course conditions

Postby jnecessary » Wed May 16, 2012 7:46 am

The course is mowed now, rough is tall as always this time of year, but just don't throw there :).

Should make for some good golf right now.
jnecessary

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:28 pm

i cannot believe how great the pen looked last night. great job to all that cleared it out. played well and i was just so impressed. i would say it is currently in the best condition i have ever seen it this time of year since it was built. cant wait to get back.(did i just say that?)

kudos fellas
Abe Froman

Postby brox » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am

Abe Froman wrote:i cannot believe how great the pen looked last night. great job to all that cleared it out. played well and i was just so impressed. i would say it is currently in the best condition i have ever seen it this time of year since it was built. cant wait to get back.(did i just say that?)

kudos fellas

i was there on monday and agree, it looks nicer then it has for a while.
brox

Postby Buzzz Killington » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:55 am

I'm really digging the course these days. That clearing did wonders for it's playability. Thanks to those who help out. 6 long is my favorite hole now.

TICKS, TICKS, TICKS!
Played yesterday and returned Pat's disc from 13. I pulled 6 ticks off of me. Many more from my dog. But get this; I napped, took a shower, put on fresh clothes and went to the Victor Wooten show, in the 5 min car ride, 2 more ticks appeared, one on my shorts and another on my neck...
Protect ya neck!
Last edited by Buzzz Killington on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzz Killington

Postby iowapat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks again for getting that FD back to me...

I counted two ticks on me...lil bastards. I may have to borrow some Advantage II from my dogs to keep them away
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby Vicious Circle Disc Golf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 am

There is a large tree limb down in the fairway on hole six. It is going to need some chainsaw work and then carry the debris way off to the side.
Vicious Circle Disc Golf

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 am

I'll be down there this weekend to cut that up. Can't promise I'll move it all, but it needs to be slid back towards the blue pad in the woods.
Buzzz Killington

Postby jnecessary » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:I'll be down there this weekend to cut that up. Can't promise I'll move it all, but it needs to be slid back towards the blue pad in the woods.

I haven't seen it, but working a half day today and already penciled this in for 1 o'clock. If anyone wants to help they are welcome to. I'll have a saw and truck out there. Thinking I'll cut it small enough to be chopped into firewood and stack it maybe. Come back later and chop it up and take it home.
jnecessary

Postby Hamer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 pm

I am loading up the chainsaw now. I will see you out there.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby jnecessary » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Good times. I pulled up to hole 6 in my truck to be greated by 6-7 workers for the city that were there to clean up the tree!

Then Andy showed up and since we were both there to work, we went ahead and widened the fairway that goes to the right hand location on hole 15. Should be able to throw an anhyzer to the pin now. Lefty hyzer won't work the best as it will always come up short and right unless you go over the top of everything, but at least there is a new route possibility.
jnecessary

Postby brox » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:59 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:I'm really digging the course these days. That clearing did wonders for it's playability. Thanks to those who help out. 6 long is my favorite hole now.

TICKS, TICKS, TICKS!
Played yesterday and returned Pat's disc from 13. I pulled 6 ticks off of me. Many more from my dog. But get this; I napped, took a shower, put on fresh clothes and went to the Victor Wooten show, in the 5 min car ride, 2 more ticks appeared, one on my shorts and another on my neck...
Protect ya neck!

I think everytime I sat down I picked ticks off me. Also thanks Penn for that dose of Poison Oak.
brox

Postby IHearChains » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 pm

jnecessary wrote:Good times. I pulled up to hole 6 in my truck to be greated by 6-7 workers for the city that were there to clean up the tree!

I guess they are looking for stuff to do, with the lack of mowing in this drought! Anyway that is great news!
IHearChains

Postby Hamer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:31 pm

To the work crew:

There was a smaller size tree laying on the #2 blue tee pad the last time I was out there.
There is a dead tree leaning on a live tree on hole #4.
The large dead tree on #13 to the left of the basket blew down in the wind. We got lucky that it just missed the directional marker.
Hole #16 needs a little clean up between the two basket locations.
I will be doing some clean up work out there leading up to the doubles tournament on 8/26/2012.

Andy Hamer
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:02 pm

We worked at the Peninsula over the weekend. Thank you to Jason, Andrew and Gus for helping. We cut up and removed the tree that was down on the hole #2 blue tee pad. We cut down the dangerous leaning dead tree on #4. It was hazardous and it was leaning on a good live tree. We picked up a lot of branches that were down in the fairways from the recent wind storms. We picked up what we could of the big tree down on hole #13. The course is looking good.
Hamer

Postby AO » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:13 am

Wow! The Penn is definitely looking the best it ever has. Great job everyone
AO

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park