Discmania FD (Jackal)

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Discmania FD (Jackal)

Postby anubis080 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 pm

So, my initial thoughts on this disc:

Bought at my local proshop, Iron Lion

175g, S-line, red with white stamp. Small dome with flat top at apex.

Rim is very comfortable and has some depth to it so it feels solid in the hand. Rim width is less than that of a fairway driver, more like a hybrid between midrange and fairway with this. Definitely blunt nose.

With a tailwind, literally drops in a straight line, and just keeps gliding. I would say the glide is similar to the Meteor, and keeps pushing like one as well. Speed didn't feel quite like a speed 7, but that might be just because it glides so much; felt between a 6 and 7.

Definitely cannot handle a headwind, very squirrely, even on a hyzer line.

With a left to right wind (9 o'clock) it had a persistent anhyzer on it, never did come out of it, but was not squirrely; just gradually trailed out.

With a right to left wind (3 o'clock) it was predictably straight.

I would see this disc shining in wooded play, or shots that are dead straight. I maxed it out around 350' or so with a tailwind. If you put OAT on it, it will not be forgiving. Finesse disc for sure, likes a good snap on it as opposed to powering it out there.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby anubis080 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 am

Tested it at Middle Park today, worked just like it should:

Since it is low wind out there, and some narrow fairways, I thought I would get out and give it few throws this morning, played 1-7 with just the FD.

On 1-3, the disc kept whichever line I put it on. A slight anny would mean it would stay on that slight anny for 90% of the flight.

4-5 are a little longer, so I put it on a hyzer and watched it flip to a little bit of an anny still, but predictable.

6, 60% power anny, landed 60' from the pin to the left.

And on 7, just a gentle hyzer-to-straight.

Still hold my opinion that it is a great finesse disc that can't handle a ton of power behind it. Great for narrow fairways and holding lines; works well for low ceiling as well since it has so much glide.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Return to The Rest