sleepy hollow

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

sleepy hollow

Postby therealJT » Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm

The wife and I were biking thru the area and saw a basket on the old golf course and was wondering if anyone had any info.

does it cost?
is it regular "sleepy hollow" hours
rent a cart?

thanks
jason
therealJT

Postby Single L » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 am

Clue wrote:I'm pleased to announce that disc golf is coming to Sleepy Hollow sports complex on the east side of Des Moines. They are having an introductory tournament on Friday evening, May 11th at 6pm. It's open to anyone that wants to come, just email Max Kenkel at mxknkl@yahoo.com to reserve a spot. Please include name, email, and phone number. It will be limited to 90 players, first come first serve.

My understanding is they expect to have a permanent 9 on the east side of 4-mile creek where their old 9-hole golf course was in the near future. They plan on expanding to 18 maybe this fall or next spring using the ski hill area for the other 9. For the sake of this event we'll be playing a temp back nine. This was very loosely talked about so I'll confirm the details, but I think they're going to be offering a keg and some sandwiches for this event. They do sell beer and have an outdoor liquor license so please do NOT byob.

Anyone attending that can provide a basket please let me know. We'll need 9 of them.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby crazykrug » Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 am

Dave was telling me last night they postponed this.

Don't think the course is open yet.
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby therealJT » Wed May 23, 2012 10:10 pm

saw the post about the tourny and opening but no info was given. Having grown up just down the road from there it would be nice to play the course was just trying to find out if they would be charging to play and if they are closing it at the same time as the sports park.

keep us updated

jason
therealJT

Postby SARG27044 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Sleep hollow is open! Standing outside after paying. 3 bucks per day or 20 for season pass. 9 holes with baskets for the second 9 already purchased and going across the street on the hill when they have time.
SARG27044

sleepy hollow

Postby gvcc master » Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

GVCC just rolled thru the front 9, course was kew, cant wait for back nine up through the hills, and finishing throwing down the ski slope.
we all purchased season passes it will be sweet to have another course so close to home sssssssssss nice shooting sarg -10 (played nine twice)
gvcc master

Re: sleepy hollow

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 pm

gvcc master wrote:GVCC just rolled thru the front 9, course was kew, cant wait for back nine up through the hills, and finishing throwing down the ski slope.
we all purchased season passes it will be sweet to have another course so close to home sssssssssss nice shooting sarg -10 (played nine twice)
even ernie purchased season pass i call
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Re: sleepy hollow

Postby gvcc master » Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

you lost ur chip stack!
gvcc master

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 am

i only called so my chipstack i did not lose but what was in the pot i did sssssss blo me harold . what was it like mix of long and short sup fill us in
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:52 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:i only called so my chipstack i did not lose but what was in the pot i did sssssss blo me harold . what was it like mix of long and short sup fill us in
Fun course IMO. Plays along their old ball golf course. So the holes line up pretty well. Most baskets being close to their old greens.
Hole 1 about 330 pretty open with a path on the right side we played OB
2- 400ft with ob creek along the left side if you puss out a hyzer, plenty of room to bail out right
3-290ft pretty open (only problem with the course was having to throw this hole and walk back down fairway to 4)
4- 380ft OB path on left, straight ahead behind some trees (cool manicured fairway)
5- 350ft lefty dreamer. OB path on left, a dry creek that could be used as OB on right basket is tucked to the right around the corner
6- 380 or so... plays by the Renaissance fair grounds. Creek long if you bomb it. lazy righty hyzer
7- 260 tucked in a group of tree to the right. Flick, anhyzer, and even hyzer lines to the basket ( for a righty)
8. about 260... straight ahead thru a little tunnel, needs a little trim of a few branches, but I own this hole :lol: Ob creek if you throw it way past the basket.
9- about 280 straight shot over the creek, guardian trees on the right to block a lot of ace runs.

Had a lot of fun playing it. We couldnt wait to get back and pay for a season pass. Hopefully a lot of people will come out and show some support. Might even convince them to get the back nine in earlier. Grass tees right now.All the tees are on, if not close to the ball golf tees. I know they plan on concrete on the back, not sure about the front. 20 bucks gets you season pass, and entry into their tournament they plan on holding later this year. Im sure Ernie has pics on facebook of the course.

Not sure what the baskets were. Deep basket, 3 sets of chains...
SARG27044

doogie donkeying off chips

Postby gvcc master » Thu May 31, 2012 7:49 am

I thought u went all in.... oh well gonna crack u and make u retire again ssssssss u coming to card game on fri.?
gvcc master

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 am

thx tyler and if timmy isnt there maybe gary sssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 am

Im down to play here this weekend. Its a fun time, like for realz. Could spend most of the day out there. very relaxed, esp since not a lot of people know its there. Every hole is duecable, except I cant get hole 5 the 4 times I tried :cry: :lol:
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 am

ive played the ball golf there . prolly good terrain to play pick ur own teepad on the back nine
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby gvcc master » Thu May 31, 2012 2:47 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:thx tyler and if timmy isnt there maybe gary sssss
maybe he will be tired???
gvcc master

Next

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club