regaining lost distance

Learn to throw from local experts.

regaining lost distance

Postby Birdman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:19 pm

i was wondering if anybody had any tips on regaining some of the distance i lost over the winter. my wraith, FL, orc, and max aren't treating me to friendly right now
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:26 pm

Yeah, its called practice.

Until then, throw less stable or beat up versions of the drivers you like the most.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:22 am

Birdman, I have similar issues, but thankfully my arm strength had kept up this winter (except for conditioning/endurance)... This is way too complex of an issue to tackle @ once, but here's a couple of ideas.

Throw some of your lighter discs so that you are getting your arm stretched back out safely. I'd think trying to muscle the heavier/stabler discs might slow down your 'warm up'.

Maybe it's not your arm as well, it may be your approach. Give it some attention to see if your timing might be off - like being ahead of your disc too much when you should be releasing. Are you getting enough drive off of your back hip on that last step? Stay low to ensure leverage on that hip too.

Then, PRACTICE! PLAY! Jsut get otu there, take it easy for a couple of rounds, and you'll warm up in no time.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Birdman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:51 am

i will say that the nice weather has been good for getting consistant playing in everyday....and i think i figure the problem out which helps...now its just making slight corrections to it...

but i know what you guys mean by throwing less stable discs cuz my valk, beast, tl and roadrunner are flying the best....but once the arm gets broken in and the distance returns it will be great....i do like the feel of the new FL tho...i think its gonna fit my game nicely...
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby chalupamarley » Tue May 01, 2007 3:45 pm

I find that one thing necessary is warm weather. I'll start playing when it's in the mid-30's, but I never get a good 'feel.' ALso, the ground is harder and there may be snow/mud.

When the weather gets warmed up, I needn't worry about conditions, that's when my stroke comes together and i feel i've got all my shots harnessed.

Once I've played warm, i'll be good until it starts cooling off again in the fall.
chalupamarley

Postby karma27895 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:48 pm

dont be afraid of getting wet im almost positive you wont melt jk but seriously ive palyed alot of rounds in the rain that were causual you should always try to play in all different elements because youll never know what to expect when you play an out of town event(hickory hills park)
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Return to Throwing Technique