Des Moines Team

Des Moines area leagues

Moderator: Single L

Postby rightcunnin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 am

My BW rating is waaay better than my PDGA rating so please use it :D

If you do go by ratings I think my was 952 at the last update. I haven't renewed so I can't check. If it's tryouts I'm in. I've got the weekend off for the tourney so I'm hoping to play. Also, if you do tryouts I've got Thurdays and Fridays off if anyone needs a witness for their tryout rounds.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Discgo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:24 am

rightcunnin wrote:My BW rating is waaay better than my PDGA rating so please use it :D

If you do go by ratings I think my was 952 at the last update. I haven't renewed so I can't check. If it's tryouts I'm in. I've got the weekend off for the tourney so I'm hoping to play. Also, if you do tryouts I've got Thurdays and Fridays off if anyone needs a witness for their tryout rounds.
would you be there on time? :D
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby The Donator » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 am

I guess I don't understand why people hate tryouts or are against the idea so much. I would think a month+ is plenty of time to get out at least once to try out, if tryouts are allowed this year or whatever. Seems to have worked well in the past, just get out for a couple hours on a day with 2 other witnesses and play, no need to set aside a specific day or weekend. After the top 3-4 guys, the talent is so close and deep in DSM that over a dozen people could fill in the last few spots on the #1 team and it wouldn't affect the outcome (1st place obv) at all. Or people could submit resumes to the captain or whoever decides the players as well.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 am

Im not against tryouts, its fair....It can be tough for some people who work odd hours, are getting married, having kids, ect... TBH, there are about 8 guys that came to mind who have always/ are playing great. In no particular order: Duden, Ern, Claring, Whitson, Clue, Fausch, Tanner, and our newest transplant/current Ice Bowl Champ Albert. And I have a feeling atleast two of those guys would be pulling out or wouldnt be available. That is not the final lineup my no means...Just names that came to mind. People like Lindsley and Scooter, have been on the championship teams the past 2 years and have proven they can bring in the points. Then there is Mikal, Weaver, T squared, Foust, Rusty, Joe, Beery, Jamie, Steve...ect (Sorry if I left anybody out) that can put up a hot round at anytime. Minus 2 guys (ern and duden) its looking like the BW's have just about everything we need..Unless im missing someone :? Please let me know if you would be interested and Ill start a list
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 am

z-man wrote:
irban wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:I am game...but probably too shitty to make any team.

On a side note...where did leaf move to?

Followed is love, or his little head?, to California. Can't recall where.

Bad Idea...I'm officially heading back at the end of March (side-note)

I'm gonna have to see a flop :lol:
GDL17921

Postby shane » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:53 am

a guy can't get any respect around here.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 am

shane wrote:a guy can't get any respect around here.
:lol: I knew I left some guys off....Did it on purpose :wink:
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

z-man wrote:
irban wrote:

Believe it when I see it. :roll: :lol:
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am

The Donator wrote:I guess I don't understand why people hate tryouts or are against the idea so much. I would think a month+ is plenty of time to get out at least once to try out, if tryouts are allowed this year or whatever.
And its come to my attention that we wont have as near as much time to put two teams together as we thought. Its filling up fast, max 9 teams, and there are already 3-4 teams in, a few that werent even being counted when the original max 9 teams were posted. Only way this will work is to hand pick, unless everyone gets out today and throws....just sayin
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am

GDL17921 wrote:
z-man wrote:
irban wrote:

NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby z-man » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 am

Buzzznation wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
z-man wrote:
irban wrote:

Accepted a job at EMC today. So you'll be seeing me around the beginning of April (Start date is April 2nd). Now I just have to work out the logistics of moving two cats halfway across the country...(sorry for the thread drift)
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Beerman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Only those on the outside want to have tryouts. We all know who the best players are and taking anyone that tried out great is still likely to lay an egg at the tourney. Take the better player and roll with it.

The sooner you decide this the sooner the rest of the state teams can go running away with their tails tucked. Then we can put together 4 des moines teams and we can all get participation ribbons.
Beerman

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 pm

nice thought Dave, what you're overlooking is that the format lends itself to anybody to win. I already have 4 teams locked in - not including Cedar Rapids who I'm sure will bring at least 2, QC bringing at least 2, Ames is already working on one - which leaves room for no other teams. Who gets in will depend on who gets me a roster. I will be turning the 10th team away.
GDL17921

Postby Discgo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I am taking the captain duty for DM3. Anyone is welcome to try out. Try outs will be held at the crack tomorrow night and will consist of flipping discs to figure out who's who...

Oh, and thanks for the respect ^^^ :D
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 pm

ill be there flippn i hope gloooooooooowwwwwwwwww
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines