Penn State Penalties....

Sports related topics.

Postby Single L » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 pm

1semenking wrote:
Single L wrote:
1semenking wrote:I think the guilty party, Jerry Sandusky, and anyone who didn't report the accusations, should be where the penalties end.

So a University should be allowed to violate rules, regulations, and code of conduct and then simply fire all involved, then let the judicial system take care of them, and simply wash their hands clean? Hell No, there has to be consequences.

What rules did the University break?

Per NCAA President Mark Emmert:
Our Constitution and By-Laws make it perfectly clear that the Association exists not simply to promote fair play on the field, but to insist that athletics programs provide positive moral models for our students, enhance the integrity of higher education, and promote the values of civility, honesty and responsibility. The sanctions we are imposinsimplisticallyg are based upon these most fundamental principles of the NCAA.

That's good enough for me. Too many people are thinking to simplistically about NCAA rules and bylaws by only focusing on rules that affect the game of play (i.e. illegal recruiting, points shaving, illegal benefits, etc); the NCAA and athletcs is much more than that.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Grimm » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 pm

1semenking wrote:The University did nothing.
And knew about it. :shock:

ding! ding! ding! You are the winner of why they came down hard on them.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Single L » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:10 pm

1semenking wrote:I'm just kinda pissed that there are not more individuals getting sent to prison over this. I also feel sorry for anyone who was at the wrong place at the wrong time regarding this crap. The University did nothing. The people did!

Oh don't worry more will be going to jail; their trials have to start. Spanier, Curley, and Schultz will be spending some time behind bars. Paterno would probably be joining them if he was alive.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

..You could say Paterno got off easy. He went to the grave with guilt, but other than that, nothing. Lost games, doesnt have the record, no statue, whatever. When he went there were still people protesting that He should keep his job. He was basically still on top.

Some people involved will also lose countless amounts of money fighting this through the Civil lawsuit arena.

Still really havent heard anyone shelter any of the blame yet either. Thats pretty sad.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 am

Thats how the whole problem started in the first place, I honestly think they thought they were immune to the consequences and actions of one creepy sick Chuck.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Previous

Return to Sports