Des Moines Team

Des Moines area leagues

Moderator: Single L

Des Moines Team

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:36 pm

I would be glad to take the reigns of captain, leaving myself off both rosters to avoid any controversy. However, if no one else wants to step in and take control of the teams, it will be done my way (the best way) :lol:

Team 1: Would obviously consist of THE best players in the area, chosen by current pdga ratings, no freakin tryouts. I would go down the list from top rated, down. If one of the people selected can not commit, I would move to the next person on the list til we have 8.

Team 2: Tryouts would not be a bad idea here. Two rounds at a course TBD later (probably Ewing), with the BEST 8 scores used to form that team...

What say you? I know some will complain that they deserve to be on a team. But guess what, IDC :wink:
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm

guess that puts me off team one :D :D
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:guess that puts me off team one :D :D
Im pretty sure we can all agree that we would be honored to have you on team 1. I think we all have you in the top 5 or better, of players in the area. I typed that up in about 2 min between cleaning and helping customers. I should have said most recent pdga rating, knowing not everyone is current at the time....
Last edited by SARG27044 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 pm

thx pat i figured i just get this thread poppin sssss og lunch break yesss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm

This wont be the same team as in the past either, former staples like Greenleaf (moved away) and the on the fence people like Clue (said he may not be available) have opened up possibilites for others.....
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 pm

greenleafs gone already yesssssssss no more card games w him heheheheh
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby shane » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Tyler while you were typing this up I was texting Jay saying that they should take the top 16 ratings with the exception of Duden and putting him on team 1 save yourself the headache and just do it that way. If one cant do it go to the next.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm

I am game...but probably too shitty to make any team.

On a side note...where did leaf move to?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby irban » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:I am game...but probably too shitty to make any team.

Followed is love, or his little head?, to California. Can't recall where.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 pm

shane wrote:Tyler while you were typing this up I was texting Jay saying that they should take the top 16 ratings with the exception of Duden and putting him on team 1 save yourself the headache and just do it that way. If one cant do it go to the next.
this was my first thought....and it would be much easier to do than tryouts in the limited time we have. If i set aside a certain time period to do tryouts, somebody would say they cant play between those dates...ect. as in previous years tryouts seem to be the biggest headache. Wether its finding a couple witnesses, or setting aside a certain time to be on the course, ect. I was mostly trying to get suggestions on what people thought. This is where i would prefer to lean....
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Im down of course, havent had a rating for years, but whatever you decide is cool if you are running it.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:20 pm

The Donator wrote:Im down of course, havent had a rating for years, but whatever you decide is cool if you are running it.
using pdga ratings was a bad idea for all selections. I will be looking at bushwhacker, league averages, and pdga ratings, hell even the throwdown top performers to make selections. And i would gladly bow down if someone else wanted to do this. I just jumped on it cause i hadnt heard from anyone else. Pdga ratings do give the best idea of who performs on a consistent basis tho, esp those who play 20 rated rounds a year for example...but like i said before, not everyone is a pdga memeber, and they shouldnt be excluded because they dont pay them money. I want the best of the best, period. I wont be making the choices by myself. It will be a consensus from people i talk to....
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:33 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
The Donator wrote:Im down of course, havent had a rating for years, but whatever you decide is cool if you are running it.
using pdga ratings was a bad idea for all selections. I will be looking at bushwhacker, league averages, and pdga ratings, hell even the throwdown top performers to make selections. And i would gladly bow down if someone else wanted to do this. I just jumped on it cause i hadnt heard from anyone else. Pdga ratings do give the best idea of who performs on a consistent basis tho, esp those who play 20 rated rounds a year for example...but like i said before, not everyone is a pdga memeber, and they shouldnt be excluded because they dont pay them money. I want the best of the best, period. I wont be making the choices by myself. It will be a consensus from people i talk to....

Im down with this idea. Ratings are clearly the most finite way of declaring the team and really takes any sort of bias out of it. That being said its hard taking the human element out of it as well, but I gotta think Jay, Tyler, Shaner etc will have a pretty good handle on this. I am fine with whatever decisions are made. There are plenty of players in the area that are more than capable of putting a beat down on any of our in state rivals.
discgolfduval

Postby z-man » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 pm

irban wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:I am game...but probably too shitty to make any team.

Followed is love, or his little head?, to California. Can't recall where.

Bad Idea...I'm officially heading back at the end of March (side-note)
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

shane wrote:Tyler while you were typing this up I was texting Jay saying that they should take the top 16 ratings with the exception of Duden and putting him on team 1 save yourself the headache and just do it that way. If one cant do it go to the next.
lol put me where ya want me
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Next

Return to Des Moines