Hannah Lynne Kerkove

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Hannah Lynne Kerkove

Postby Sidearm » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 am

My wife and I were expecting to welcome our third child (and first daughter) into the world on February 7 through a scheduled c-section. To our incredible sadness, our perinatologist told us that she couldn't find a heartbeat during the ultrasound on January 27. Our baby, Hannah Lynne, was delivered on January 28 & we held her for hours & took hundreds of pictures - she was so beautiful! The longest walk of my life was walking her from our hospital room to the funeral home vehicle on the basement floor. Her burial was on February 3 & her memorial service was on February 6.

Without our faith, family & friends, our grief would be unbearable. I won't play often for quite awhile, but I wanted Des Moines area disc golfers to know in case you see me out playing with tears streaming down my cheeks.

One last thing - I'm a first run star destroyer guy & I would love to purchase a few 10/10 PINK first run star destroyers for my bag in memory of my little girl. I will be more than glad to pay the going rate. I'm thankful for your friendship & I would welcome your prayers.

God bless,
Dave Kerkove
Sidearm

Postby discgolfduval » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 am

I will definitely be saying a prayer for you and your family Dave. Theres something thats hard to comprehend about tragic events like this happening to such good poeple. Hopefully you and your family can find some sort of peace as time passes.
discgolfduval

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:20 am

Dave,
I'm really sorry to hear this. This is devastating news. I can't begin to imagine how difficult the past week has been for you and your family. You, your wife, and Hannah Lynne will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jay
GDL17921

Postby crazykrug » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 am

Dave,

I know exactly how you feel and I pray for God's blessing on you and your family, may his loving arms wrap around you.

Sadly, we didn't tell anyone but Amy and I just lost our 2nd child due to a miscarriage. Amy had a D & C done last week to take the baby out and it was hard for the both of us (she was 9 weeks along). Going to the doctor and seeing the baby in her but then no heartbeat was one of the hardest days of my life.

I was going to come on here and post the good news about being a dad this week after we had told our families but it wasn't meant to be. Only God knows why it happened and I am ok with that.

Just remember there is always a silver lining at the end of a black cloud.
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby irban » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Hannah Lynne Kerkove

Postby 1semenking » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Dave. May the Good Lord be with you and your wife during your time of mourning. You and your loved ones will be in my prayers.
It's okay if your cheeks are soaked, some tears aren't meant to be wiped away.

Tim Ragen
1semenking

Postby Captain » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 pm

This is horrible. So sorry Dave, for you and your family.

The crew from Titan Disc Golf send their regards and prayers.
Captain

Postby Sidearm » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 am

Thank you for all of the kind words & prayers - they mean more than you think. Crazy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in my prayers. Some words from one of the sympathy cards we received have particularly resonated with me: "Why? That's what we ask. The truth is, we may never be able to know for sure why. But we do know that there is no single "should have done" or "could have done" or "did" or "didn't do" that would have changed that why. All that love could do was done. With deepest sympathy." Also, Crazy, if you grow weary of well-meaning individuals offering reasons for the great tragedy you have experienced, try reading 1 Corinthians 13:12 - that verse has brought me some peace.

Thanks again,
Dave Kerkove
Sidearm

Family

Postby DLCdisc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Hey Dave,

I have been through something similar and it hurts. As a man of faith I know you believe things happen for a reason. It took me a while to get over it but I have never forgotten. It makes me value my other children that much more. Can't pretend that I know "exactly" how you feel, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope disc golf helps you find some escape from the pain. Good luck brother.

Damon
DLCdisc

Postby crazykrug » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:04 pm

^

couldn't had said it better.

nice biblical verse Dave, that brought a smile to my face
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 pm

I am so sorry for your lost Dave.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club