Blacklisted?

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Blacklisted?

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 am

Has anyone ever been kicked out of league? I know I have probably been close, think im safe for now :D Seriously what do you have to do to get kicked out? If you dont get kicked out for knocking beers out of peoples hands and kicking garbage cans you should at least get slapped a few times. I was going to run a poll question on this but the majority of those involved dont have accounts on here. Lee please fill me in on this at the least I will know my boundarys :wink:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't recall anyone being kicked out of league before, However, I don't recall anyone behaving like that at league before either. After league I was informed of the incident. It nearly made me vomit and lick it up so I could puke it out again. Seriously, the most pathetic display of sportsmanship I have seen or even heard of during league play.
My initial suggestion would be that the entire team will receive a forfeit for last night and be stripped of any bonus points that they may have earned as well.
Second a formal apology should be given not only to the other team but to the entire league. If the guilty party is unwilling to do this and try to bury the hatchet, then I would suggest he be banned for life from the BHMDGL.
This kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable!
Many of us in league have dedicated countless hours to advance the sport in our area, as well as the image of the average competitive disc golfer. An instance like this witnessed by the general public is not only embarrassing, but could easily overshadow all the good we have done for our parks and community.
All of that being said, I have known this person for a long time and have seen him get worked up about not playing well but he would only harsh himself. I have never seen him lash out like that twords another discer. So I would like to give him the opportunity to make it right.
I will discuss the incident with the league officials this evening and see what the their thought are on this matter.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:44 pm

The seriousness of your post Lee really makes me think about the way I have behaved in the past and future. I always kinda considered the "course" to be sacred ground where people dont have to worry about being subject to physical or mental harm. That being said I have made a fair amount of mistakes as well. I thought he was on his way up and actually had conversations about not letting it "get" to him. Thank you for replying not only did you answer my question you brought some serious attention to how we should handle ourselves while representing the sport, the league and frankly ourselves. I hope this doesnt happen again with anyone by the sounds of some people it could have got ugly real quick and that is the last thing we need for us or the league. Thanks again.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:47 pm

As you know Lee him and I have our share of differences, but as a concerened person who was worried about him more so as a person then a disc golfer I reached out to him. He explained some things to me and I explained some things to him. I wasnt in the "moment" so idk what the situation evolved into. I do know this as a person who has had his moments I would want the benifit of the doubt as long as the consequences of my actions were met. He has stated he wants to apoligize to the kid whos beers ended up on the ground. I told him I would take it a step further and address the group, not with excuses but just stating that for the most part hes not a bad guy who intentionally wants to hurt people. I would ask you him and the other party before the group gets started on Monday to have a talk. If you dont have time he should figure out when he can make time for you. If you think something like a suspension needs to be met then so be it, he will have to man up. Im going to pm you with his number so he can tell you what he thinks. I also told him in this situation he is the adult and the other guy is pretty much a kid so take responsibility for that. You always make the right choice Lee with everyone else in mind. I trust you to do that, once again I thank you for taking the time for this issue because its not just about him its about us and our league and what we represent to eachother and the community. Im sure we will have other issues and this is something maybe we can fall back on and see how it was handled, were humans after all and nobodys perfect. Thanks Lee P.M coming soon.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 pm

I love master lee, he's my Egg Chen of the disc golf under world, except instead of magic potions he makes magic burritos.

However, on a downer note, tomorrow at league I'm gonna bitch slap Kollin and knock his beer out of his hand just to show how bad ass the sbdgl is.
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 am

You are so correct Andy, when I first came into the league I just spouted off saying what he didnt do, instead of looking at all the things he did and does do. I have great repsect for him because through it all he has put up with EVERYONES shit including way to much of mine. On that side note I will give you 5$ to bitch slap KLN, HAHAHAHHAAH.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby shane » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 am

I got a twenty.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 am

shane wrote:I got a twenty.
Kollins' got a 6 inch reach on Greco...I got my money on him :wink:
SARG27044

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:47 am

Greco will get him laughing then punch him in the soloplexes, haha.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby irban » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 am

I was on double secret probation for DM BW. I think it is off now, though I'm not playing anyway.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Grimm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:41 am

Everyone's kinda hostile today. :lol:

I do believe this is the 1st year that we have not let someone back into SBDGL though.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Master Lee » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:I love master lee, he's my Egg Chen of the disc golf under world, except instead of magic potions he makes magic burritos.

The potions are in the burritos. Eat just one and we will be able to invade the temple and save the girl! You know what old Jack Burton says at a time like this.
Love the reference Greco, one of my favorite movies! Think I'll watch it again tonight.

Back on topic, I have accumulated more info on the matter at hand and am confident we can squash this drama by Monday at the latest. On the upside I believe this incident will serve a good lesson to all of us on how we conduct ourselves. And more importantly how we are perceived by the general public. Without having huge corporate sponsors or coverage of the Touring pros and ams televised, we are the front line for public relations. Representing the sport we all love so much.

After all we are men and women of action, immaturity does not become us.
Master Lee

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League