Save Legion Park Disc Golf Course

Moderator: peyton

Save Legion Park Disc Golf Course

Postby peyton » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Please follow this link to sign a petition to save the Legion Park Disc Golf course.

Thanks.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save ... edium=soci
peyton

Postby Nohr » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

After you add your signature it will prompt you to donate to the site. Once you reach this screen your signature has ALREADY been recorded. So donate if you wish but it is not required to sign the petition.
Nohr

Postby peyton » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 am

Please do not donate any money. That is not what we are looking for. I don't think any of the money goes to this anyway.
peyton

Postby brox » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:32 am

brox

Postby robizm » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 pm

NICE!@
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby Dale Jordal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:11 am

Added my name to the petition ............ wish you luck.

Obviously the main point that the city needs to understand just replacing the poles lost somewhere else does not resolve the issue.
Disc golfers undertand that but you may really have to work to make all or most of those who have vote in this understand this point. I am sure most of them don't understand.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Grimm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:20 am

Dale Jordal wrote:Added my name to the petition ............ wish you luck.

Obviously the main point that the city needs to understand just replacing the poles lost somewhere else does not resolve the issue.
Disc golfers undertand that but you may really have to work to make all or most of those who have vote in this understand this point. I am sure most of them don't understand.

It's not only about the course. This will ruin also ruin a staple sledding hill in the CR area that everyone brings the kids to year after year along with wildlife. I don't know how many times I've seen deer and other animals that are right in the same area. If this keeps up and the city keeps giving in all that will be left is the creek and the trail.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby robizm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:08 pm

doesn't doug have more repore (sp??) with the Marion council than he has with the CR ? Not that it helps but would help to understand how they think and what they really see value wise to the current setup...

will be a shame if it changes...
robizm

Postby tufluk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Rapport
tufluk

Postby robizm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

lol I had a huge brain fart and started spelling like my brother ... too lazy to google it
robizm

Postby brox » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 am

it's not just the disc course or the sledding hill. It's also the walking trails, mountain biking trails and so on. This will dramatically change the park and in my opinion not for the better. They already have all that land they cleared a few years back. I can see maybe taking out the hole before Taj just as it is closest to that area and no one wants conflicts, however the rest should stay intact. The purchasing or trading for the land should not even been an option.
brox

Postby Dale Jordal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 am

Grimm wrote:It's not only about the course. This will ruin also ruin a staple sledding hill in the CR area that everyone brings the kids to year after year......................

I understood that, I was just addressing the DG part, which might be the most difficult for the council to wrap their heads around. All arguments are important and should be brought up.

Another topic-
Sorry I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread...... but, did the sleding/sking area ever get put in down by the river near Bohemia town/village? When I lived in CR that was the land fill after the C-Street landfill closed ( now it is the C-street softball complex or at least it was in the late 70's when I left CR). This new land fill was called mount trashmore and I thoght the plan was to turn that into a sleding and sking area...just wondering if that ever happened -or is it still a landfill?
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Detra319 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Oldest vote in city history shot down the ski hill white water rafting mountain bike park that they wanted to put there. Flood of 08 made them repoen it and it is still going today...
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby KVN » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 pm

That trash heap is far above the tree lines
KVN

Postby peyton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 am

Don't forget the Park's Board meeting at 4pm at the Lowe Park building north of town on 10th St in Marion. We need as many people as possible to show up for support. Bushwhackers can leave before 5pm to get to league. If we don't have much support, we don't have much of a chance. You are not required to speak. Thanks
peyton

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids Club