to the details so people like you can enjoy a round of disc have mutual respect and admiration for each other and disc golf's sanctity (like the word PR). Minions, hardly. That's about the worst "spin" I've ever seen, and it obviously another pathetic attempt to get a rise - which is all your original posts were intended to do, weren't they nugs?

I mean let's just break it down here. You really didn't have to mention anybody in your original post, now did you? You knew damn well your brother was one of the "other side guys" and that making such a crack would rouse feathers - most likely his, and maybe others, that you could spin into minions, say how funny it is, and all in the name of (according to you) your harmless initial post. Listen buddy, this is trolling 101..... Do you really think that you're so intelligent that pointing out your original post doesn't mention names absolves your negativity? Or are you just that stupid? I am certain it's the latter - but go ahead and point it out again for me, for MY amusement. The only person on here belittling anybody is you. Your brother took the high road, and your only play here is to cut on those supporting him and call them bitches, mention how we don't know Gene, whatever bro. I know all I need to know, just go play the course. That's all I'm interested in. Your history with your brother? Please, I couldn't give a shit less. I have my own problems with my own family and they get dealt with so I can maintain healthy relationships with them. Doesn't that matter to you? People make mistakes - get the Chuck over them. Recognize the positive, leave the past in the past and move on. What a sad man you are that you bring your past conflicts with your brother to a forum where he is viewed positively. Like we're too stupid to recognize your objective is to tear down a relationship further, rather than be a man and reconcile. What a sad sad existence you must live!
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park