Team 2012

Moderator: peyton

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm

tufluk wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
Captain wrote:
Detra319 wrote: moving to memphis tuesday morning.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

moving for good?

We are going down for two weeks right now, and then depending on how things work out with my 8 year old, we will come back for a month and finish our school terms, then we will go down for the next 4 months. My girlfriend and the 5 month old wont be coming back for at least 6 months. My baby eli was diagnosed with pinealblastoma, a form of brain cancer. St judes in memphis has the best care for him, so we are going there.

Wanna think shit is tough? Find out friday you are going tuesday 550 miles away and u dont know if u r going to come back. Bah dunno why i posted all this shit, maybe a bit deep for an online disc golf forum :/

Not a bit too deep. One doesn't know if he can hit a curve ball until life throws you one. It's not easy to deal with challenges, but knowing others care what happens can make the burden a bit lighter.
I hope things go as well as they can.
well said
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Grimm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Grimm wrote:
Potter wrote:
AO wrote:Wondering if everyone would together after work around 5:00pm Friday the night before Team States. I was thinking Primetime for a couple beers and food. Anyone can show up....Team Urbana. I will only stay out for a little bit. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm also wondering if our team wants to take 2 vehicles? Possibly meet at the gas station off the Swisher exit.

I'm down for grabbing a couple beers Friday before we take off. 2 cars for sure for the trip to the tournament

I can get a suburban or possibly a 4 door truck.

Suburban is out unless a new one is bought within the next couple weeks. That thing is messed up and I'm sure there are slivers of glass up and down both arms now. Don't crawl around wrecked vehicles if you don't have to.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Grimm wrote:
Grimm wrote:
Potter wrote:
AO wrote:Wondering if everyone would together after work around 5:00pm Friday the night before Team States. I was thinking Primetime for a couple beers and food. Anyone can show up....Team Urbana. I will only stay out for a little bit. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm also wondering if our team wants to take 2 vehicles? Possibly meet at the gas station off the Swisher exit.

I'm down for grabbing a couple beers Friday before we take off. 2 cars for sure for the trip to the tournament

I can get a suburban or possibly a 4 door truck.

Suburban is out unless a new one is bought within the next couple weeks. That thing is messed up and I'm sure there are slivers of glass up and down both arms now. Don't crawl around wrecked vehicles if you don't have to.

Great, Is it too late to switch doubles partners? Oh, are you ok? No worries on the ride. The wife said we can use the van, it's an 8 passenger but it would fit four and all our gear quite well, plus we'll have room for the trophy!

Speaking of trophy, there should be a whack off trophy and some monies yet to be delivered, any word dsm?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm fine. I was crawling through afterward looking for stuff. Just didn't pay attention that all the windows are busted out.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Grimm wrote:I'm fine. I was crawling through afterward looking for stuff. Just didn't pay attention that all the windows are busted out.

Is everyone involved ok?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:
Grimm wrote:I'm fine. I was crawling through afterward looking for stuff. Just didn't pay attention that all the windows are busted out.

Is everyone involved ok?

yea.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Grimm wrote:

Is everyone involved ok?

yea.

Good. We almost got hit by lightning on the way home from dinner tonight. We were heading east on 76th by the dg course when the power lines on the north side of the road lit up greener than the lantern. I've been pushing the keys on the iPad using only my brain all night!
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 am

Grimm wrote:

Is everyone involved ok?

yea.

Good. We almost got hit by lightning on the way home from dinner tonight. We were heading east on 76th by the dg course when the power lines on the north side of the road lit up greener than the lantern. I've been pushing the keys on the iPad using only my brain all night!

LMAO. Plus that course on 76th can't be considered a course.
Grimm

Postby Potter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 am

Grimm wrote:LMAO. Plus that course on 76th can't be considered a course.

Especially because 2 of the baskets were stolen...
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 am

DO NOT VACUUM UP BROKEN AUTO GLASS

I was put in that spot once. Broke out in hives/tiny lesions all over. The glass particles become airborne through the vacuum exhaust. Of course it was a old upright Red Devil...
Buzzz Killington

Postby Detra319 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:DO NOT VACUUM UP BROKEN AUTO GLASS

I was put in that spot once. Broke out in hives/tiny lesions all over. The glass particles become airborne through the vacuum exhaust. Of course it was a old upright Red Devil...

Ha that sucks...never seen that before, and trust me, my dumb ass has broken many car windows working on cars in my life.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby AO » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Meet at Primetime this Friday around 6pm for dinner and a couple beers. We can discuss when and where we leave from and I can get everyone's entry $.
AO

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Weather forecast for Saturday "perfect" so says tv 9.

Can't freakin wait
3x state champ runner up

Postby peyton » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:51 am

I can't be there Friday night, I have family obligations. I am driving Saturday and have room for two more.
peyton

Postby AO » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm going to be driving now if anyone is interested in going with me. You will need to ride home with one of the other guys though. Staying in Des Moines Saturday night.
AO

Previous

Return to Cedar Rapids Club