out of the ground

out of the ground

Postby puppetmaster » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:59 pm

FYI: most of the basket have been pulled for upcoming work being done to the creek/ditch.
Basket 2, 4, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are pulled.
Sign and bench for 3 are pulled also.
I expect the tee pad for 3 long, 3 short and maybe 4 short will be gone within a week or two.

Will get it back as soon as they have me do it, don't know how long to expect. And we may knock it down to a 9 hole with both long and shorts to make it still play as 18.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby Discgo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Are you going to redesign it completely?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby puppetmaster » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Not my choice. If it was, then yes. All I know is its not being done with free labor this time.at least, not by me.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Made for some interesting safari glow last night :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 am

progress report, they are working on it hot and heavy. ditch is much bigger than I thought it was going to be. They said they are hoping to be done in about 2 more weeks. If it was much wider, the barge's would be lining up to go up it. Looking good though.
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:55 pm

progress report; no commit
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 am

ditch looks done, but no comment on when will be playable?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 am

look at the pitch, do you think it will ever be able to be mowed, no matting below the rock, how much weeds do you think we are going to have in a year. No commit.
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks to Gary's work, the park board approved redoing a number of holes. I can't believe you didn't post this yet!

This includes taking the park down to 9 baskets, lengthening some holes, and adding alternate pads for each of the 9 holes. Still will equal 18, but redesign of some holes to commence once G is given the green light to work on it.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:57 pm

GDL17921

Re: out of the ground

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:58 am

Just an FYI: I wrote a nasty gram to the City manager who was present LAST FALL w hen the city promised to put the course back together by way of a re-design. Eliminating some safety concerns, leaving some holes, moving baskets & new teepads in many locations. By the designer & builder, Mr. Lehmer, it'll be 2 loops of 9 instead of the 12/6 like it was before. Now to keep praying that this city manager will get her managers to work together & do their jobs. From what I hear it won't exactly take that big of a sacrifice to let one or two of our awesome city employees go to town for a day or two tops & have the baskets set & forms ready to pour. Now for the rest of the city employees that aren't working on this - it'll be a VERY non-productive day for them during this time. ha!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 am

2 and a 1/2 poured today. we only have 4 flexable forms so its not a "get it done today or tomorrow" job. The stencialing turned out nice. put die in the stencil, dont know if it will soak in or not but looks cool as of right now. Told the boss that we can only do 3 at a time because the stenciaing and puting the die in takes a while. started at 8 and finished at around 10:30. you can check out photos on my facebook page. 4 more full pads and 9 more half pads to go. plus adding a new course sign as soon as we have time...
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Wed May 08, 2013 11:28 am

just finished 4 half pads this morning. will strip forms and back fill and re form 2 full pads and 2 half pads Thursday for a friday pour. then we will only have 2 half pours and 1 full pad along with 5 or 6 baskets pole for next week. the dye on the first 3 pads did not work, but the rain is doing a good job of cleaning it off. Now I go to plan B, and of course there is a plan C if need be. The last full pad is going to be something diffrent, hope it turns out. should be cool. its the only part Im doing for free, planning on working on the form this saturday morning :mrgreen:
puppetmaster

Postby Discgo » Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 am

puppetmaster wrote:just finished 4 half pads this morning. will strip forms and back fill and re form 2 full pads and 2 half pads Thursday for a friday pour. then we will only have 2 half pours and 1 full pad along with 5 or 6 baskets pole for next week. the dye on the first 3 pads did not work, but the rain is doing a good job of cleaning it off. Now I go to plan B, and of course there is a plan C if need be. The last full pad is going to be something diffrent, hope it turns out. should be cool. its the only part Im doing for free, planning on working on the form this saturday morning :mrgreen:

Do you need a hand?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby puppetmaster » Thu May 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Have it all in control. Thank you for asking. Today and tomorrow are the only pain, Jeremy is off so I'm forming today. I have a co worker that will help me lie down and screed the mud, and I'll have 2 full and 2 halfs I can finish and stencil myself tomorrow.
puppetmaster

Next

Return to Des Moines (Norwalk) - Windflower Park