Current Condition

Current Condition

Postby Roughknite » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:34 pm

How is this course's current condition? My girlfriend, a friend and I are all going up to Coralville for Anime Iowa but we are going over there a day early specifically to play this course, so I was just wondering if it's worth it?
Roughknite

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 pm

despite the fact that hole 10 and 11 are closed and the course is usually crowded with groups (but they know what playing through means and realize when people are playing faster than them, most of the time) in the late afternoon and evening, turkey creek is a fun course. not a lot of really big shots, some good short tech shots though. good condition, has stairs in places, big teepads, elevated pins and walled pins, lots of little things that make a course cool

it's worth a play. i usually go there on saturday mornings to play, so maybe we'll see you. sugar bottom will challenge you a bit more and is just a stones throw away

it's not muddy, we haven't had real rain in awhile, so no worries about that. the rough is actually pretty forgiving for a woodsy course thanks to the number of people that play it and the paths that are cut through the thicket by people looking for their discs. teesigns are always updated, so you'll know where you are throwing. has bathrooms and stuff, vending machines, benches

check out its entry on dgcr, if you want more reviews + pictures, hole lengths, and pretty much all the info you need

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=826
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Roughknite » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 am

Ooo we might do sugar bottom as well, thanks for the tip about it. We are going to prob. be playing on the 28th, we are coming down a day early before Anime Iowa at the Coralville Marriott.
Roughknite

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:42 pm

3/3/12. Pads clean (not me), fun snow cover. It was really dense so you could throw on the smooth parts and slide over the top for miles. Only one shot buried. Two baskets on 4, 15.
Buzzz Killington

Re: Current Condition

Postby Hamer » Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 pm

The baskets are back in on hole #10 and hole #11. The Army Corps have even taken down the orange fence that was blocking the entrance to those holes. Please use the devices that they have put in place to keep your shoes clean and from spreading around the invasive plants. The course was mowed today and it looked excellent.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby medicinal funk » Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm

garlic mustard seeds. sounds tasty
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Hamer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Jason and I cleaned up the tree that was down on the path when you walk to hole #3. We then moved the tree that was down in the middle of the fairway that was in the throwing line.
We cut down the thorn bushes that were in the putting circle on hole #10. We used a weed eater to clean up that area.

Andy
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Return to Coralville - Turkey Creek