HELP Needed for NORWALK course

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:55 pm

Thanks Jason, What I am planning is starting tonight if weather permits, then by the way they are talking (rain) I am hoping on starting again Fri. night after work at around 4:00. Then working all day Saturday starting around 9:00 (I'll probaly start alittle earler and working as late as I can. Then hitting it again Sunday morning, Im not sure how long I'll work because its my fathers b-day and I'm hoping he comes over for supper. If you want to contact me call me at 208-6134, (Gary) Tuesday after work I'll go to town to p/u some 2x4s for the end of the forms and trash can pads so I sould have everything there and ready.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:53 pm

GREAT Digging tonight, I started at 3:30 with a spade and a bobcat and by 6:45 I have completed digging through hole 8 (12 pads) plus 3 10x4 pads for the benches. I have 4 more pads to go and 3 more bench pads to go also 3 4x4 pads for trash cans. If by chanch we dont get rain tomorrow I will complete the digging, if not will finish up Friday night. Then start forming and lets hope start pouring Saturday
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:37 pm

Looks great, Gary! I saw how far you got... Man!

We gonna play a few rounds Sunday night or what?!?! :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby therealJT » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:52 pm

the forecast isn't looking so great for the weekend. do you still plan on being out there. give me a call and let me know.

jason
therealJT

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:59 pm

It may be a "wait n see" situation... Gary, you have my # in case you need it.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:30 pm

The last several days I've been watching some guys digging in the park. I figured they were city workers...maybe gonna plant some trees or put some benches in...Last evening I'm walking my dog and I'm right next to the entrance to the shelter kinda wondering why they would put a bench in right where my dog likes to...well, you know.

I get to looking at the shape of everything and I sez to myself, 'That looks like a tee for disc golf'...hmm...I go to the DM disc golf website (since thats where I find all my course info)...search around and...what the...you gotta be kiddin' me...holy cow...THEY'RE BUILDING A DISC GOLF COURSE IN MY BACK YARD! WOO HOO!

(I consider Windflower Park to be my backyard. I claim it, the rest of you feel free to use it...Just clean up after yourselves ) :wink:

After reading this thread I feel bad about just now finding out cause I've always thought it would be a nice place for a disc golf course. I wish I woulda said something. I want to thank everyone that put this together and those that are helping with the installation. I'll keep my eyes open this weekend and if you all are working when i'm home I'll wander by to help.

Send me an e-mail and I'll get you a TN...I'm available to help most evenings and afternoons...

Matt
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:17 pm

Matt, thanks for the kind words! :P

Even moreso though - we could really use your help with pouring concrete, man! We were hoping to be working tomorrow morning, but it sounds like that may be put off - but consider yourself "on-call" now. Keep your eyes open for cement (from your back porch to yoru back yard), and if so - we'll need extra hands to get it done. Concrete takes a few people to pour, swipe off the excess, smooth, then texture, etc... Any hands we can get to help out will be awesome!

Get us a TN? Just call myself @ 779-8854 & offer up the help, brotha!! We'll need it! :D :wink:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:11 am

I sent a private message with my TN...now I'm officially "on-call"

It's obvious there will be no cement poured today. Tomorrow - maybe...Spring in Iowa.

I'll be there to help. I figure this is something that is literally in my back yard so I feel obligated to lend a hand, especially when it's asked for.

Anybody else that has offered to help please call the number in the post above...I know they can use the help.
mattmelcher

Postby therealJT » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:46 pm

well its looking like a course. cant wait to play it.

jason
therealJT

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:55 am

definitely... Gary got all the concrete sites graveled & full ready to pour this weekend, It's taking shape.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Cydisc » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 am

Is this the park?
Cydisc

Postby mattmelcher » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:16 am

that's the park - this picture is a little dated - I'll be interested to see how the holes flow - I walked it the other day and I think I got most of it - Hopefully the weather clears up and we can get going with the contrete...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby grodney » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:28 am

If I tilt my head to the left, I can't stop laughing.
grodney

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:56 am

Now that's funny... :lol:
SpikeHyzer

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:32 am

way to go rodney... :roll:

It is funny though.
##39027
ghstinshll

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club