Pin Positions

Postby Conrad 37988 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Hamer wrote:
Conrad 37988 wrote:Why is 13 never in the long?

This statement is inaccurate. It was in the long from the middle of October until the middle of January.

It was getting dark the other night when Jason and I moved ten of the baskets on the course so we skipped hole thirteen. It will be moved in the near future.

Ok, so it is in the long when the days are the shortest, and when the weather is at it's coldest, but never during tournaments. I guess that makes sense.
Conrad 37988

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Its a sad day when 14" doesn't satisfy. :shock:
But, it looks AND runs better than ever killer. Just, when you have a small saw, the chains get duller faster. The stuff I'm really needing to cut up is bigger than you can wrap your arms around...I am working on it, but part or most of me wants me to enlist D Burns and his chainsaw
Wah Wah WAHHHHHH!

Also asking the city to drop off mucho mulch soon.
Buzzz Killington

Postby Hamer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 am

Conrad 37988 wrote:
Hamer wrote:

This statement is inaccurate. It was in the long from the middle of October until the middle of January.

It was getting dark the other night when Jason and I moved ten of the baskets on the course so we skipped hole thirteen. It will be moved in the near future.

Ok, so it is in the long when the days are the shortest, and when the weather is at it's coldest, but never during tournaments. I guess that makes sense.

Your question has already been answered here by two different people.

Here -
prodiscgolf wrote:Up until last fall, the anchor was missing - it got hit be one of the vehicles moving sand or mowing out there. We moved one of the practice pins out there so we could play it again. We need to remove some of those willows just in front of the pin so that there's a better landing area otherwise too many people will be in the river.

And here -
Hamer wrote:
This statement is inaccurate. It was in the long from the middle of October until the middle of January. It was getting dark the other night when Jason and I moved ten of the baskets on the course so we skipped hole thirteen. It will be moved in the near future.

This conversation is done. :D
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Andy, I have been heading out there with Captain's chainsaw a couple of mornings last and this week. Is there anyway I could mark trees so yous guys could do some solo work? When I asked Jeff and the city about doing the things I want to do, they both added some chores for me =)
This 14" Craftsman isn't cutting it. Captain did mention something about carving up the tree on 6 into stools (like what we had before the flood) for each teepad. Any other trees/debris can be cut into 6' sections and I'll move them soon!

I am usually out there working in the day. I can certainly help out. I just need a chainsaw.

Thank you for helping out there on the course Marty. The Peninsula is a huge park and it takes a lot of people and lot of hard work to keep it looking great. When are you going to be out there with your skid loader?
Hamer

Postby Conrad 37988 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Hamer wrote:
Conrad 37988 wrote:
Hamer wrote:

Your question has already been answered here by two different people.

Here -
prodiscgolf wrote:Up until last fall, the anchor was missing - it got hit be one of the vehicles moving sand or mowing out there. We moved one of the practice pins out there so we could play it again. We need to remove some of those willows just in front of the pin so that there's a better landing area otherwise too many people will be in the river.

And here -
Hamer wrote:
This statement is inaccurate. It was in the long from the middle of October until the middle of January. It was getting dark the other night when Jason and I moved ten of the baskets on the course so we skipped hole thirteen. It will be moved in the near future.

This conversation is done. :D

Those are not answers, but I am gonna drop it, you are obviously offended.
Conrad 37988

Postby jnecessary » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm

hugs all around
:roll:
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 pm

IHearChains wrote:
IHearChains wrote:
Hamer wrote:Hole six will not be moved until the tree is cleaned up from the fairway.

Done. I left the main trunk where it lies, but it is otherwise clear and ready for play. I will be happy to move the basket if anyone will lend me a key. The deadfall on hole 5 is also cut up but the stuff still needs to be dragged off.

Has anyone moved the 6 basket yet? I will be happy to do it, but I need a key.

:)
IHearChains

Postby jnecessary » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:47 pm

IHearChains wrote:
IHearChains wrote:
IHearChains wrote:
Hamer wrote:Hole six will not be moved until the tree is cleaned up from the fairway.

Done. I left the main trunk where it lies, but it is otherwise clear and ready for play. I will be happy to move the basket if anyone will lend me a key. The deadfall on hole 5 is also cut up but the stuff still needs to be dragged off.

Has anyone moved the 6 basket yet? I will be happy to do it, but I need a key.

:)

I love being subbed to this thread.

As far as I know, Harper is still the keeper of the keys. I haven't had time to do this, or play. Maybe I should turn my key in for someone that is more likely to do some shifting of baskets as I've been bad at it in 2012.
jnecessary

Postby Buzzz Killington » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:28 am

One thing I've noticed Kurt is that VC (not the Viet Cong!) runs tournaments aimed towards the new and casual players. They typically attract a full field. Pin positions are usually shorter with a tendency for the flick, not always. While the truly talented don't benefit as much, Vicious goes to great extent to get amatuer players involved in tournaments that are challenging, but not so much that you're looking for and losing discs. They pay out a long ways down the boards, more than any TD I've ever seen. This isn't so great if you're number #1, but you can see how it would be good for business. I personally love par 4's for the separation factor. I'll be cleaning up that area soon (this month?) to make it more playable in the long, you will DEFINATELY see it more this year than the last few.

I'd trust either of yous guys to make thoughtful pin location choices. Jim, I think you need to start playing disc like polo, where you throw from mountain bike :D

Just got an email back from the Parks and Rec Super....working out details involving a 501C3 (charitable donation) and where to dump 100 yards or so of mulch so that it would not block the road for any length of time, and not cause soil compaction going to and fro picking it up. I'll be painting red X's on dead trees when I'm out this weekend to be cut up if anyone is willing!
Buzzz Killington

Postby Hamer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:38 pm

I have a crew of guys that are willing to help move baskets this year.
It has been discussed for a long time that a three to four week rotation would be good.
There will be no baskets stuck in long or short positions in 2012.
We have red tee pads and blue tee pads and two basket locations which means that we have 72 hole possibilities.
There is no excuse for any basket on the course to stay in one position for six months.
Variety is the spice of life!

Please, if anyone else is willing to join the basket moving crew, private message me your information and we will be in touch with you.
We will always welcome more assistance.
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 am

Jason and I moved six and seventeen to the long positions last night.

The current layout is:
1-B-Long
2-B-Long
3-B-Short
4-B-Short
5-A-Short
6-A-Long
7-A-Long
8-A-Short
9-A-Long
10-B-Long
11-A-Short
12-A-Long
13-B-Short
14-B-Long
15-B-Short
16-A-Long
17-A-Long
18-B-Long
Hamer

Postby jnecessary » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:35 am

Sweet, 3 strokes harder I'd guess!
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:38 am

jnecessary wrote:Sweet, 3 strokes harder I'd guess!

jnecessary

Postby Furniss » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Shot a 63 from blues yesterday tying marty...course is looking great...one pin could be moved away from the water a bit so marty doesn't lose another disc lol
Furniss

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Yeah, busted. Landed on green, fell in brown.
Buzzz Killington

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park