Blizzard discs?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Blizzard discs?

Postby Sidearm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 am

Has anybody thrown any of the new champion "blizzard" discs? I have a few destroyers, a couple wraiths, and a 126 gram katana coming my way. I hope they work out better than the lightweight R-Pro Boss I bought a couple years ago. :roll:
Sidearm

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 am

I've thrown the wraith and destroyer. One thing I noticed about the wings on these is that they differ quite a bit from disc to disc...especially the wraiths(Think Wraith-L vs. Wraith-X). In terms of stability, the two that I threw were pretty spot on in terms of stability when compared to a heavier one. They all seem to have some wicked dome on them as well. As for durability, I can't speak to that as I have only thrown them a couple of times.

Dave, check the wings on them when they arrive. If the wing looks like a normal wraith(slightly concave), then you are good. If it looks flat or slightly convex, then you got one of the junk run's that is squirrely.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Sidearm » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:40 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:I've thrown the wraith and destroyer. One thing I noticed about the wings on these is that they differ quite a bit from disc to disc...especially the wraiths(Think Wraith-L vs. Wraith-X). In terms of stability, the two that I threw were pretty spot on in terms of stability when compared to a heavier one. They all seem to have some wicked dome on them as well. As for durability, I can't speak to that as I have only thrown them a couple of times.

Dave, check the wings on them when they arrive. If the wing looks like a normal wraith(slightly concave), then you are good. If it looks flat or slightly convex, then you got one of the junk run's that is squirrely.

Thanks for the information!
Sidearm

Postby JBOCK » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 am

I just ordered a 135 Wraith and 137 Destroyer from Hero Discs last night. I hope they are from a good run.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby JBOCK » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 am

I've thrown the boss, katana, wraith, and destroyer... It's gonna take time to adjust my ARM speed, but I'm turning over the k and w but the boss and destroyer have good stability and super glide.... Gonna work on them today on 10 @ Ewing.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby tufluk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am

Agree. Katana almost uncontrollable for even my weak ass. Destroyer goes a long way, but seems to always fade left at the end.
tufluk

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 am

tufluk wrote:Destroyer goes a long way, but seems to always fade left at the end.

That's what a destroyer is supposed to do...
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby .synergy- » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 pm

picked up 2 destroyers both 154 weights. Love them alot really stable. They hold up just like my echo star destoyers but with a little more distance i would say.
.synergy-

Postby tufluk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:
tufluk wrote:Destroyer goes a long way, but seems to always fade left at the end.

That's what a destroyer is supposed to do...

I know. A regular destroyer usually starts its left turn almost immediately out of my hand. I get no real distance. The blizzard At 135 flies like I've seen a destroyer fly for others.
tufluk

Postby Detra319 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 am

Tried a 130 something destroyer....its like throwing a faster buzz. Effin wierd if you ask me, dunno how useful they are for us kids that can throw. Not saying i have huge distance, but i can throw 300 on good days ;p

Anyways, cool concept and i think they will make awesome discs for the right arms. Still wierd to throw a destroyer edged disc like a buzz.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby smalls51691 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 pm

destroyer is much more stable then the boss. the boss will go far but will buckle really easy if you put force into it.
smalls51691

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:31 pm

I had no problem with my Boss. Threw probably my best round at Credit ever, by a few. Since I was testing it out, I threw this for EVERYTHING. Short and long, sidearm and backhand. I didnt try to throw it hard for sidearms, but by the end of the round Id say I went up to about 75-80% power backhand. I started throwing it with far less than that fearing it would buckle...it didnt. It EASILY paced my other distance drivers, and honestly, it did it into headwinds and cross winds I was afraid would cripple it. It has more heart than you think.

This isnt a plastic for people who think throwing it as hard as they can is the best way. You have to smooth, which most people are not when throwing with power. If you have fast arm speed and a doubt you can slow it down for better command and control, they probably are going to screw you up.

They arent for everyone, and I dont suggest buying a bag full of them. They are actually pretty versatile though, I threw like a 300ft sky annie that pulled to flat and stalled out like a putter. I announced what I planned to do with it, and did it, and the guys I was with were pretty shocked at the flight pattern for a 155g Boss. ( Hultgren and Officer Avery that is. )
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 pm

I threw a 152 Boss on #5 at Camden I and 2'd it both time. And I threw it as hard as I could. (Which isn't much, I know. :lol: ) But it GOES. Mine's a bit beefy but should be awesome once it gets beat a bit.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby anubis080 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Chase20460 wrote: You have to smooth, which most people are not when throwing with power. If you have fast arm speed and a doubt you can slow it down for better command and control, they probably are going to screw you up.

So, I take it they should not be thrown sidearm too much? I just use a lot of snap with it, not the highest arm speed by any means.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Chase20460 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm

anubis080 wrote:
Chase20460 wrote: You have to smooth, which most people are not when throwing with power. If you have fast arm speed and a doubt you can slow it down for better command and control, they probably are going to screw you up.

So, I take it they should not be thrown sidearm too much? I just use a lot of snap with it, not the highest arm speed by any means.

I throw a crappy sidearm, so they work for me. The key is not overpowering it, they can produce alot of flutter. I throw them for Sidarm shots that would equal the distance I would get from a Banshee....only with a lot less power.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Next

Return to Innova