Wildcat Bluff in DGCR top 50

Wildcat Bluff in DGCR top 50

Postby gflap » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Congrats to the crew for working hard to make this course a destination course. Number 48 in the USA. Hope to see you guys this year. Greg
gflap

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks! Looks like we've got some room for improvement though. :wink:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Re: Wildcat Bluff in DGCR top 50

Postby Crager » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:35 am

gflap wrote:Congrats to the crew for working hard to make this course a destination course. Number 48 in the USA. Hope to see you guys this year. Greg

Thanks Greg, looking forward to see you again .

If you don't count the pay to play courses we would be in the top 25, and there are a few of the top 10 that aren't open year round because they are ski hills.
Crager

Postby anubis080 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:23 am

I have to say, that was a heck of a lot of fun last weekend. Saw a lot of the crew up there last Saturday and it was a blast playing :) Thank you so much for all the hard work you put in to your course; fantastic!

It's just all the little things that add up out there, too. From the colored washers showing the pin location, to the detail put in to the stairs out there. It all just looks fantastic and it just goes to show how much you guys care about your course. So, thanks again, Wildcat Crew for making it such an enjoyable course to play :D
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Ferch » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

I have played a fair amount of courses from Illinois to Arizona, I haven't been East yet, but I have to say WB is in my all time top 5. Thank you WB Crew for this great course.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby Nohr » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Awesome guys good work. I know for certain you wildcat is head and shoulders above some of the "top 25" courses on DGCR. The course ratings over there seem to be directly effected by the ammount of forum posting you do.

I am off to give you a 5 rating because I haven't yet. Thanks for all the hard work and fun times crew.

Edit: Who the hell is spikehyzer. Seriously wildcat is poke and hope? Maybe if you can't throw a disc straight.
Nohr

Postby Crager » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Nohr wrote;
Edit: Who the hell is spikehyzer. Seriously wildcat is poke and hope? Maybe if you can't throw a disc straight.[/quote]

Thanks Dustin, haven't seen you up here in awhile.

Some people like to wing it out on the wide open courses and others like to stay in the woods (out of the wind)and be accurate.

IMO playing in the woods helps all aspects of my game , does take a little adjustment if playing an open course , my depth perception seems to be skewed for awhile.
Crager

Postby irban » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Man, that spikehyzer sounds like a dick! :D

On a side note, what is it about courses on ski hills and toboggan runs? I've never played one, but everyone seems to love em. Doesn't seem like the terrain would lend itself to an easy flowing course. Unless they're rating mainly on beauty and view?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Dustin, you already busted Spikehyzer's balls about it once......

Nohr wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:at least you picked the better course to play. :roll:

So you're telling me that all 18 holes at Wildcat are the shizzle? I call.

I actually enjoyed playing Wildwood. After I finished the round at Memorial yesterday, I was a little pissed about the back 9. But after thinking about Memorial a little bit more, I like the course. Just those two holes are pretty much my only complaint about the course.

Here is an idea. Play both courses then run your mouth on which is better/worse.
GDL17921

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:58 pm

irban wrote:Man, that spikehyzer sounds like a dick! :D

On a side note, what is it about courses on ski hills and toboggan runs? I've never played one, but everyone seems to love em. Doesn't seem like the terrain would lend itself to an easy flowing course. Unless they're rating mainly on beauty and view?

Already have a group started up to go to Standing Rocks Open this year. April 28th/29th.

Check the website, you should go Brian.....it's a very masters/grandmasters friendly tournament. That is, if you can handle Duster... :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Crager » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
irban wrote:Man, that spikehyzer sounds like a dick! :D

Already have a group started up to go to Standing Rocks Open this year. April 28th/29th.

Check the website, you should go Brian.....it's a very masters/grandmasters friendly tournament. That is, if you can handle Duster... :lol:

Had a good time there last year , would like to go again .
I liked these courses, plays like Wildcat.
Crager

Postby Jadams » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Congrats on the top 50 guys. Your crews dedication to Wildcat is second to none and it shows on every hole. Always love making the short trip down to enjoy the course. Got in a full round there yesterday. Pads were clear as always :P
Jadams

Postby robizm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 pm

when is the next dubs tourney @ Wildcat??? Hoping to get my brother out to the course for his first time !
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm

robizm wrote:when is the next dubs tourney @ Wildcat??? Hoping to get my brother out to the course for his first time !

April 28th. Titan will be running it again.
hyzerman16234

Postby gflap » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 am

Congrats to the Crew once again for moving up to #34 from #48 on DGCR!
gflap

Next

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff