course work

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Saw some pics on the "book", hole six looked Stibal inspired and bad ass, also saw Stiers' revampted bridge on 16, also BA, what other things did you work on?
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby AO » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:34 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:Saw some pics on the "book", hole six looked Stibal inspired and bad ass, also saw Stiers' revampted bridge on 16, also BA, what other things did you work on?

7A and 7B tees complete
course mulched
6 elevated
and 4 and 5 will have a retaining wall around the basket. I think they are working on finishing 5 today

I think we came close to using all 9 pallets of bricks(405)
Thanks again mattw!
AO

Postby AO » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Hammy, Frog and crew today...

#5 completed
#4 is now an anhyzer and green was built. Mulch needed.
#2 think they are working on elevating the basket right now.
AO

Postby jnecessary » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Love that Shaver is doing a complete 180 in the last year or so. Sounds like more and more people are pitching in to work, awesome!
jnecessary

Postby Conrad 37988 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:27 pm

7:30 and still at it.
Conrad 37988

Re: 3/10/12

Postby natohammy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:48 pm

natohammy wrote:In no order thanks to clay nohr chase doug kaulkbrener yank frog ao conrad spang davis howell robins for showing up today. def could have been a disaster had everyone not came out and decided to bust ass like they did. cant wait to play that shit! ps, my apologies to any ones name that i might have mis-spelled and more so to anyone who showed that i might have forgotten. (im fukn whooped)
just wanted to add to my list from yesterday one that i completely missed like i knew i would do with someone, at least i wasnt around him for much over twenty seconds so i have an excuse, make things worse i dont know his last name but thanks alot to Jeff as well for coming to give a hand. as for today, thanks a shit ton to conrad and frog and nohr, awesome day again. :) damn fun weekend!
natohammy

Postby natohammy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:00 pm

hole two needs filled with about a half-three quarters yard of dirt (seven to eight wheel barrels), tamped , pin re-dug and concreted in, and then mulched preferably by mid week at latest so as to not upset the city, ill be out of town and would extremely appreciate it if someone would get in touch with frog and work something out to give him a hand or do it yourself or whatever so whats been started can be considered completed. also, #5 needs probably eight to ten barrels of mulch and then that can be checked off as completed as well. id recommend if someone goes to backfill #2s wall taking your fill dirt from those first set of steps area on #3 strategically so that way we'll have less hand work in the near future making those steps more convenient and clean in sloppy conditions. thanks to whom ever gets the hair up there ass to get that shit done.
natohammy

Re: 3/10/12

Postby Detra319 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 am

natohammy wrote:
natohammy wrote:In no order thanks to clay nohr chase doug kaulkbrener yank frog ao conrad spang davis howell robins for showing up today. def could have been a disaster had everyone not came out and decided to bust ass like they did. cant wait to play that shit! ps, my apologies to any ones name that i might have mis-spelled and more so to anyone who showed that i might have forgotten. (im fukn whooped)
just wanted to add to my list from yesterday one that i completely missed like i knew i would do with someone, at least i wasnt around him for much over twenty seconds so i have an excuse, make things worse i dont know his last name but thanks alot to Jeff as well for coming to give a hand. as for today, thanks a shit ton to conrad and frog and nohr, awesome day again. :) damn fun weekend!

Jeff Beckelheimer I am assuming from the pictures.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby peyton » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Great job on the course, looks good from the pictures. Hole 5 has always needed to be tied in. Sorry I couldn't be there to help, life got in the way. Don't forget to thank Matt for those landscaping bricks. Glad to see so many people showed up to help.
peyton

Postby mattw » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Love the pics guys. Great work on the walls. Showed some of the people at work the pictures they thought it all looked nicely done. My favorite was the shot of the teepad surround looking up the fairway one of the guys asked how do you not hit the trees. I told him I havent figured that out yet but when I do I will let him Know. :oops:
mattw

Postby BigD » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 pm

i can help this week might need a ride though
BigD

Postby JBOCK » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 am

haven't played here since last summer and with the pics I saw on f b last night it looks like I'll be coming back really soon. Great work guys !
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby AO » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Just got off the phone with the Cedar Rapids Parks Director, Daniel Gibbons, and loves the detail oriented hard work and wanted me to thank everyone!
AO

Postby brox » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:28 am

Quick suggestion:

Old hole 17 (basket by the creek). Ive been knocked unconscious by a disc sitting on that bench a year or two ago. Just saying a backstop on the backside of the bench or something couldnt hurt.

Other then that, love the course. By far my favorite for CR.
brox

Postby Conrad 37988 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 am

brox wrote:Quick suggestion:

Old hole 17 (basket by the creek). Ive been knocked unconscious by a disc sitting on that bench a year or two ago. Just saying a backstop on the backside of the bench or something couldnt hurt.

Other then that, love the course. By far my favorite for CR.

Start building it then.
Conrad 37988

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park