Shoe for shoe.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 am

zappos
GDL17921

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:00 pm

My 2 scents...I've got 7 years of torn up shoes worth discussing here. Early on I decided waterproofing would be a good idea, playing Bushwhackers PLUS sucking hard. I started with Berk clogs, then Garmont, Merrills, Salomon, and am still wearing Vasque. Minus the leather clogs, nothing lasted more than 10 mo. of steady discin. And to pay $90-130 every tenth month is out of the question. So here's what I disc-covered...
Waterproof= waste of cash. You'll want it MAYBE 5x a year. When it really pours rain, those same waterproof shoes FILL UP with water so you've a nice swimming pool for your feet. You're better off finding a breathing shoe (mostly for tha stank, but also to evaporate/drain water when you do have to get wet). Also, you can't wash waterproof shoes with detergent or soap.
Zappos= awesome! I think all shoes are guaranteed for 1 yr. So when your expensive-ass shoes fall apart, they next-day ship you brand new ones BEFORE you even send in the old ones. You can even get different shoes in the exchange. So this is like paying $130 for 2 pairs, which is reasonable to me.
All Shoes= Long-term cant handle the amount of pivotting on rough terrain, wetting and drying, and being embedded with dirt every game. Also take some time to maintain yo shitz. Outsoles are usually the first to go, and basically, superglue was how they were attached in the first place.
My Advice= find something comfortable, that fits true to your foot (very important!) Vasque and New Balance are 2 of the few brands to sell shoes in width. Measure your feet standing up! Also get a shoe that isn't stiff in the midsection, being as you'll be pushing off your toes quite regularly. Keep in mind that certain styles of shoe displace your weight in different ways (i.e. running shoes move the weight forward onto your toes). There are also shoes designed to correct your foot posture to neutral, rather than supponated or pronated (simply put, placing more weight on either side of your foot as you walk). Check out the outsoles of your old kicks. Note where the wear spots are. That's what disc golf is doing to your posture, adjust accordingly.

P.S. Vasque sizes run large. Go 1/2 size smaller.
Last edited by Buzzz Killington on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzz Killington

Postby The Donator » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 pm

GDL17921 wrote:zappos

Yep, found a great pair of TNF's on there for this season, thanks
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 pm

One other mildly important tidbit;
New Balance are the only athletic shoe still manufactured in the US.
Buzzz Killington

assembled in the u.s of a.

Postby mkurtz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:43 am

on the web, the last NB's i purchased had 'assembled in the us" on the particular model i choose, so i dont know if this is true for every new balance shoe. GREAT point non the less^^
blizzards and wizards
mkurtz

Re: Shoe for shoe.

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

RAVE: Innov8 Roclite 295.
I was a little weird about golfing in cleats. It's been awesome. They're coated in slip-resistantance which has been a notable plus, and a toe rand is always important. They've lasted all season and are still going. Partly due to the meta-shanks that are embedded in the midsole that let them flex side to side unlike any other shoe I've seen/worn.

Only cons have been they accept sand like a moist vag and the cleats w/ slip-resist don't play well (too grippy) on fly pads. I also need to point out that its very possible these have lasted so long due to the shoe dryer I bought this year. Peet dryer. Worth the $30.
Last edited by Buzzz Killington on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzz Killington

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:01 am

Got my 1st pair of Keens this year. Love them! I like the toe cover design. They have held up good so far. One thing I usually do is rotate 2 pairs. Seems to help them last longer.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Just ordered another pair of nike wildhorse trail running shoes. Got the gortex ones last month and can't stop wearing them around the house. They are super light and fit like gloves. Tread seems as if they'll grip anything but curious to see how they hold up on the tee.
Last edited by 3x state champ runner up on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 am

i bought a pair of targhee IIs about a week ago and i'm enjoying them so far. doubt i'll use them in good conditions on the course as i prefer cheap nike hightops, but i could see myself using them when its a little wet out.
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Previous

Return to Stuff