Ledgestone Insurance Championships SuperTour $10,000+ Added

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Ledgestone Insurance Championships SuperTour $10,000+ Added

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Ledgestone Insurance and Plastic Addicts are happy to present the 2012 LIS: Ledgestone Insurance Championships Super Tour. This is the tournament we all have been waiting for. This will be the finale of the 2012 Ledgestone Insurance Series and will crown the champion of the series and the champion of the tournament. The payout is huge, the trophies are sick, the players pack is enormous, and more and more!

When: September 14th and 15th
Where: Peoria, IL
Sanctioning: This will be a PDGA SuperTour Event
Field Size: Field size is limited to 252 players
Pre-registration: http://illinoisdiscgolf.com/LISregistra ... nship.html
PDGA List: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/79707

Added Cash to Pro Divisions: $10,000+
Donated Am Players Pack Cost: $7,500+

All in all, we have raised over $24,000 for the entire series. We have earmarked $2000 for the series winners, $2000 for the trophies (which are sweet!!!), $2000 for the players party, and $1500 for other expenses. The amateur players pack is 100% donated. No money will come out of the entry fee to pay for the amateur players pack. The pros will also get a free dinner at the Friday night players party. Ams can pick up their players pack at the players party only. The players pack will consist of the following for those that register by August 31st, 2012:

Metal Mini, Towel, Clipboard, Shirt, Dinner, LAT 64 disc, DGA Disc, Autographed Dana Vicich Vibram VP, and more! If you don't register by August 31st the LAT 64 disc will not be included.

The players party will be at Goodfellas in Pekin at approximately 7PM on Friday night. Everyone's dinner will be paid for! We will also be selling raffle tickets throughout the weekend and at the players party. The raffle will be huge. Here's a small sample of what will be in the raffle: Baskets, Bags, Discs, Autographed materials, Gift Certificates, Maui Jim sunglasses, hotel giveaways, shirts, and more!

At this point in time we are targeting this setup for the amount of players:
MPO - 50 players
Other Pros - 30
MA1 - 44
All Other AMS - 128

Play will begin Friday at 9:30AM for all groups. The second round will start approximately 1 hour after the last card is in from the first round with ample time for travel between courses. The Saturday morning round will start at the same time. Here is the order of the courses:

Group 1 : All Pros - McNaughton Shorts, McNaughton Longs, Morton Mixed (FPO will play McNaughton shorts both rounds)
Group 2: MAI, FW1, MM1, MG1, MA3 - Bradley, Morton Short, McNaughton (MA1 will play McNaughton from the Longs - all other divisions in this flight will play the shorts)
Group 3: MA2, FW2, FW3, MA4, MS1 - Morton Short, Bradley, Bradley

The following divisions will have a final 9 at Morton on Saturday afternoon: MPO, MA1, MPM, FPO

This is the finale of the Ledgestone Insurance Series. Double points will be awarded and we will crown Series Champions for all divisions on Saturday afternoon. You must be a PDGA member to play in this event.

Sponsors: Ledgestone Insurance, Plastic Addicts, Erie Insurance, Scheels, PACVB, Village of Morton, Paragon, Falling Putt, Goodfellas, Washington Community Bank, Huk Lab, ABC Discs, World of Vitamins, Innova, Discraft, Gateway

Entry costs:
Pro Divisions: $90
All Advanced Divisions: $60
All Other Divisions: $50

Don't wait to get signed up - this will fill!

P.S. Here is the link to our host hotel!

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGro ... &key=53CAD
Last edited by Ledgestone Insurance on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

nice work
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:59 am

nice work

Thanks! It should be an awesome event. The raffle is going to be enormous as well, with multiple baskets, hotel giveaways, discs, bags, shirts, etc being raffled off.

We have continued to get more registrations for this event....PDGA will be updated this afternoon but we expect this event to fill by the end of August. When all is said and done, we will have raised over $25,000 for this event and the end payout for the series. This is going to be the largest tournament in the history of Illinois! Get signed up today!
Ledgestone Insurance

Re: Ledgestone Insurance Championships SuperTour $10,000+ Ad

Postby Nohr » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Ledgestone Insurance wrote:When: September 14th and 15th

Friday/Saturday tournament?
Nohr

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

This will be a Friday/Saturday tournament. [/quote]
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Please note that this event is being changed to three courses! Washington Park has an all day event on August 11th and will not be available. In addition, we will be starting at Morton in the morning and ending at Eureka. Registrations have been coming in so get signed up today at the following link!

The PDGA pre-reg list has been updated:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/ ... D999115904
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby claring » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Ledgestone Insurance wrote:Please note that this event is being changed to three courses! Washington Park has an all day event on August 11th and will not be available. In addition, we will be starting at Morton in the morning and ending at Eureka. Registrations have been coming in so get signed up today at the following link!

The PDGA pre-reg list has been updated:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/ ... D999115904

What's August 11th have to do with Sep tournament?
claring

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 pm

lol
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am

What's August 11th have to do with Sep tournament?

I posted that in the wrong spot....my bad!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 am

Hence the idea to have all your tournaments under one banner, as its an event series. Way to pay attention.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Hence the idea to have all your tournaments under one banner, as its an event series. Way to pay attention.

I saw it...didn't think it was necessary though!
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Ledgestone Insurance wrote:

I saw it...didn't think it was necessary though!

Obviously. You only have like 15 threads all based around the same series of events. I guess everyone would just use common sense and put them in the same spot.

Chase20460

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Obviously. You only have like 15 threads all based around the same series of events. I guess everyone would just use common sense and put them in the same spot.

I don't get what the big deal is.....I feel that a tournament with $10,000 added cash to the pro purse deserves its own thread....in addition, its easier to post information about tournaments in their own thread. Even though its a series, the tournaments are all separate entities. Just makes more sense to do them separate.
Ledgestone Insurance

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Its a courtesy more than anything to other people that are posting events. If its a series, then its ongoing and why couldnt you go to the previous thread? I dont think anymore was ever suggested or implied.

No one said anything about any of the tournies not being worthy. Its very impressive and willl stay near the top.

Chase20460

Postby Ledgestone Insurance » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Here's a quick update regarding the added cash for the Pro Purse at the A Tier. If you recall, we have raised over $7500 for the AM field in the way of a huge players pack with no money coming out of the entry fees for the players packs. On the pro side.....

• If we have at least 4 Pro Women, we will add $500 cash to the Pro Women purse.
  • If we have at least 8 Pro Women, we will add $1000 cash to the Pro Women purse.
  • If we have at least 15 Pro Masters/Grand Masters, we will add $500 total cash to those purses and split the cash based on the percentage of players in each division.
  • If we have at least 25 total Pro Masters/Grand Masters, we will add $1000 total cash to those purses and split the cash based on the percentage of players in each division.

For instance, if we have 10 Pro Grand Masters and 15 Pro Masters, we will add $600 to the Pro Masters purse and $400 to the Pro Grand Masters purse.

This means there will be a minimum of $8000 added cash to the Men's Pro purse alone!

Do not wait to sign up for this event as this is only 33 days away! If you know you are playing in this event, please sign up as soon as you can so we can better plan for the event. We have to make plans for volunteers, food, merchandise, players packs, shirts, awards, etc. Its a big help to the LIS crew if you pre-register early so we would appreciate it! We have worked on this tournament for over 1 year so please support us!
Ledgestone Insurance

Next

Return to National Tournaments