Mulligan aces....do they count?

Learn to throw from local experts.

Mulligan aces....do they count?

Postby JBOCK » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:34 pm

I mean this in a friendly round by yourself or with a few buddies. Or in tournaments when mills can be bought.... Do you still count it as an ACE?
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby Cydisc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Whatever your conscience allows.
Cydisc

Postby Schirm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm

I've had 3 mully aces and zero real aces...in a casual round, I won't let myself call it an ace unless its my 1st shot on the hole...mullys are only practice.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Viking, Pig, Buzzz, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby jnecessary » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:13 am

Aces aren't that big of a deal, but throwing one in on a second tee shot still kicks ass. If you are talkin' up aces it isn't some big embarrassment to be like.."no real aces, but I did can #7 at so-and-so course on a mulligan"

Oddly, all my "aces" are legit, no matter how many discs I empty trying to throw one in, it just never happens. Even a hole like 1 at Sugar Bottom, I bet I've thrown a dozen shots from my bag, dozens of times...never stuck it when trying to.
jnecessary

Postby Detra319 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Yes they count since its in your head anyway. I have had 3 different second drive aces and they all felt just as good as the real thing :D
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Aces

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Does it still count if you leave the park without the disc. True story. Threw one in on #9 at Pete Crivaro and proceeded to throw five or six more shots at it. Then I walked up and picked up all of the discs off the ground and headed for the car. Didn't realize I left it in the basket until a couple of days later when I was getting stuff together for a tournament. The worst part was that it was the 2nd ACE I had with that disc, so I am sure the rec player that ended up with it got to see the writing on the bottom from the first one before they decided to keep it anyway. I am way over it now, but at the time I was beyond pissed at my own dumbass move. :lol: :cry: :x 8) .
DLCdisc

Postby Schirm » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 pm

jnecessary wrote:Aces aren't that big of a deal

Easy for you to say...you have one :lol:

I must say tho, it didn't feel that good when I've canned a disc on a 2nd (or 10th) shot. Except the skip fake ace on #1 at pickard...that one got me slightly pumped.

Either way, I'm gonna Fkn get one this year! And I'm gonna post the shizz out of it!
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Viking, Pig, Buzzz, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby GDL17921 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm

if by do they count you mean will I give you $5, then no, they don't count.
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Either the shot counts or it doesn't. If it doesn't then it's just practice.
Clue

Postby Nohr » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:07 pm

no
Nohr

Postby z-man » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 pm

If you wanna get paid for hitting it, it's gonna half to be the first chuck...
However, I would certainly add it to your own personal "tally" of aces. I'm up to 19 aces, but only a handful of those (5) have come in situations where I've gotten paid...The worst of which was an ace I hit during league here in Sylmar. The week before the ace pool was near 400 bucks. It was hit after having grown for months. I hit one the following week for a grand total of about 30 bucks I think...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 pm

If you throw it from the pad, it counts! I have gotten aces in league that came with a nice little bit of cash. I have gotten them with a mulligan. I have gotten aces in a casual round with my first throw. I liked them all! I have heard it said that an ace is just a bad throw that got lucky. I kind of believe that. Much rather try to be under the pin for a drop in birdie!
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

acer

Postby mkurtz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 pm

^^^ :) :)
blizzards and wizards
mkurtz

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 am

i personally say i have so many real aces and then i have so many 2nd shot aces 2 diff categories imo but either way a disc going in fr far away is what makes you keep coming back killer sport
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Return to Throwing Technique